Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 10:59 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hall of Salad, Word Salad that Is
Hall of Salad, Word Salad that Is
"Word salad is a "confused or unintelligible mixture of seemingly random words and phrases. . . The words may or may not be grammatically correct, but semantically confused to the point that the listener cannot extract any meaning from them." http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Word_salad Most dictionaries note that the term word salad was first used as a psychological term describing the speech patterns of advanced schizophrenics, but it is now used to describe the speech that results when the writer is either using an online translation program; or is attempting to be profound, or erudite, but lacks either the education or the vocabulary to pull it off. Word Salad is not just colossally stupid, or misinformed statements as found in the hollowed Hall of Shame, but rather statements which look like language and yet fail to communicate any sensible meaning, while at the same time providing amusement, or at least bemusement.

(January 4, 2015 at 12:58 pm)Chili Wrote: Human is opposite to woman and is why there is enmity between our left and right with a pigeon flying in between so that distance can be made between heaven and earth.
If there is a god, I want to believe that there is a god.  If there is not a god, I want to believe that there is no god.
RE: Hall of Salad, Word Salad that Is
I already posted two of his replies in the hall of shame. But a word salad thread might be the more approproate place.
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]
I like it!
The admins could just install an autocopy feature for all Chili posts though...
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

However, the constiglatory effect upon the word cadence and parsing might be construable beyond parallel congruence. I'd advise close introspective and recursive nano-moderation in view of the unexpected monotonicity.
Someone call a mod. Ricky has hacked vorlon's account.
"Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength, I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken."
Sith code
(January 4, 2015 at 2:23 pm)vorlon13 Wrote: However, the constiglatory effect upon the word cadence and parsing might be construable beyond parallel congruence. I'd advise close introspective and recursive nano-moderation in view of the unexpected monotonicity.
Lol, way to miss the point it seems you operate under the incongruent contingency which is all too probably bolstered by assumption that under the condition of utmost clarity being required to qualifying for a post being quoted here.
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

[Image: word-salad.png]
(January 5, 2015 at 12:53 am)Chili Wrote: That may not be a direct inspiration, but if you can read Plato the scriptures are easy. I am sure that his Cave is where Limbo is at and from there the shepherds are good news while in a state of sin that he called oblivion.
If there is a god, I want to believe that there is a god.  If there is not a god, I want to believe that there is no god.
[Image: this-thread-is-now-diamonds.jpg]

Seems like our forum has some professional salad tossers.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Any word from Zilla Sama? Foxaèr 17 1370 May 5, 2021 at 4:16 pm
Last Post: ignoramus
  [Serious] Singing the N-word Foxaèr 98 5479 November 14, 2019 at 4:11 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Hall of wit and epicness. Something completely different 852 265785 August 4, 2019 at 2:29 pm
Last Post: LadyForCamus
  Your one word identity Foxaèr 52 6288 September 6, 2018 at 6:08 pm
Last Post: Kernel Sohcahtoa
  [split] AF Hall of Shame, various discussion including Denmark & bible contradiction Edwardo Piet 181 13784 March 1, 2018 at 5:49 pm
Last Post: Huggy Bear
  For All You Word Lovers: You Gotta Adore This One: Copacetic Rhondazvous 17 2221 December 20, 2017 at 6:26 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Type your favorite english word ErGingerbreadMandude 52 4930 December 17, 2017 at 4:17 pm
Last Post: Catholic_Lady
  Hall of epic cuteness............... Brian37 13 1645 December 16, 2017 at 11:04 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Comical word filter disasters. Gawdzilla Sama 1 649 November 26, 2017 at 9:22 am
Last Post: I_am_not_mafia
  Hall of random shit Cyberman 55 10018 November 11, 2017 at 11:26 pm
Last Post: Joods