Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 29, 2024, 8:00 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Good morning Vietnam (and whoever else is reading)
Good morning Vietnam (and whoever else is reading)
Howdy, y'all. Having ruffled a few feathers at the Agnostic Forums, I've decided to join up here as well. I've been a committed atheist for a couple of years now, after God visited me in a dream and told me that He doesn't exist. I live in England... Hereford, to be more exact, which is a small city in the middle of acres of countryside, on the border of Wales, where the SAS is based, and... that's about all there is to know about it. And about me. What a life I've led.
'We must respect the other fellow's religion, but only in the sense and to the extent that we respect his theory that his wife is beautiful and his children smart.' H.L. Mencken

'False religion' is the ultimate tautology.

'It is just like man's vanity and impertinence to call an animal dumb because it is dumb to his dull perceptions.' Mark Twain

'I care not much for a man's religion whose dog and cat are not the better for it.' Abraham Lincoln
RE: Good morning Vietnam (and whoever else is reading)
Well, what life have you led? Dodgy
[Image: cinjin_banner_border.jpg]
There is no life in Hereford Big Grin
Which agnostic forums are these? Sounds like a good place for me to visit.
I so hope you're joking.

Although I remain dubious, I say welcome anyway.
Nothing is your own except the few cubic centimeters inside your skull. - George Orwell
I bid thee welcome to this most bodacious abode.
The Omniscient One Wrote:Having ruffled a few feathers at the Agnostic Forums
What do you mean by this precisely?

Either way, welcome Smile
Please give me a home where cloud buffalo roam
Where the dear and the strangers can play
Where sometimes is heard a discouraging word
But the skies are not stormy all day
(March 3, 2010 at 5:49 pm)The Omnissiunt One Wrote: Howdy, y'all. Having ruffled a few feathers at the Agnostic Forums, I've decided to join up here as well. I've been a committed atheist for a couple of years now, after God visited me in a dream and told me that He doesn't exist. I live in England... Hereford, to be more exact, which is a small city in the middle of acres of countryside, on the border of Wales, where the SAS is based, and... that's about all there is to know about it. And about me. What a life I've led.

G'day mate.I'm from South Australia. Where do you hang your stetson? ( I wear an Akubra,which is a bit like a stetson)

Agnostics have a forum? I must have a look.

How exactly did yo upset them? I do understand how easy it is on most forums,and in real life. My ability to annoy perfect strangers is one of my favourite assets.Angel Cloud
welcome
"There ought to be a term that would designate those who actually follow the teachings of Jesus, since the word 'Christian' has been largely divorced from those teachings, and so polluted by fundamentalists that it has come to connote their polar opposite: intolerance, vindictive hatred, and bigotry." -- Philip Stater, Huffington Post

always working on cleaning my windows- me regarding Johari
Welcome to the forums,

Most of us are agnostic too.

Rhizo

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Good Morning! PaperSun 4 167 March 28, 2024 at 2:53 pm
Last Post: Mister Agenda
  Hello & Good Morning unsapien 21 2980 May 27, 2018 at 2:12 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Morning all! I'm a newbie! chelsea-gem 7 2048 April 19, 2015 at 10:39 am
Last Post: Exian
  Good Morning! (...well, it's morning here anyway) Lewligan 13 2511 June 11, 2014 at 10:25 pm
Last Post: SteelCurtain
  Hello, just reading a book Ronga 16 2786 November 19, 2013 at 8:50 am
Last Post: Ben Davis
  Morning! Mononoke 30 6166 April 8, 2013 at 6:31 am
Last Post: Mononoke
  Good morning, and in case I don't see ya: Good afternoon, good evening, and good night! Kirbmarc 16 5595 October 29, 2012 at 4:05 am
Last Post: KichigaiNeko
  Good morning. Royston 8 2201 June 13, 2011 at 6:07 am
Last Post: Royston
  Good morning Godless! Drosophila 10 2969 November 16, 2009 at 1:57 pm
Last Post: Violet