Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 5:43 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Good Morning!
Good Morning!
Hi, just wanted to introduce myself. I am happy to have found this forum. I signed up here at least a couple weeks ago but didn't introduce myself yet. So yeah..it feels good to be around like minded individuals. I live in the Bible Belt and in a state with massive Trump support. For my safety, I can't go around talking about atheism and I can't speak out against Trump without heavy repercussions all of which will more than likely be met with violence. Yes, it's that bad in this very small sundowner town I have to live in. So yeah, it's like a breath of fresh air to find you and know I have support from you. Heart
It's shits and giggles until someone giggles and shits.

RE: Good Morning!
I grew up in a strong KKK area, living in a small town in the middle of nowhere. Made it out of there without ever having to prove anything to the locals. Never attended church and nobody reported me to anybody. People learned to not proselytize me. I mastered a very bored expression that daunted all but the most ate up believers. For them I just pulled out a book and started reading. Not sure when they gave up and left, I was more worried about the stobors.
Welcome Woof!

It sucks if that town is small enough that you can't find some place for escape. Any chance of changing locations?
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
Welcome.
Dying to live, living to die.
Welcome PaperSun! I hope you like it here. If you're interested in meeting RL people who won't look at you like you have three eyes if you accept the theory of evolution, you might try Meetup.com. It has a feature where you can put in key words (you might try atheist, evolution, freethought, humanist, and/or liberal) and a distance to find Meetups matching those terms within, say, 20 miles of your home. You might be surprised to find that there are like-minded people not so far away.

If there aren't, you might want to try what I did: start your own. Mine is the Freethought Society of the Midlands. It's in Columbia SC and I started it more than 20 years ago (before it was cool).
I'm not anti-Christian. I'm anti-stupid.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Hello & Good Morning unsapien 21 2979 May 27, 2018 at 2:12 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Morning all! I'm a newbie! chelsea-gem 7 2048 April 19, 2015 at 10:39 am
Last Post: Exian
  Good Morning! (...well, it's morning here anyway) Lewligan 13 2511 June 11, 2014 at 10:25 pm
Last Post: SteelCurtain
  Morning! Mononoke 30 6161 April 8, 2013 at 6:31 am
Last Post: Mononoke
  Good morning, and in case I don't see ya: Good afternoon, good evening, and good night! Kirbmarc 16 5592 October 29, 2012 at 4:05 am
Last Post: KichigaiNeko
  Good morning. Royston 8 2201 June 13, 2011 at 6:07 am
Last Post: Royston
  Good morning Vietnam (and whoever else is reading) The Omnissiunt One 11 2690 March 7, 2010 at 6:10 am
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Good morning Godless! Drosophila 10 2968 November 16, 2009 at 1:57 pm
Last Post: Violet