Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 29, 2024, 8:28 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Whats your experience with Muslim neighborhoods and Muslims in your country ?
Whats your experience with Muslim neighborhoods and Muslims in your country ?
That is one experience with them

and its not in anyway far from reality.

sharia law pushers :

I really don't want stupid fascist racist religion like Islam to take over Europe and the US .
[Image: eUdzMRc.gif]
RE: Whats your experience with Muslim neighborhoods and Muslims in your country ?
I don't really know any Muslims outside of AF. In other words: Nothing to add
RE: Whats your experience with Muslim neighborhoods and Muslims in your country ?
Same here, I've never lived anywhere with much of a Muslim population, sorry.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
Well nothing bad really they are friendly to say the least well the normal ones anyways.
The other ones... yeah... they are assholes... like they are deep into it too.....
Atheism is a non-prophet organization join today. 

Code:
<iframe width="100%" height="450" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" src="https://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=https%3A//api.soundcloud.com/tracks/255506953&amp;auto_play=false&amp;hide_related=false&amp;show_comments=true&amp;show_user=true&amp;show_reposts=false&amp;visual=true"></iframe>
I don't have any Muslim neighbours currently, but I had gobs of them in Belfast. Lovely people, as a rule. I had more trouble with Protestant neighbours than with Muslim ones.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
Fiji has a large Muslim population who are mostly moderates. I get along fine with them. I hate their religion, but don't mind the muslims as long as they keep their beliefs within the confines of their own mosques and homes. We did have a few cases of Fiji muslims joining the Taliban, but those were isolated cases.
Honestly Muslims don't seem to care much about portugual. We have to deal more often with chinese and romani people
Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you

I personally know many muslims and they seem pretty normal, actually they seem more normal than some of the other religious fanatics I meet around here. But these ones don't really practice much of their religion and only bear the label of muslim because their parents stamped it on them. They are afraid and hate the islamic fanatics just as I do. However I also know of other extremist fanatics nearby, who can happily murder their entire families just for the sake of their religious beliefs.

What I have observed so far is that the fanaticism exists mainly in those who are poor and illiterate. They use religion as a form of support and are extremely hard to reason with. Those who have gotten some basic education, at least near my area, are trying to break free of their religion as well.
Quote:To know yet to think that one does not know is best; Not to know yet to think that one knows will lead to difficulty.
- Lau Tzu

Join me on atheistforums Slack Cool Shades (pester tibs via pm if you need invite) Tongue

I've had a handful of turks in my HS class who were very nice and obviously from a background that valued education.

When I went to a friend's wedding at an inner city church, some turkish brats ran by and yelled at us: scheiss Christen! Fucking Christians. And I was like, come here, you call me Christian one more time! But seriously, that's when I became aware that some of them feel separated from the rest of the country by religion. And G. isn't a very pious country to begin with...
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

Lots of Asian Muslims in my home town. Areas turned over to Islam, street furniture: large ironwork gateways to streets with Islamic symbols. Huge mosques, calls to prayer publicly broadcast over several areas. My schools were 60% Asian. My old house is now a Muslim barbers. Many Muslim people visit town in full dress. The local signage is all multi language (3 or 4). Jobs with the local authority are prioritised to people who speak an Asian language. Ours is the first UK city to have a majority Asian population.

It's always enlightening to hear the Asian perspective. The ordinary person in the street. Muslims have ghettoized, even the other Asians feel it. They're quite exclusive and insular in our community. Negative experience I've had: I was driving a mini bus that was attacked by a gang of youths kicking it and using threatening language. Kids at school protesting that the Muslims were bullying them. Personally I think the locals were being racist. I don't know.

Otherwise my experience has been positive. Especially with females. Those tend to be younger girls that work in city jobs. At work relations are great. Always friendly and open.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Taliban stop female Afghan students leaving country to study in Dubai zebo-the-fat 43 3377 September 1, 2023 at 1:10 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
Exclamation Warning:You are in danger. Non-Muslim in danger! AVMXF 67 5330 July 23, 2023 at 3:07 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  LGBTQ Rights in Countries with a Muslim Magority Leonardo17 16 2320 January 14, 2023 at 7:33 am
Last Post: Leonardo17
  WHo is "The Pharaoh" in the Muslim Holy Book Leonardo17 14 1263 December 1, 2022 at 11:28 am
  3 simple points to end the discussion with any muslim SaStrike 10 1346 September 20, 2022 at 12:14 am
  The only woman to win the Fields Medal was a Muslim Alexmahone 25 4779 August 28, 2022 at 2:41 pm
Last Post: Eclectic
  Muslims , please answer this . Enlightened Ape 13 2220 August 13, 2022 at 10:32 pm
  Sudan scraps apostasy law and alcohol ban for non-Muslims zebo-the-fat 19 4077 October 14, 2020 at 10:20 am
Last Post: Mister Agenda
  [Quranic Reflection]: What should Muslims do when the verses of God are made fun of? WinterHold 37 5802 September 9, 2020 at 5:28 pm
Last Post: Abaddon_ire
  [Remember]: how the Spanish infedels treated Muslims WinterHold 146 11802 August 8, 2020 at 4:18 am
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate