Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 8:25 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My predicition
My predicition
I predict that life will be found outside of earth(probably on mars) and when it is examined it will be found to be from the same lineage as life on earth.
RE: My predicition
(January 18, 2015 at 1:26 pm)Heywood Wrote: I predict that life will be found outside of earth(probably on mars) and when it is examined it will be found to be from the same lineage as life on earth.

There already has been discovered indicators of life on Mars.

And we know that rocks travel between the two planets so neither discovery would be out of the expected range of things that can happen.

http://www.nasa.gov/mission_pages/mars/n...thane.html

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-23872765

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

(January 18, 2015 at 1:26 pm)Heywood Wrote: I predict that life will be found outside of earth(probably on mars) and when it is examined it will be found to be from the same lineage as life on earth.

ClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClap
Quote:To know yet to think that one does not know is best; Not to know yet to think that one knows will lead to difficulty.
- Lau Tzu

Join me on atheistforums Slack Cool Shades (pester tibs via pm if you need invite) Tongue

What, to you, would constitute evidence that it was "of the same lineage"?
I predict that when new life will be discovered, ancient lost manuscripts would also be found on earth explaining how gawd designed those lifeforms and placed them there solely for his followers.
Quote:To know yet to think that one does not know is best; Not to know yet to think that one knows will lead to difficulty.
- Lau Tzu

Join me on atheistforums Slack Cool Shades (pester tibs via pm if you need invite) Tongue

From the title I thought you we going to predict new scientific discoveries that support the bible, like new tree fruits that impart wisdom and eternal life after eating, a talking snake, satyrs and cockatrices, or perhaps the upper waters over the firmament above the sky. Finding a bronze age furnace that could get so hot it would kill men near it's doors would be quite the discovery. Finding the original stone tablets of the ten commandments or the alleged Ark of the covenant would be a predictable find.

But then I'd bet you don't honestly predict science to ever find these things do you?

You don't think science will ever say, "heck, the grand canyon was formed in half a day at speeds over three hundred miles and hour."

Why don't you expect and predict that?

I think it's because you know it is all hogwash fairy tales that your parents handed down to you and you can't admit that your parents lied to you.
Find the cure for Fundementia!
Same lineage means for you it has an RNA with G,A,U,C? Or do you predict more higher level similarities?
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

I predict any life found to share heywood's lineage would exterminate itself in ambarassement.
(January 18, 2015 at 1:37 pm)Aoi Magi Wrote: I predict that when new life will be discovered, ancient lost manuscripts would also be found on earth explaining how gawd designed those lifeforms and placed them there solely for his followers.
More like some obscure existing koran/bible.... scripture would be found to have told us about life on Mars all the time.

Not really that much of a prediction considering a lot of scientists already consider this to be the most plausible scenario if we do actually find life elsewhere. As downbeatplumb has pointed out there's already plenty of indicators for life existing on mars at some point.

What other revelations do you have for us, oh wise one...