Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 1:56 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"Scripture can protect you from the flu," says nitwit
"Scripture can protect you from the flu," says nitwit
One of my bible-thumping YEC friends just posted this on Facebook:

http://www.kcm.org/real-help/resources/s...st-the-flu

I think what strikes me the most is the sheer callousness poorly masked as a peppy call for reaffirmation. It's just breathtaking.
"I was thirsty for everything, but blood wasn't my style" - Live, "Voodoo Lady"
RE: "Scripture can protect you from the flu," says nitwit
Instructions unclear, just finished vomiting bible pages. On the plus I still don't have the flu.
I think that I will just stick with convention medicine. Praying only works on wallets.
You make people miserable and there's nothing they can do about it, just like god.
-- Homer Simpson

God has no place within these walls, just as facts have no place within organized religion.
-- Superintendent Chalmers

Science is like a blabbermouth who ruins a movie by telling you how it ends. There are some things we don't want to know. Important things.
-- Ned Flanders

Once something's been approved by the government, it's no longer immoral.
-- The Rev Lovejoy
(January 24, 2015 at 1:15 am)IATIA Wrote: Praying only works on wallets.

Please clarify. I just prayed for more money, it didn't work. I'm thinking it works the other way around. Wink Shades
“Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.
Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.
Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?
Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?”
Epicurus
No, god just finds your wallet. It was a reference to a previous thread. Some woman heard god tell her to stop and pick up her husband's wallet. Worship
You make people miserable and there's nothing they can do about it, just like god.
-- Homer Simpson

God has no place within these walls, just as facts have no place within organized religion.
-- Superintendent Chalmers

Science is like a blabbermouth who ruins a movie by telling you how it ends. There are some things we don't want to know. Important things.
-- Ned Flanders

Once something's been approved by the government, it's no longer immoral.
-- The Rev Lovejoy
The only was scripture is going to protect you from the flu is if you copy Matthew 17:20 onto your forehead, then stand in front of a fast-moving freight train.

You'll never be troubled by the flu again.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
[Image: 02159f1a6304f942be6363808634d6ed31cb8a16...6bc6d0.jpg]
"Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength, I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken."
Sith code
Right, and wearing a yellow hat stops you getting measles.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
Pocket full of posies works on the plague.
The field of medicine is being held back so much by its refusal to accept these well-documented preventative measures.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Church of England 'failed to protect children from sexual abusers' zebo-the-fat 25 1988 October 8, 2020 at 7:11 pm
Last Post: no one
  Birmingham Archdiocese 'ignored abuse to protect reputation' zebo-the-fat 6 1180 June 21, 2019 at 1:45 pm
Last Post: squidfetish
  The Bible Says So YahwehIsTheWay 24 3439 December 7, 2018 at 5:05 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  World ending on April 23rd, says false prophet Divinity 41 8567 April 27, 2018 at 1:19 pm
Last Post: Abaddon_ire
  Pope says in interview that there is no hell. downbeatplumb 56 9810 April 16, 2018 at 8:53 pm
Last Post: Jehanne
  So, why doesn't Scripture uniquely endorse a specific denomination ? vorlon13 36 10662 November 22, 2017 at 5:27 am
Last Post: Cod
Question Why do you people say there is no evidence,when you can't be bothered to look for it? Jaguar 74 20261 November 5, 2017 at 7:17 pm
Last Post: GUBU
  Tell All Book Says Pat Robertson Full of Shit Minimalist 12 3548 September 29, 2017 at 3:51 pm
Last Post: Atheist73
  Who Says Godscreated 153 35577 September 15, 2017 at 2:28 pm
Last Post: Amarok
  What the bible says Hell is like sinnerdaniel94 843 126343 September 11, 2016 at 6:08 pm
Last Post: Arkilogue