Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 29, 2024, 12:04 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can't Quibble With Any of These
Certain to offend fuckwits of every religion.

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2015/01/these...the-world/

Quote:These are the 12 worst ideas religion has unleashed on the world

Quote:I’ve previously highlighted some of humanity’s best moral and spiritual concepts, our shared moral core. Here, by way of contrast, are some of the worst. These twelve dubious concepts promote conflict, cruelty, suffering and death rather than love and peace. To paraphrase Christopher Hitchens, they belong in the dustbin of history just as soon as we can get them there.
Good article. I can't hardly imagine what society would be like if these horrible concepts and practices didn't exist.
RE: Can't Quibble With Any of These
(January 24, 2015 at 12:22 pm)KUSA Wrote: Good article. I can't hardly imagine what society would be like if these horrible concepts and practices didn't exist.

Most of these ideas would still be around even if there wasn't any religion. People invented these religions after all and it was these same people that came up with the dogmas. All the evil, all the need for exclusiveness are just as much part of human nature as our morality and ability for empathy.
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]
Quote:... the screams of the damned can be heard from the center of the Earth or that observing their anguish from afar will be one of the pleasures of paradise
Pleasures? Angel Cloud

Devil
You make people miserable and there's nothing they can do about it, just like god.
-- Homer Simpson

God has no place within these walls, just as facts have no place within organized religion.
-- Superintendent Chalmers

Science is like a blabbermouth who ruins a movie by telling you how it ends. There are some things we don't want to know. Important things.
-- Ned Flanders

Once something's been approved by the government, it's no longer immoral.
-- The Rev Lovejoy
just wait for the apologists to try and do "damage" control.
Atheism is a non-prophet organization join today. 

Code:
<iframe width="100%" height="450" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" src="https://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=https%3A//api.soundcloud.com/tracks/255506953&amp;auto_play=false&amp;hide_related=false&amp;show_comments=true&amp;show_user=true&amp;show_reposts=false&amp;visual=true"></iframe>
Yup, they shoot they score.

Book worship is a big one. Religious guys just don't realize they are worshipping a book. But that's all their religion hinges on.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
Um . . .

All 12 are Religion 101 kinda things.

The gist of the article is equivalent to being disappointed when opening a can of green paint and finding out it is green.

Thinking

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How do you feel about all these creationists? suddenlymark 32 3330 August 15, 2023 at 8:01 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  If god can't lie, does that mean he can't do everything? Foxaèr 184 11168 September 10, 2021 at 4:20 pm
Last Post: Dundee
  Someone should tell these people Buddha never existed Vincenzo Vinny G. 14 4611 March 5, 2021 at 6:44 am
Last Post: arewethereyet
  It Must Kill These Baptist Shitballs. Minimalist 49 9030 April 17, 2018 at 5:53 am
Last Post: GUBU
  These Guys Could Give Religion A Good Name. Minimalist 2 808 March 15, 2018 at 12:45 am
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd
  Can anyone please refute these verses of Quran (or at least their interpretations)? despair1 34 6100 April 24, 2016 at 4:34 pm
Last Post: ReptilianPeon
  Why I'm on these forums (Q/A) Mystic 30 7249 January 3, 2016 at 10:26 am
Last Post: Brian37
  Spread This And Please Expose These Televanglists! MW85 29 4793 December 24, 2015 at 8:00 am
Last Post: MW85
  Can I be sued for saving someone's life? Yes I can Dystopia 25 5311 July 14, 2015 at 5:47 pm
Last Post: Jackalope
  If we can't criticize Islam in the West, where can it be criticized? TheMessiah 29 7770 May 10, 2015 at 11:48 am
Last Post: Dystopia