Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 12:50 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I am probably missing something obvious which is going to make me feel like an idiot.

There are photos on my phone that I would like to use for an avatar. I changed my phone view so that I could get the full view of my CP on this site. So far, so good. I selected the photo and it says avatar is too big and lists the number 413. How do I make it smaller? For now, I have picked a picture I found online but I want one of my own photos for an avatar

Ignore me. I figured it out all by myself. Squeee!
RE: Avatar
[Image: That-Was-Easy-Button.png]
"Well, evolution is a theory. It is also a fact. And facts and theories are different things, not rungs in a hierarchy of increasing certainty. Facts are the world's data. Theories are structures of ideas that explain and interpret facts. Facts don't go away when scientists debate rival theories to explain them. Einstein's theory of gravitation replaced Newton's in this century, but apples didn't suspend themselves in midair, pending the outcome. And humans evolved from ape- like ancestors whether they did so by Darwin's proposed mechanism or by some other yet to be discovered."

-Stephen Jay Gould
I know you figured it out, but others may like the info.

On the page where you can change your avatar, you have the maximum dimensions of the image and file:
The maximum dimensions for avatars are: 150x150 pixels.
The maximum file size for avatars is 100 KB.

All you have to do is make your image comply to these limits and you're ok.
So in other words, simply do it correctly. Glad I could help.
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

(January 30, 2015 at 11:32 am)pocaracas Wrote: I know you figured it out, but others may like the info.

On the page where you can change your avatar, you have the maximum dimensions of the image and file:
The maximum dimensions for avatars are: 150x150 pixels.
The maximum file size for avatars is 100 KB.

All you have to do is make your image comply to these limits and you're ok.

Here are some instructions for the android phone.

On my android, I clicked on the photo I wanted from a section called gallery on my phone. I touched the photo and three vertical dots appeared at the top right. I clicked on the three dots and saw the word, edit. Once I was in edit, a little circle that said adjustments appeared on the lower left corner of my screen. I clicked on that and could resize my photo. I used the new resized photo for my avatar.

I am a crappy painter but the giant eye is supposed to belong to a dragon.
no way, dragons have scales Hmph
Quote:To know yet to think that one does not know is best; Not to know yet to think that one knows will lead to difficulty.
- Lau Tzu

Join me on atheistforums Slack Cool Shades (pester tibs via pm if you need invite) Tongue

I'll be keeping an eye on your avatar :p
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
(February 9, 2015 at 5:01 am)Aoi Magi Wrote: no way, dragons have scales Hmph

It does. Sorta. Well, it is a painting of a giant eye with bumps and some scales. Maybe it is actually some other weird creature. Mainly I am just experimenting as I try to teach myself tp paint
From a Cryptodarwinian perspective I'm sure that there were some species of dragons which were less scaly. The rain forest dwelling ones for example, where leaves and twigs would get stuck between the scales Smile
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

(January 30, 2015 at 11:04 am)Nope Wrote: I am probably missing something obvious which is going to make me feel like an idiot.

There are photos on my phone that I would like to use for an avatar. I changed my phone view so that I could get the full view of my CP on this site. So far, so good. I selected the photo and it says avatar is too big and lists the number 413. How do I make it smaller? For now, I have picked a picture I found online but I want one of my own photos for an avatar

Ignore me. I figured it out all by myself. Squeee!

Just use my ABBA Avatar, you are Borg, you will be assimilated.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  removing certain information next to an avatar Joods 19 3903 February 14, 2016 at 11:38 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Help with my new avatar (gif) Iroscato 8 2770 November 3, 2015 at 5:38 pm
Last Post: Longhorn
  appropriate avatar Phatt Matt s 46 9283 March 23, 2014 at 12:27 pm
Last Post: Phatt Matt s
  ABBA avatar missing. ATT ADMINS. Brian37 22 5818 December 3, 2013 at 6:43 am
Last Post: Brian37
  Who the hell gave me this gay avatar? Phish 36 11738 April 2, 2013 at 7:31 am
Last Post: Napoléon
  What do the gold stars next to a person's avatar mean? Angrboda 17 10936 September 21, 2012 at 2:26 pm
Last Post: Jackalope
  avatar not showing Gooders1002 6 3092 May 14, 2012 at 6:55 am
Last Post: jackman
  Avatar help? BadSheep 13 5430 April 27, 2012 at 11:58 am
Last Post: Violet
  Uploading an avatar BethK 2 2292 June 17, 2011 at 2:02 pm
Last Post: Violet
  Avatar Darwinian 4 2329 February 27, 2011 at 3:06 pm
Last Post: Darwinian