Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 10:32 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Enlightened [Elitist] Agnosticism
Enlightened [Elitist] Agnosticism
I've noticed there are some very intelligent and open minded (*sarcasm) people out there who call themselves just agnostics and think both theists and atheists are equally wrong, irrational and close minded.

Here's an article by an enlightened agnostic that knows this shit pretty well and proudly says atheists and theists are the same

Here's a summary:

Quote:When it comes to world religions, I think the Western monotheistic ones are by far the dumbest. It seems obvious that they’re all projections of human traits onto imaginary deities in order to establish cohesive tribal myths. Christianity is probably the most imbecilic major religion ever concocted. As someone who has a son, I can’t see how it’s an act of love to send your own son off to be crucified—if anything, it seems like a punk move. And Islam, with its eternally touchy and pissed-off God, is likewise nonsensical. Judaism, with its whole “chosen people” shtick, appears to be racist, if you’re worried about such things.

Quote:Still, atheism seems to require blind faith in the idea that the universe just occurred at random, that everything suddenly decided to belch forth from the void. It also depends on a blind faith that human cognition is capable of grasping the universe’s origins.

[Emphasis mine]

[Image: 25b36211c14e9fc5865feadcc7dd2afa3b5cb6d9...c7ec98.jpg]
Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you

RE: Enlightened [Elitist] Agnosticism
Do you believe there is a God?

I don't know.

You don't know if you believe there is a God?

Oh dear.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
Dumbass Article Wrote:An “atheist” is someone who believes—and the emphasis is on the word “believes,” because I can’t see how it can possibly be proved—that existence suddenly sprang from nothingness.

Ugh. Whatever.
Yeah, that's what atheism is.

How can people still be so ignorant?
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of my best videos
Some fancy word bending to say atheists have faith..
Atheism is a non-prophet organization join today. 

Code:
<iframe width="100%" height="450" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" src="https://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=https%3A//api.soundcloud.com/tracks/255506953&amp;auto_play=false&amp;hide_related=false&amp;show_comments=true&amp;show_user=true&amp;show_reposts=false&amp;visual=true"></iframe>
(February 12, 2015 at 2:38 pm)dyresand Wrote: Some fancy word bending to say atheists have faith..

It's not even that. This cunt just flat out doesn't know the definition of atheism.
According to the spectrum of theistic probability it is possible for someone to be just an agnostic, if there's exactly 50/50 probability of god existing or not existing. I'm not denying it is possible for some folks to be just agnostics in some rare circumstances, but I think that, for the most part, people eventually end up thinking god is either more likely or less likely to exist.

This kind of agnostic isn't the one that is exactly 50/50 divided, it's the one that is trying to eat both halves of the cake and I sense a high complex of superiority.
Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you

Well, if it's 50/50 then you dont believe the claim that a God does exist. So you're atheist Smile You only accept it if you are convinced it is true.

Like if I told you I knew a coin would come heads, you would reject that claim even though you know it's 50/50.

Index of my best videos
I just don't understand the massive attempt at keeping their toes out of the cold 'atheist' pool. I honestly don't know how someone could be 'just an agnostic', because gnosticism doesn't address the question of belief.
In every country and every age, the priest had been hostile to Liberty.
- Thomas Jefferson
Rob, in that case, I would be completely divided, so I guess that's pure agnosticism. I wouldn't know if it's head or tail

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Agnosticism LinuxGal 5 853 January 2, 2023 at 8:29 am
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  Atheism, theism, agnosticism, gnosticism, ignosticism Simon Moon 25 2058 October 29, 2022 at 4:49 pm
Last Post: LinuxGal
  Agnosticism IS the most dishonest position R00tKiT 575 39092 March 18, 2020 at 9:24 pm
Last Post: Mr Greene
  Two Undeniable Truths Why Theism is True and Atheism and Agnosticism are Not True HiYou 49 12239 July 21, 2015 at 6:59 am
Last Post: KUSA
  Question about atheism related with gnosticism and agnosticism Dystopia 4 2110 July 10, 2014 at 5:52 pm
Last Post: ignoramus
  Atheism vs. Agnosticism EscapingDelusion 9 5438 August 28, 2012 at 2:25 pm
Last Post: pocaracas
  Why Agnosticism? diffidus 69 26951 July 1, 2011 at 9:07 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Your view on agnosticism. eric209 19 5429 June 6, 2011 at 5:54 pm
Last Post: BethK