Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 6:56 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2 hours spent on computer for nothing.
2 hours spent on computer for nothing.
Ok, so my generous mom bought me this laptop, but didn't realize it was Windows starter. No OE email available. Fine with me because I don't use email much at all. Until I needed it today.

If you clear your browsing history, it clears out your passwords. Ok fine, so I go back to login on twitter and it tells me to put in a confirmation code they sent to my E MAIL address.......MO FO!

So I download a free email program for starter, but with the cable company tech support we got stuck on one box in the program which wouldn't size properly to drag. So after 3 calls and 3 tecs the last guy finally says I can access my email through the company website with my password.

MO FO! So I wasted time downloading a program, only to be told I could access my email through their website.
RE: 2 hours spent on computer for nothing.
Ah boy! Sorry to hear that. It drives me nuts when computers mess me around.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
(February 15, 2015 at 10:35 am)robvalue Wrote: Ah boy! Sorry to hear that. It drives me nuts when computers mess me around.

It is a double edge sword. I actually don't mind some problems because you learn how to fix them. It just upset me that I wasted my time and the tecs time when I had the power the entire time to get my e mail without my own software.

It's alot like most people not being able to change the oil in their car. It still is a learning experience.
That's true. I don't mind either if I find out I could do better with more knowledge. It's when it just arses around for no good reason I get mad.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
I haven't used a dedicated e-mail client for quite a while... hooray for gmail!
(February 15, 2015 at 10:43 am)robvalue Wrote: That's true. I don't mind either if I find out I could do better with more knowledge. It's when it just arses around for no good reason I get mad.

It wasn't serious mad, but more like Homer Simpson DOH!

Meh, "Lonestar, I am your father's cousin's brother's former roommate".
(February 15, 2015 at 10:34 am)Brian37 Wrote: Ok, so my generous mom bought me this laptop, but didn't realize it was Windows starter(...)

(bold mine)

I have found your problem Big Grin No need to thank.
(February 15, 2015 at 11:59 am)LastPoet Wrote:
(February 15, 2015 at 10:34 am)Brian37 Wrote: Ok, so my generous mom bought me this laptop, but didn't realize it was Windows starter(...)

(bold mine)

I have found your problem Big Grin No need to thank.

Yuhup.
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
Actually besides not having OE, Starter has been the most stable OS I have used.
(February 15, 2015 at 12:30 pm)Brian37 Wrote: Actually besides not having OE, Starter has been the most stable OS I have used.

Hilarious

Ahem, sorry Brian, not making fun of yourself, just your naivete.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Ok computer techs, what say you? Brian37 82 6450 October 7, 2021 at 1:36 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Something for nothing onlinebiker 92 4785 September 14, 2021 at 3:11 pm
  The really real Something For Nothing no one 1 396 September 12, 2021 at 5:50 pm
  24 hours to live onlinebiker 115 6095 January 1, 2021 at 1:23 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Computer repair workshop customers I need your help purplepurpose 12 1120 March 18, 2019 at 9:33 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Your ideal home office/computer pit. Gawdzilla Sama 4 743 August 25, 2018 at 12:34 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  The thread about nothing. Gawdzilla Sama 34 2101 July 30, 2018 at 5:08 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Too sexy for my computer Foxaèr 40 8097 May 13, 2018 at 2:54 am
Last Post: Succubus
  Once again time for how much time you've spent here Foxaèr 23 2681 April 5, 2018 at 2:20 pm
Last Post: robvalue
  Is it Good to Complain When there's Really Nothing that can be Done? Rhondazvous 17 4917 May 25, 2017 at 4:49 pm
Last Post: Rhondazvous