Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 3:44 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Denmark attacked.
Denmark attacked.
Lone nut attacks conference on free speech and attacks Synagogue guard.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-31475803
RE: Denmark attacked.
Oh no, not another one Sad This is awful.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
Well that's dumb.
(February 16, 2015 at 9:24 am)FlyingSpaghettiMonster Wrote: Well that's dumb.

It is going to continue happening as long as our species allows any religion protection from blasphemy. I am tired of humans thinking that rights constitute freedom from being offended. If you are taught that your religion entitles you to get violent over an insult, your religion deserves to be insulted.
(February 16, 2015 at 9:28 am)Brian37 Wrote:
(February 16, 2015 at 9:24 am)FlyingSpaghettiMonster Wrote: Well that's dumb.

It is going to continue happening as long as our species allows any religion protection from blasphemy. I am tired of humans thinking that rights constitute freedom from being offended. If you are taught that your religion entitles you to get violent over an insult, your religion deserves to be insulted.

Freedom of religion is not the same as kill whoever you want. They know what they are doing but do it anyways because places like America and the Middle East science isn't too popular so stupidity reigns.
(February 16, 2015 at 9:34 am)FlyingSpaghettiMonster Wrote:
(February 16, 2015 at 9:28 am)Brian37 Wrote: It is going to continue happening as long as our species allows any religion protection from blasphemy. I am tired of humans thinking that rights constitute freedom from being offended. If you are taught that your religion entitles you to get violent over an insult, your religion deserves to be insulted.

Freedom of religion is not the same as kill whoever you want. They know what they are doing but do it anyways because places like America and the Middle East science isn't too popular so stupidity reigns.

Well Christianity and Hebrew like to hide behind secular law as if they would behave without it. Their own god characters also are not about civility beyond at best, treating outsiders as pets and house guests. The character of this Abraham god is not about western secular common law at all.

This character is a mafia boss, a dictator god, whom at best allows the outsider to exist as long as they know their place in the social pecking order. But most of the time this character is very brutal to the outsider and demands loyalty from his fans.

No this is not how western Christians or Jews or even moderate or liberal Muslims like to view this god. But none of them want to face the reality of why god claims even in polytheism were depicted and written the way they were back then.

Even in polytheistic antiquity you had a social pecking order. You had a ruling class, a warrior class and the surfs who were the paupers. Even in Rome and Greece, we falsely attribute our modern democracy to them. They had kings and the senates of them were still under the ultimate rule of their kings.

The polytheism and monotheism of the past was tribal so the god or gods back then reflected the societies back then. The rulers falsely attributed their fortune and conquests to the divine.

The monotheism of Abraham by the Hebrews wasn't even the first attempt in human religious history at a monotheistic god. There was one Egyptian Pharaoh to made the attempt to turn Ra into the only god. Zoroastirianism also is a much older form of monotheism. The Hebrews simply took a former lesser god Yahweh who was part of the divine family of the Canaanite polytheism and turned him into the one true god.

But the motifs of divinity saving a populous is not an idea invented by the Hebrews. Horus long before was born to save the Egyptian society.

There never was a god or gods saving humans. There are only humans who have created these myths.
Anyone else smell a little of anti-Semitism? I mean, synagogues, jewish man killed... No coincidence
Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you

(February 16, 2015 at 10:04 am)Dystopia Wrote: Anyone else smell a little of anti-Semitism? I mean, synagogues, jewish man killed... No coincidence

NO and bullshit.

There are religious bigots in every camp. But Jews also need to stop thinking anyone who questions Israel our points out their nuts, makes us anti semetic. If you have Jewish fundies holding up an airline because those sexist asshole men wont sit next to women, I will blaspheme them too. They still practice male genital mutilation which is no different than Muslim and Christian genital mutilation of girls/women in Africa.

And Jews are like American Christians did to Natives, provoking fights to make land grabs.

I really am sick of any religion, Jews don't get a pass either, thinking any criticism or blasphemy is a call to genocide or oppression. If I cuss your religion out, it is the claim or your actions. It has nothing to do with your human right to be free from violence from your neighbor or government.

Jews should not get a pass either.

Any Jew hiding behind the Holocaust to avoid criticism demeans the suffering of the likes of Ann Frank, and the suffering of all minorities such as blacks and gays and Native Americans.

If your religion cannot handle scrutiny, it has no place in civil society. Part of protecting pluralism is the ability to face anyone with a mirror even if it is ugly.
Quote:There are religious bigots in every camp. But Jews also need to stop thinking anyone who questions Israel our points out their nuts, makes us anti semetic. If you have Jewish fundies holding up an airline because those sexist asshole men wont sit next to women, I will blaspheme them too. They still practice male genital mutilation which is no different than Muslim and Christian genital mutilation of girls/women in Africa.
Yeah on this I agree

Quote:I really am sick of any religion, Jews don't get a pass either, thinking any criticism or blasphemy is a call to genocide or oppression. If I cuss your religion out, it is the claim or your actions. It has nothing to do with your human right to be free from violence from your neighbor or government.

Any Jew hiding behind the Holocaust to avoid criticism demeans the suffering of the likes of Ann Frank, and the suffering of all minorities such as blacks and gays and Native Americans.

If your religion cannot handle scrutiny, it has no place in civil society. Part of protecting pluralism is the ability to face anyone with a mirror even if it is ugly.
You are missing the point. This isn't about Judaism (religion), this is about the fact it's not the first time there's an attack by a Muslim and there's dead jews. Anti-semitism isn't based on religion, it is based on race, and don't even dare saying "race doesn't exist", because Muslims and white supremacists have a different take on the issue. I don't understand why you are bringing up Judaism, I don't think it gets a pass too, I think Judaism is equally insane to the other big two, but this isn't about religion, it's about a dead Jew by Muslim. In case you haven't noticed, Jew isn't just religion, for Jewish families (at least the ones I've met) anyone who is born from Jewish parents is Jewish, even if that person is an atheist. There's a lot of jews who practice religion out of tradition but don't even believe in all the shit. Muslims don't target Jews out of religion, they target them out of ethnic discrimination
Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you

(February 16, 2015 at 10:31 am)Dystopia Wrote:
Quote:There are religious bigots in every camp. But Jews also need to stop thinking anyone who questions Israel our points out their nuts, makes us anti semetic. If you have Jewish fundies holding up an airline because those sexist asshole men wont sit next to women, I will blaspheme them too. They still practice male genital mutilation which is no different than Muslim and Christian genital mutilation of girls/women in Africa.
Yeah on this I agree

Quote:I really am sick of any religion, Jews don't get a pass either, thinking any criticism or blasphemy is a call to genocide or oppression. If I cuss your religion out, it is the claim or your actions. It has nothing to do with your human right to be free from violence from your neighbor or government.

You are missing the point. This isn't about Judaism (religion), this is about the fact it's not the first time there's an attack by a Muslim and there's dead jews. Anti-semitism isn't based on religion, it is based on race, and don't even dare saying "race doesn't exist", because Muslims and white supremacists have a different take on the issue. I don't understand why you are bringing up Judaism, I don't think it gets a pass too, I think Judaism is equally insane to the other big two, but this isn't about religion, it's about a dead Jew by Muslim. In case you haven't noticed, Jew isn't just religion, for Jewish families (at least the ones I've met) anyone who is born from Jewish parents is Jewish, even if that person is an atheist. There's a lot of jews who practice religion out of tradition but don't even believe in all the shit. Muslims don't target Jews out of religion, they target them out of ethnic discrimination

No, that is bullshit. If the Hebrew religion had never been invented there would be no "Semite" word to throw around.

I am tired of the fucking bullshit that this has nothing to do with religion. BOTH Muslims and Jews run between race and religion and use the argument's to avoid that RELIGION is the core problem.

Jew is not a race, Islam is not a race. Those are both fucking excuses to hide behind old books of myth. There were humans mixing the entire existence of both, and humans whom mixed prior to those religions existing at all.

You fucking give BOTH the excuse they need to perpetuate "Chosen people" bullshit. That is what it is ultimately about. It is about a sky daddy war and the holy books of both religions being used as excuses to keep land or take land. It is mythological childish bullshit tribalism. Giving either the issue of race is to give cover to the core cause.

No, sorry, you are not going to lump me in with bigots and allow Jews to ignore the their own flaws in logic. No one deserve to hide behind race as an excuse to avoid the harm religion causes.

Muslims pull this shit too. The race card is used BY BOTH to avoid the real cause which is religion.

No, once you know our species is much older than both religions, and once you know our human DNA is traced back to our common ancestors, the issues of race and or religion are merely fucking excuses our species makes to set up social pecking orders.

I am not going to have you or anyone falsely accuse me of any form of bigotry or accuse me of ignoring bigotry when I am simply pointing out the real truth. We are the same species PERIOD. Any Jew who cant handle criticism or blasphemy to me is no fucking better than any Muslim who cant handle it.

Our planet is much older than both religions and our skin tones and boarders do not change, nor will every change that we are equal as a species.

No, I am not going to let anyone get away with it.

Fuck the word "Arab" for Muslims to hide behind race. Fuck the word Zion and Semite and Jew as claims of race. FUCK RACE FUCK RELIGION we are still the same species and I am tired of BOTH sides failing to see that. Jews today to me have less of an excuse to ignore that because they have had a longer history of western pluralism.

Labels have never or will ever make us a separate species. The world needs to grow the fuck up.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Oregon Journalist Andy Ngo Attacked By Antifa Members EgoDeath 140 11872 July 21, 2019 at 12:19 pm
Last Post: Amarok
  Ghanem Almasarir, Saudi Human Rights Activist attacked in London WinterHold 3 611 October 12, 2018 at 4:02 am
Last Post: WinterHold
  Denmark getting it right. Brian37 17 2024 April 10, 2016 at 4:07 pm
Last Post: TubbyTubby
  Dallas art depicting Mo attacked. Brian37 22 2670 May 5, 2015 at 9:05 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Attacks on free speech in Denmark. Brian37 2 1026 February 14, 2015 at 3:45 pm
Last Post: Brian37