Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 29, 2024, 12:57 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I am getting sick of this argument.
I am getting sick of this argument.
Ok, some good news first off. The asshole who murdered several hostages on video for Isis has been identified. I am sure he will have to leave the fight or will end up dead over power struggles or be ratted out.

But the same argument was made about the education of the 19 hijackers of 9/11. The GOP uses the dodge of the education of those who commit violence for religious reasons. The GOP uses this bullshit not to fight religious violence overseas, but to justify their corporate welfare here.

No shit well to do people can do horrible things. That is precisely the point. Class does not equal morality and those with the means can use their education to lead others off of a cliff.

The argument sane people make is that global economic stability will ON AVERAGE make it LESS LIKELY that people will become sheep. The sell of utopias in the form of ideology is very useful to convince anyone who feels disenfranchised to join a cause.

Everyone would like to think Bin Ladin did what he did solely to get even with the west. No, he did that for very selfish reasons, mainly to show the wealthy family that rejected him, that he could handle power. He was motivated by that rejection by his family. He in turn played upon the less educated and more religious of the poverty in Africa and Afghanistan.

I am sick of the GOP using this as a mask to do what they have always done, use it to divide the parties and classes. Yes educated people can commit acts of violence. But it takes the same utopia carrot to dangle in front of others in order to get them to do things they normally would not do.

It is about jobs, it is about the GOP using terrorism and fear mongering to distract their voters here. I want these asshole republicans to explain to me what would be so horrible if more of the world were economically stable. They love using religious violence as a distraction. They know damned well liberals hate it as much as they do.

The world is too small now for ideologies and utopias of any kind. The GOP needs to stop lying to dodge economic instability. They are simply making this argument to justify global corporatism, and using ideology to do it.

No sane westerner left or right likes religious violence. Stop fucking using that as a wedge issue.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Trump was just advertising for a drug for COVID; he wasn't sick WinterHold 36 2348 October 17, 2020 at 12:39 am
Last Post: LadyForCamus
  Shatner getting a divorce from 4th wife Fake Messiah 21 929 December 17, 2019 at 3:36 am
Last Post: BrokenQuill92
  Dear Orange Fuckface-Your Act Is Getting Old Minimalist 0 240 August 31, 2018 at 12:56 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Xtians are getting their feathers ruffled by Orville Cyberman 31 3211 October 29, 2017 at 1:52 am
Last Post: Javaman
  I'm Sick of this Thoughts And Prayers, Horseshit Minimalist 63 10703 October 5, 2017 at 11:21 pm
Last Post: chimp3
  Mueller's Getting Serious Minimalist 38 6830 August 6, 2017 at 7:29 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  Model claims she was fired by Hyundai for getting her period on the job Cecelia 11 2175 June 1, 2017 at 9:28 am
Last Post: c172
  Trump may be getting bored with the job already Amarok 18 4461 April 2, 2017 at 7:15 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  So Now This Is Getting Interesting. Minimalist 57 8173 December 17, 2016 at 9:52 am
Last Post: Cato
  Blair is finally getting some flak abaris 3 665 July 6, 2016 at 7:56 pm
Last Post: Minimalist