Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 4:20 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So Now This Is Getting Interesting.
So Now This Is Getting Interesting.
http://www.rawstory.com/2016/12/electors...lege-vote/

Quote:Electors demand intelligence report on Russian hacking before Electoral College vote

Quote:A group of bipartisan electors are calling on U.S. intelligence officials to release findings on Russia’s involvement in the U.S. election prior to the Electoral College vote that will make Donald Trump’s presidential election official.
In an open letter to Director of National Intelligence James Clapper on Monday, a group of nine electors representing both parties vow to discharge their duties by the standard described in Alexander Hamilton’s The Federalist Paper No. 68.
“We intend to discharge our duties as Electors by ensuring that we select a candidate for president who, as our Founding Fathers envisioned, would be ‘endowed with the requisite qualifications,'” the letter states. “[T]he Constitution envisions the Electoral College as a deliberative body that plays a critical role in our system of government — ensuring that the American people elect a president who is constitutionally qualified and fit to serve.”

Because clearly so far the 'Murrican People have failed that test.
RE: So Now This Is Getting Interesting.
We live in interesting times, for sure.
Someone needs to remind these people that they'd be setting a precedent if they decide to go that route.
"Well, evolution is a theory. It is also a fact. And facts and theories are different things, not rungs in a hierarchy of increasing certainty. Facts are the world's data. Theories are structures of ideas that explain and interpret facts. Facts don't go away when scientists debate rival theories to explain them. Einstein's theory of gravitation replaced Newton's in this century, but apples didn't suspend themselves in midair, pending the outcome. And humans evolved from ape- like ancestors whether they did so by Darwin's proposed mechanism or by some other yet to be discovered."

-Stephen Jay Gould
(December 12, 2016 at 5:01 pm)Tonus Wrote: Someone needs to remind these people that they'd be setting a precedent if they decide to go that route.

It's a damn good precedent to set if you ask me. If we're going to be stuck with the electoral college system, we might as well use it how it was intended, which is to prevent people who are not qualified to be President, or who are under the influence of foreign powers (both arguably are somewhat true for Trump) from being elected President.
(December 12, 2016 at 5:01 pm)Tonus Wrote: Someone needs to remind these people that they'd be setting a precedent if they decide to go that route.

I'd wager that they're rather aware of that...
How will we know, when the morning comes, we are still human? - 2D

Don't worry, my friend.  If this be the end, then so shall it be.
Be a quick way to rid ourselves of the electoral college...
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
Do you suppose Drumpf will ever forgive them?

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-38294765

Quote:Republicans Ryan and McConnell back Russia vote hack probe

Quote:Senior Republicans in Congress have said they will support further investigation of findings that Russian hackers meddled in the US election.

House Speaker Paul Ryan and Senate Majority leader Mitch McConnell said any foreign intervention in the polls was unacceptable.
I think there's 0 chance that this could actually happen, but I'll be damned if I don't fantasize about it happening every day until they vote.
A Gemma is forever.
still trying to figure out how the Russkis persuaded Hillary to not run a credible campaign in Ohio, Pennsylvania, Florida, Wisconsin, Iowa . . . .
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

Another guy who won't be on Drumpf's Buddie's List.

http://www.rawstory.com/2016/12/trump-su...f-treason/

Quote:Trump-supporting Tea Partier stuns CNN host by saying the president-elect is on the verge of treason

Quote:“I’m outraged at the lack of outrage, especially on my side, the Republican side,” Walsh told CNN’s Brooke Baldwin. “I get that the country is divided, but my god: a foreign government interfered with our election. That should piss everybody off.”
Walsh iterated several of the talking points he made earlier Monday on Twitter, ripping into the partisan reaction to the CIA assessment. “It’s like because our guy won, Trump won, we’re going to keep our mouths shut,” Walsh said. “I mean that’s just so wrong.”
Walsh argued there’s “no debate” that Russia attempted to influence the election in favor of Trump.”

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Shatner getting a divorce from 4th wife Fake Messiah 21 915 December 17, 2019 at 3:36 am
Last Post: BrokenQuill92
  Dear Orange Fuckface-Your Act Is Getting Old Minimalist 0 238 August 31, 2018 at 12:56 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Interesting Development Minimalist 18 2420 March 26, 2018 at 7:39 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  Xtians are getting their feathers ruffled by Orville Cyberman 31 3211 October 29, 2017 at 1:52 am
Last Post: Javaman
  Mueller's Getting Serious Minimalist 38 6808 August 6, 2017 at 7:29 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  Interesting Development in the Med. Minimalist 7 2034 June 28, 2017 at 10:14 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Model claims she was fired by Hyundai for getting her period on the job Cecelia 11 2173 June 1, 2017 at 9:28 am
Last Post: c172
  Trump may be getting bored with the job already Amarok 18 4458 April 2, 2017 at 7:15 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  Very interesting Jullian Assange interview with RT ReptilianPeon 51 6397 August 14, 2016 at 1:10 pm
Last Post: abaris
  Blair is finally getting some flak abaris 3 665 July 6, 2016 at 7:56 pm
Last Post: Minimalist