Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 29, 2024, 4:16 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What are the best BBQ foods ever? Let's make the perfect barbecue.

What I really mean in more words than the title can permit is what are your favorite barbecue (BBQ) foods, how they are made, favorite barbecue (BBQ) activities, favorite people to have at a barbecue (BBQ) family or friends? Whatever else barbecue (BBQ) related that you think needs to get mentioned. And I'm not saying not to say "Orgy's & BBQ's go great together!" but, don't say, "Orgy's & BBQ's go great together!"

I personally like grilled barbecued (BBQd) steak, cheesy sausages, baked potatoes, beer, friends or family and some good music. Barbecues (BBQs) are awesome.
RE: What are the best BBQ foods ever? Let's make the perfect barbecue.
Babies. Lots of gluten-free babies. And kittens. Fluffy little kittens.
I don't do BBQ's because of space, and because I don't like long, drawn out dinners. But I do like pulled pork as made in my crockpot. Usually pork shoulder in Coke or Dr. Pepper, onion soup mix, salt, pepper, cheap BBQ sauce like Hunts, and there you go. Serve it on a hamburger bun with American cheese, side of chips, and there you go.

I am kind of curious about "shrimp on the barbie", which seems much more popular in America than Oz, despite their tourism campaign. Seems like that would be good.
"For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." - Carl Sagan
I am the queen of the barbeque! When I had a decent yard, I had a BBQ every Sunday.

Two BBQ grills are necessary; one Weber and one gas grill, and an extra bag of charcoal/ extra propane tank is a good idea. Also, it's nice to have a sous chef or co-chef to help with the cooking. Enough cooler space is essential, along with enough ice to last the entirety of the party. Scatter seating all over your yard. Have plenty of plastic utensils, paper plates (can go into the bonfire at night), red cups, and napkins. Don't forget the firepit and lots of wood! Oh! In the summer, it's nice to have a blender handy.

Unless it's a special occasion, and you feel like hosting, have all of your guests bring side dishes, desserts, and their own libations. No one ever minds this, and people really do like to contribute. I always provide the meat, veggie burgers, buns, and condiments.

Lawn games are fun: lawn darts, redneck horseshoes, donkey balls, croquet, etc., as is darts, if you have somewhere in your yard to hang a board.

I used to make a new playlist for each of my BBQs, keeping in mind who my guests would be. Even if you don't do that, it's fun to DJ, and some of my friends get excited when I ask them to act as DJ, and often people will ask if they can.

On to the most important part: the food.

Meat/ main courses I enjoy: marinated tri-tip; burgers infused with bacon and onions; grilled falafel with homemade tzatziki sauce; chicken marinated in Dinosaur BBQ Wango Tango or Sensuous Slathering sauce; beer brats; portobella mushrooms marinated in balsamic vinegar, then topped with red peppers and goat cheese.

Sides I love: lemon pepper asparagus; grilled corn on the cob with cayenne and lime butter; marinated artichokes with beurre blanc (just make sure you have lots of garbage cans around for the leaves post teeth-scrape); foil packet potatoes with just salt and pepper; green salad; rolls of different shapes and flavors.

Gawds, I love a good BBQ. It's one of my favorite things!
Lots of big long fat sausages, mmmm.
(February 28, 2015 at 5:24 pm)Norman Humann Wrote: Babies. Lots of gluten-free babies. And kittens. Fluffy little kittens.

Babies, yes, delish!!!

Kittens?!? Confusedhock:

I am from the Northwest, where BBQ is considered "grilled meat" usually steak, chicken, burgers, hot dogs, etc. Very much like rexbecca says.

But in the south, (mind you, I have never been there, but I watch too much Food Network) BBQ is something way more in depth. And ooooohhhh... yeah. Meat cooked usually with wood fire, slow and low. That is my favorite BBQ. My favorites are beef brisket, and pork ribs. The sides, collard greens, spicy down home mac and cheese....and much more..

One of my friends said when they visited the south they would get "BBQ", and it was usually pulled pork sandwich with coleslaw on it.

Great topic, thanks for the thread. Smile
[Image: dc52deee8e6b07186c04ff66a45fd204.jpg]
I love backyard grilling and smoking. I don't care for BBQ sauce, myself, but I can make a good batch. Generally I like grilled steaks or chicken, but like Rex I love a good tritip, though they're very hard to find here in Texas.

For beef, I will marinade in a good beer or occasionally some merlot, usually over night, and then grill it to rare/medium rare.

For chicken, I'll skewer boneless breast strips and baste in olive oil and fresh-cut basil, or I'll take leg quarters and do them in butter and seasonings. Potatoes and corn on the cob are good go-withs.

I used to host a monthly bbq/jam session back in SoCal -- acoustic guitars, BBQ, beer, girlfriends, kids, and good times.

I grill out here when the weather allows ... gone are the days when, as my buddy Gary would say of me, "he'd barbecue in a snowstorm."

And yeah, portabellas stuffed with zucchini, diced tomato, fresh garlic, and red onion, topped with cheese.

The best BBQ? Slow cooked until they are falling off the bone baby back ribs.

[Image: baby-back-ribs.jpg]
Save a life. Adopt a greyhound.
[Image: JUkLw58.gif]
(February 28, 2015 at 6:24 pm)psychoslice Wrote: Lots of big long fat sausages, mmmm.

Something tells me you are not talking about bbq.
(February 28, 2015 at 11:18 pm)KUSA Wrote:
(February 28, 2015 at 6:24 pm)psychoslice Wrote: Lots of big long fat sausages, mmmm.

Something tells me you are not talking about bbq.

He he, well lets make it this way, I'm a vegetarian lol.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Let's be different Foxaèr 38 2458 August 17, 2023 at 12:38 am
Last Post: no one
  Getcher BBQ Right Here! Fireball 1 598 April 12, 2023 at 11:37 pm
Last Post: Foxaèr
  Let's see your electric car do THIS... onlinebiker 18 1158 November 11, 2020 at 9:11 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Let them eat spam! Foxaèr 33 2084 September 13, 2020 at 2:11 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Are you going to let him do that? onlinebiker 4 1061 August 22, 2019 at 8:44 pm
Last Post: EgoDeath
  They let these people breed onlinebiker 17 1462 February 17, 2019 at 5:51 pm
Last Post: fredd bear
  Perfect gift for package thieves this christmas Clueless Morgan 12 1072 December 21, 2018 at 11:57 am
  Let's (re-)watch a series on Netflix together. Mystic 33 3789 October 18, 2018 at 10:17 am
Last Post: DodosAreDead
  Let's start some conspiracy theories. Gawdzilla Sama 76 10609 July 13, 2018 at 12:11 pm
  Let me know how much I've upset you or you don't want me here. Foxaèr 34 5991 April 28, 2018 at 5:23 am
Last Post: Little lunch