Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 8:47 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Forum Migration Update
Forum Migration Update
Update: Please also read the following thread: http://atheistforums.org/thread-32447.html

Hi everyone,

If you are reading this message then you are currently browsing the new Atheist Forums server. The migration appears to have gone well, everything has been ported across and upgraded. As you will notice, the forums looks mostly the same, though the appearance of threads has changed a bit (this is largely due to us having to deactivate a number of plugins).

There are still server-side features that need to be enabled (i.e. SSL) but the forums should work. I still have a lot of work to do, so please bear with me for the next 2 weeks or so as I slowly sort stuff out. Please use this thread to report features which are missing / broken. Don't be afraid to post what you think might be obvious / small things (i.e. if you don't see a link that you used to, please let me know).

Thanks,

Tiberius

Cthulhu Dreaming Wrote:Current issues list

1. Incompatible plugin:  Shoutbox
  2. Incompatible plugin:  Contact Form
  3. Incompatible plugin:  Necropost Notice
  4. Incompatible plugin:  GoMobile Theme
  5. Incompatible plugin:  Overview
  6. Incompatible plugin:  SSL Switcher
  7. Incompatible plugin:  Tapatalk
  8. Incompatible plugin:  Username Change
  9. Incompatible plugin:  Username Style
  10. Incompatible plugin:  Kudos
  11. Users can switch to the Mobile theme, and are unable to switch back without directly entering the usercp.php URL (reported by CD)
  12. The horizontal rule that separates one post from another does not provide enough contrast (reported by CD)
  13. The text box for editing, while nice and bigger, is overlapping the smiley selections on my display. link - (Verified.  This is related to the zoom level of the browser, you can replicate it using Ctrl+ to zoom in.  Workaround:  Use Ctrl- to zoom out. - CD)
  14. Code box isn't word wrapping in Courier(?). link
  15. No button for hide or I missed it- I don't know there ever was one but it would be a convenience. link
  16. Aractus thinks the border background is wonky (CD agrees) link
  17. Rules aren't listed on the site
  18. List of people that have been online during the day is missing (not sure whether we want this back or not. Low priority). (Duplicate of 5 - CD)
  19. "Religious views:" missing from profile and posts.
  20. There should be a horizontal rule between post content and signature. link
  21. There should be more visual contrast between post header and post body. link
  22. Thread title should be displayed in each post link
  23. "My posts" link in the menu is missing link
  24. Server appears occasionally unresponsive. (Observation -CD)
  25. Post count medals are missing
  26. Anniversary medals are missing
  27. Member award badges are missing
  28. https is not configured in nginx
  29. Min asks us to not prefill 'http://' in the image/link/video entry textbox. (I agree, these thing are almost always pasted in, making it necessary to delete them by hand.  Alternatively, the box can be pre-selected with focus, though that likely would be more work - CD)
  30. The UCP option "Put the editor in source mode by default" doesn't work. I activated that, but still got the new editor by default... The new editor can become a tad sluggish.
  31. Normal members are able to access the soft delete function
  32. Donate link missing.

(We will attempt to keep this list updated as new issues are reported and current ones are cleared.)
RE: Forum Migration Update
At the risk of looking like a Kudos whore, that feature is missing at the moment. Big Grin
[Image: bbb59Ce.gif]

(September 17, 2015 at 4:04 pm)Parkers Tan Wrote: I make change in the coin tendered. If you want courteous treatment, behave courteously. Preaching at me and calling me immoral is not courteous behavior.
Looks spiffy. What happened to MyPost and MyKudos links?
(March 28, 2015 at 9:04 pm)Surgenator Wrote: Looks spiffy. What happened to MyPost and MyKudos links?

You can find Kudos here. You'll have to put your user name in the appropriate field at the bottom though.

Of course, until/unless the kudos feature comes back, it won't have much use.

I'm gonna be accidentally trying to PM/Find a lot as I'm trying to give kudos. Smile
Thief and assassin for hire. Member in good standing of the Rogues Guild.
Looks like a good start, especially if everything is working on the back end.
"Well, evolution is a theory. It is also a fact. And facts and theories are different things, not rungs in a hierarchy of increasing certainty. Facts are the world's data. Theories are structures of ideas that explain and interpret facts. Facts don't go away when scientists debate rival theories to explain them. Einstein's theory of gravitation replaced Newton's in this century, but apples didn't suspend themselves in midair, pending the outcome. And humans evolved from ape- like ancestors whether they did so by Darwin's proposed mechanism or by some other yet to be discovered."

-Stephen Jay Gould
There is too much white. Its hurting my eyes.
Take the white please please.
Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you

I scrolled all the way to the bottom, and there was a drop down where I could change to "old atheist forum" theme to get rid of all the white. All that white hurt my eyes too!
...it is common knowledge that the upper third, centered in Flagstaff, is Alta Arizona; the lower third, centered in Tucson, is Baja Arizona; and the middle third, centered in Phoenix, is Caca Arizona. Simple as ABC...

http://www.bandersnatch.com/bajaz.htm
Please make Kudos a priority Tibby Smile
I believe I've removed most of the white from the threads now, but please don't change the theme (I've removed that ability now). Instead, please try to be helpful and *tell me* where the white is. A nice screenshot can go a long way...I am not a mind reader.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  PSA: Update to necroposting rule arewethereyet 51 6578 April 3, 2023 at 2:33 am
Last Post: Goosebump
  A Quick Update Tiberius 4 1850 January 22, 2019 at 3:35 pm
Last Post: Mr.Obvious
  Privacy Policy Update Tiberius 1 920 October 8, 2017 at 5:29 pm
Last Post: Foxaèr
  Area 69 Rules Update Cyberman 34 5837 July 27, 2017 at 8:38 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Trolling rule update Jackalope 110 18407 February 19, 2017 at 3:39 am
Last Post: SteelCurtain
  Update to the "Quoting Others Inaccurately" rule. Tiberius 25 5727 November 27, 2016 at 9:48 am
Last Post: Huggy Bear
  New Administrator / Moderator Notices + Rules Update Tiberius 38 6823 July 15, 2015 at 1:01 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  Forum Migration Issues / Bugs Tiberius 9 2422 April 17, 2015 at 9:27 am
Last Post: vorlon13
  Forum Migration Tiberius 54 8143 April 2, 2015 at 7:32 am
Last Post: SteelCurtain
  Announcement: Rules update Jackalope 1 1823 August 17, 2014 at 3:41 am
Last Post: Mystical