Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 4:57 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I cant do this anymore.
I cant do this anymore.
I can't explain it. Last night I had a really intense nightmare. It really scared the shit out of me. It was real I am telling you. I saw hell and I am so scared right now I am sweating even now. I know I cant explain it but I simply cant do this anymore. I can't lie to you guys, god is real and all of us have to face it right now before it is too late.
RE: I cant do this anymore.
Are you being serious? I'm asking honestly because I'm bad at this stuff, I need a sarcasm sign at all times.
Yes I found God. I cant explain it. I guess it is that TIME of the year for change.
Good for you! Tongue
"The fact that a believer is happier than a skeptic is no more to the point than the fact that a drunken man is happier than a sober one." - George Bernard Shaw
Nothing to add
'The more I learn about people the more I like my dog'- Mark Twain

'You can have all the faith you want in spirits, and the afterlife, and heaven and hell, but when it comes to this world, don't be an idiot. Cause you can tell me you put your faith in God to put you through the day, but when it comes time to cross the road, I know you look both ways.' - Dr House

“Young earth creationism is essentially the position that all of modern science, 90% of living scientists and 98% of living biologists, all major university biology departments, every major science journal, the American Academy of Sciences, and every major science organization in the world, are all wrong regarding the origins and development of life….but one particular tribe of uneducated, bronze aged, goat herders got it exactly right.” - Chuck Easttom

"If my good friend Doctor Gasparri speaks badly of my mother, he can expect to get punched.....You cannot provoke. You cannot insult the faith of others. You cannot make fun of the faith of others. There is a limit." - Pope Francis on freedom of speech
(April 1, 2015 at 8:33 am)Brian37 Wrote: I can't explain it. Last night I had a really intense nightmare. It really scared the shit out of me. It was real I am telling you. I saw hell and I am so scared right now I am sweating even now. I know I cant explain it but I simply cant do this anymore. I can't lie to you guys, god is real and all of us have to face it right now before it is too late.

Um, since you're apparently being serious... well... what kind of god is that, demanding mindless worship on pain of eternal torture? Doesn't sound like a guy I'd like to hang out with for eternity after I die. And besides, which one do you mean?

I felt like god was real many times, as a result of such coercive methods as threatening with hell. But really, if you take a good objective look at reality, it functions exactly as you would expect it to if there was no god. It's a man-made concept designed to control gullible people. Nothing more.

I found this to be really helpful when I was feeling scared. I don't know, Brian. It's a personal matter and I wouldn't want to intervene, I just see the similarities between your situation and what I was going through before and it's not a nice place to be in.

I still feel like this is unexpected to say the least. I didn't see it coming.
The problem with believing in the Christian God and hell is that they don't make sense.
It's obvious that the Jewish theology evolved from other religions in the Near East. Christianity also evolved from weird Jewish sects (gnostics, Essense, etc.). There is no sign of divine inspiration.
Also there are philosophical arguments against a caring God and other forms of God.

I used to have dreams where I felt very close to the uncertainties of death and I would wake up sweaty. Hope you feel better. Smile
You don't understand this is not the FIRST time someone has changed their minds.
No, and definitely not the last.
Nice joke, Brian.
[Image: Untitled2_zpswaosccbr.png]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I cant help but think expiration dates in Japan are a scam Macoleco 8 751 June 20, 2022 at 11:42 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Nobody wants to work anymore Foxaèr 92 6294 October 29, 2021 at 11:18 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  I can't keep this up anymore <3 PiousPaladin 67 6179 June 29, 2015 at 12:16 pm
Last Post: Napoléon
  SHIA LABEOUF IS NOT FAMOUS ANYMORE shep 25 4438 March 9, 2014 at 1:35 pm
Last Post: kılıç_mehmet
  Not coming out, but not hiding it anymore Fruity 36 11082 June 24, 2013 at 7:11 am
Last Post: Rahul
  Not ashamed anymore. Brian37 156 53037 February 25, 2013 at 4:59 am
Last Post: Violet
  I cant understand daredevils. Brian37 49 10259 October 11, 2012 at 6:41 pm
Last Post: jonb
  Sir Clive sinclair doesn't use computers anymore. leo-rcc 2 1496 March 2, 2010 at 1:53 pm
Last Post: leo-rcc