Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 8:54 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What are your thoughts on Intact dilation and extraction(aka Partial Birth Abortion)?
What are your thoughts on Intact dilation and extraction(aka Partial Birth Abortion)?
I am probably as pro choice as you can get, but I have no clue what to think about Partial birth abortion. Is PBA too far? Is it justifiable? What are your thoughts?

You can read about it here:
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intact_di...bortion.22
It's a bit graphic.
If pinkie pie isn't real, then how do you explain the existence of ponies, huh? If ponies are real, then that's proof that Pinkie Pie is real. Checkmate, christians!  Heart

-- Book of Pinkie Pie 7:3
RE: What are your thoughts on Intact dilation and extraction(aka Partial Birth Abortion)?
If a pregnancy has gone on long enough for the neo cortex and nervous system to develop, and the mother's health doesn't become an issue, you may as well carry it to term.
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

RE: What are your thoughts on Intact dilation and extraction(aka Partial Birth Abortion)?
I am uncomfortable with it but I don't think it is a common procedure either. People against legalized abortion like to focus on late term abortions as if every woman that gets an abortion is waiting until her third trimester
It's no skin off my nose.
Not a fan. Mostly that's because there are much easier, safer, and cleaner ways to go about getting an abortion, and you have a wide ass window of time in which to get those done. Most of the time there's simply no need to wait that long, and those circumstances in which there is a need... well, then it's probably going to be a medical necessity more than anything else.
"YOU take the hard look in the mirror. You are everything that is wrong with this world. The only thing important to you, is you." - ronedee

Want to see more of my writing? Check out my (safe for work!) site, Unprotected Sects!
It still ain't worth 5 shekels according to the Bible and won't be for months, so I am siding with the Christers on this one.  It might be better to do it with the bitter herb shit, but the result is still the same. Tut Tut

There, see?  We have some common ground here with the churchy folks we can build on.
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

Just make sure it doesn't suffer. From my brief reading there, it looks like it doesn't, at least in general, but just as much care should be taken to ensure the fetus doesn't suffer as to make sure the mother doesn't. Same with the extremely late term abortions (some of which I would call murder, though not of someone who probably fears death or enjoys life yet, which does make a difference in my opinion) in which what genuinely is an actual baby by that point, right up to 90 days in, is poisoned in the womb before being born. They'd better give it anaesthetic first or I call abuse. Bearing in mind they didn't stop doing every kind of major surgery on newborns without any anaesthetic, just a drug to paralyse them, until the late 80s, and most baby boys in North America are still tortured by circumcisions with no or inadequate pain relief both during and after the procedure, because of persisting but proven wrong beliefs that babies feel less pain than anyone else, I have doubts about how careful they are. But provided they're required to prevent it feeling anything, I think people who die before birth are the lucky ones, even when I'm in a good mood.
"Faith is a state of openness or trust. To have faith is like when you trust yourself to the water. You don't grab hold of the water when you swim, because if you do you will become stiff and tight in the water, and sink. You have to relax, and the attitude of faith is the very opposite of clinging, and holding on. In other words, a person who is fanatic in matters of religion, and clings to certain ideas about the nature of God and the universe becomes a person who has no faith at all. Instead they are holding tight. But the attitude of faith is to let go, and become open to truth, whatever it might turn out to be."

Alan Watts

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  More fun thoughts onlinebiker 40 3758 August 7, 2019 at 9:53 pm
Last Post: Alan V
  I'm against abortion until my mistress needs one Doubting Thomas 32 4786 October 8, 2017 at 3:19 am
Last Post: Ivan Denisovich
  What are your thoughts on this story? NuclearEnergy 6 1499 June 24, 2017 at 7:39 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  What's your thoughts on Trump? Zenith 239 29572 March 27, 2017 at 7:25 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  My thoughts on modern day intersectionalist feminism] Lebneni Murtad 14 3645 March 7, 2017 at 4:06 am
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Your thoughts on the protests Aroura 221 23256 November 14, 2016 at 12:41 pm
Last Post: Drich
  Hillary Clinton and the DNC, My Thoughts Mechaghostman2 1 753 July 31, 2016 at 11:22 am
Last Post: dyresand
  Donald Trump and the RNC, My Thoughts Mechaghostman2 45 5443 July 26, 2016 at 9:36 pm
Last Post: Mechaghostman2
  Disability and abortion BrokenQuill92 6 1573 December 8, 2015 at 3:54 pm
Last Post: c172
  What are your thoughts on Congress defunding Planned Parenthood GoHalos1993 51 8207 December 8, 2015 at 12:17 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus