Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 12:42 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Creationist finds fossils, still not convinced
Creationist finds fossils, still not convinced
Hardcore creationist finds 60-million-year-old fossils in backyard ... 'No, it hasn’t changed my mind about the Bible'

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2015/05/29/...eationist/

An ardent believer in creationism has dug up fish fossils that boffins say are 60 million years old. That's somewhat further back in time than the genesis of life described in the Good Book.
"No, it hasn’t changed my mind," Nernberg told the paper. "We all have the same evidence, and it's just a matter of how you interpret it." ®
The meek shall inherit the Earth, the rest of us will fly to the stars.

Never underestimate the power of very stupid people in large groups

Arguing with an engineer is like wrestling with a pig in mud ..... after a while you realise that the pig likes it!

RE: Creationist finds fossils, still not convinced
Quote:We all have the same evidence, and it's just a matter of how you interpret(*) it.

(*)completely fucking ignore it and everything that it implies in favor of your favorite bedtime story
Well yeah, of course the creationist didn't change his mind; when you adopt a position that requires you to ignore or dismiss an enormous body of facts and evidence to begin with, one more isn't going to help. Rolleyes
"YOU take the hard look in the mirror. You are everything that is wrong with this world. The only thing important to you, is you." - ronedee

Want to see more of my writing? Check out my (safe for work!) site, Unprotected Sects!
It really should not change his mind. There was already plenty of fossil evidence. Finding more at this point makes no difference.

"A wise man ... proportions his belief to the evidence."
— David Hume, An Enquiry Concerning Human Understanding, Section X, Part I.
A religionist remaining willfully blind to facts?

I'm shocked.

I wonder what unique "interpretations" he came up with Angel
Quote:To know yet to think that one does not know is best; Not to know yet to think that one knows will lead to difficulty.
- Lau Tzu

Join me on atheistforums Slack Cool Shades (pester tibs via pm if you need invite) Tongue

I'm sure the asshole thinks the devil put them there to trick him....cuz the devil has nothing better to do than trick idiots.
At least he did the right thing and alerted the right people to the discovery. Damned if I can figure out his thought process for doing so.
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Albert Einstein
(May 30, 2015 at 11:32 am)zebo-the-fat Wrote: "We all have the same evidence, and it's just a matter of how you interpret it." ®

Yet, if another flavor of christer tells him the earth is billions of years old and the Genesis story is allegorical, this ass-hat would likely shout him down for being a hell-bound apostate. Even though they all have the same buy-bull and it's just a matter of how they interpret it. [Image: free-rolleye-smileys-323.gif]
Thief and assassin for hire. Member in good standing of the Rogues Guild.
Rejection biological evolution ever after you've found a fossil is rather like rejecting gravity after the hammer falls on your foot.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Intelligent Design Is Pseudoscience: Creationist Lies About Evolution Debunked CodeDNA 7 1020 April 22, 2023 at 6:44 pm
Last Post: no one
  Transitional Forms/Fossils QuackeryDetection 15 1849 November 12, 2022 at 1:05 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  Who will be closest regarding what life James Webb finds. highdimensionman 35 3132 May 24, 2022 at 5:40 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
Video Rebuttal To Creationist Peanut Butter Argument QuackeryDetection 2 449 May 21, 2022 at 7:57 pm
Last Post: Paleophyte
  Good Questions To Ask A Creationist BrianSoddingBoru4 10 1599 April 23, 2019 at 10:05 pm
Last Post: vulcanlogician
  Modern medicine - still the third leading cause of death John V 108 9796 July 11, 2016 at 6:27 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  AF's very own list of Transitional Fossils Duke Guilmon 21 10716 December 3, 2014 at 3:28 pm
Last Post: LostLocke
  New creationist movie: Evolution's Achilles' Heels Dolorian 35 10700 August 28, 2014 at 9:05 pm
Last Post: Chad32
  Question about creationist argument TheDeafPianoTuner 17 3934 July 4, 2014 at 9:02 am
Last Post: TubbyTubby
  A Response to Creationist on: Sahelanthropus Tchadensis Duke Guilmon 1 1403 May 3, 2014 at 5:17 pm
Last Post: Lemonvariable72