Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 3:49 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Creationism lulz
Creationism lulz
So I was looking up pictures of cute platypuses(don't ask) when I stumbled upon this little gem....

http://www.creationscience.com/onlineboo...ces13.html

right on top of the page it says 'compelling evidence for creation and the flood' so naturally I felt inclined to check it out

Quote:If evolution happened, one would expect to see gradual transitions among many living things. For example, variations of dogs might blend in with variations of cats. In fact, some animals, such as the duckbill platypus, have organs totally unrelated to their alleged evolutionary ancestors. The platypus has fur, is warm-blooded, and suckles its young as do mammals. It lays leathery eggs, has a single ventral opening (for elimination, mating, and birth), and has claws and a shoulder girdle as most reptiles do. The platypus can detect electrical currents (AC and DC) as some fish can, and has a bill similar to that of a duck—a bird. It has webbed forefeet like those of an otter and a flat tail like that of a beaver. The male platypus can inject poisonous venom like a pit viper. Such “patchwork” animals and plants, called mosaics, have no logical place on the so-called “evolutionary tree.”

lol @ cats 'blending' with dogs aside, the part I underlined proves to be dreamt up horseshit by a 2 sec wikipedia search

Quote:In fact, modern monotremes are the survivors of an early branching of the mammal tree, and a later branching is thought to have led to the marsupial and placental groups.

[....]

The extinct monotremes Teinolophos and Steropodon were closely related to the modern platypus.[63] The fossilised Steropodon was discovered in New South Wales and is composed of an opalised lower jawbone with three molar teeth (whereas the adult contemporary platypus is toothless). The molar teeth were initially thought to be tribosphenic, which would have supported a variation of Gregory's theory, but later research has suggested, while they have three cusps, they evolved under a separate process.[67] The fossil is thought to be about 110 million years old, which means the platypus-like animal was alive during the Cretaceous period, making it the oldest mammal fossil found in Australia.

the terrifying thing is, it's an actual book written by a dude with a doctorate.... -_-
RE: Creationism lulz
Piled Higher and Deeper
You make people miserable and there's nothing they can do about it, just like god.
-- Homer Simpson

God has no place within these walls, just as facts have no place within organized religion.
-- Superintendent Chalmers

Science is like a blabbermouth who ruins a movie by telling you how it ends. There are some things we don't want to know. Important things.
-- Ned Flanders

Once something's been approved by the government, it's no longer immoral.
-- The Rev Lovejoy
I initially thought this was a Poe cos of the cats and dogs thing

platypuses are cute tho

[Image: baby-platypus.jpg]
(June 13, 2015 at 8:43 am)Neimenovic Wrote:
Quote:lol @ cats 'blending' with dogs aside, the part I underlined proves to be dreamt up horseshit by a 2 sec wikipedia search
I'm a little disappointed in you Bos.
After reading "that", you still had to do a quick search to know if it was real or not!  hehe
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
[Image: mc92ew.jpg]

(June 14, 2015 at 7:11 am)ignoramus Wrote: I'm a little disappointed in you Bos.
After reading "that", you still had to do a quick search to know if it was real or not!  hehe

Rule #1 of internet: google everything Tongue

I have that paranoid fear that religion could be true.....but then I read shit like this and feel better
The whole thing reads like a major non sequitur.

It would seem to me that the existence of the platypus stands as proof against the biblical idea that god decreed all things to reproduce "after its kind."
The god who allows children to be raped out of respect for the free will choice of the rapist, but punishes gay men for engaging in mutually consensual sex couldn't possibly be responsible for an intelligently designed universe.

I may defend your right to free speech, but i won't help you pass out flyers.

Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.
--Voltaire

Nietzsche isn't dead. How do I know he lives? He lives in my mind.
"Kind," the most efficiently shifting goalpost ever thought up.

A "kind" is exactly what you need it to be when you need it to be just that. So a platypus is a kind all it's own. But then tigers and lions are a kind, so you only needed two of those. Any two, didn't matter. They'll speciate (but not really!) in 4,000 years or so.
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
Damn creationists don't understand the science, willful ignorance. It's so frustrating they don't want to use reason and logic.
Quote:platypuses are cute tho

'Platypodes'.  (I realized that I haven't been pointlessly and annoyingly pedantic for quite some time.  Needed a fix.)

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is the Afro-Asiatic linguistics incompatible with Young-Earth Creationism? FlatAssembler 17 1372 July 13, 2023 at 5:45 pm
Last Post: FlatAssembler
  Creationism and Ignorance vulcanlogician 273 48063 May 23, 2018 at 3:03 am
Last Post: Amarok
  Creationism out in Youngstown brewer 17 2745 September 25, 2016 at 7:48 am
Last Post: c172
  My case against Creationism and Infinite regression ErGingerbreadMandude 60 10034 April 26, 2016 at 10:59 am
Last Post: Mister Agenda
  BBC's Conspiracy Road Trip: Creationism Cyberman 5 1503 March 12, 2016 at 8:45 am
Last Post: Fidel_Castronaut
  Fundie Creationism song 2016 drfuzzy 17 3634 January 29, 2016 at 8:50 am
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Jason Lisle: Creationism exists, but atheism doesn't Cyberman 51 11253 June 11, 2015 at 6:30 am
Last Post: Rhondazvous
  Billion + believe in Satan. Should all schools be mandated to teach Creationism? Greatest I am 20 5067 December 2, 2014 at 7:26 pm
Last Post: dyresand
  Evidence for Creationism Mudhammam 51 11452 June 18, 2014 at 6:56 am
Last Post: Esquilax
  Evolution Trumps Creationism Beta Ray Bill 273 97669 October 20, 2013 at 4:41 am
Last Post: Waratah