Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 10:19 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Political Correctness
Political Correctness
So political correctness is pretty common in day to day life. It is sometimes a good thing. However, It has become quite strict. For example you can't criticise a religion because it is politically incorrect, stuff like that. Now, do you think that political correctness has become too strict and is somewhat of an annoying thing?
Humanity's downfall is a trust in a God that isn't there.

The Acacia Strain-Our lady of perpetual sorrow
RE: Political Correctness
For the most part, I think PC is bullshit. Offense is taken, not given, IMO.
Nolite te bastardes carborundorum.
I think political correctness is pure bullshit. If you don't like the heat get out of the kitchen. If you do weird shit that's fine, but when it actually extends into affecting other folks expect to be called out on it.
Quote:political correctness

(also political correctitude)
Definition of political correctness in English:
noun
[MASS NOUN]
The avoidance of forms of expression or action that are perceived to excludemarginalize, or insultgroups of people who are socially disadvantaged or discriminated against:women like him for his civil rights stand and political correctness

http://www.oxforddictionaries.com/defini...ctCode=all

It is politically correct to not call black people "niggers" and all women "bitches."  Do any of you really object to that, or are you unclear on the meaning?

"A wise man ... proportions his belief to the evidence."
— David Hume, An Enquiry Concerning Human Understanding, Section X, Part I.
PC is dumbing down our society. Wait, want to change that to making us a more intellectually special society.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
(June 25, 2015 at 7:14 pm)Pyrrho Wrote:
Quote:political correctness

(also political correctitude)
Definition of political correctness in English:
noun
[MASS NOUN]
The avoidance of forms of expression or action that are perceived to excludemarginalize, or insultgroups of people who are socially disadvantaged or discriminated against:women like him for his civil rights stand and political correctness

http://www.oxforddictionaries.com/defini...ctCode=all

It is politically correct to not call black people "niggers" and all women "bitches."  Do any of you really object to that, or are you unclear on the meaning?

It's deemed politically incorrect to call Catholics child fuckers or Russian Orthodox Commies or Drunkards, but in the US and Europe they're generally not socially disadvantaged or marginalized.

It's also not politically incorrect in several parts of the US to call gays agents of satan, and they do suffer social stigma in many places. I don't think this definition really suits the PC problem most face.
I don't think the majority of Catholics are child fuckers as most in the world don't even go to church regularly and the expression "Orthodox commie" is self-explanatory in its contradiction.

I think PC goes both ways - It can be bad when it is used to sensor people or make opinions seem less valid because they're less popular or not nice, but it is also used by people to justify racism, sexism and all that shit.
Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you

Before Mitt was nominated last election cycle, Gov. Huckabee didn't have much trouble calling LDS a cult. After Mitt picked up the nod, SUDDENLY being an LDSer was OK to the governor.

PCism might be intermittent in it's inception and application . . .
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

I know they aren't Dystopia, but if I was to say it I'd probably get done for slander. Now if a Catholic called you a satanist thats cool since "Weligius Fwwwedduuuum" is PC.

I really was not calling the Catholics child fuckers...Hell, you see? I'm even having to cover my ass now just in case.
Quote: It has become quite strict. For example you can't criticise a religion because it is politically incorrect, stuff like that.

Fuck moses.  Fuck jesus.  Fuck allah.

See?  It can be done.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Different Economic and Political Systems Mechaghostman2 0 212 February 18, 2019 at 10:07 pm
Last Post: Mechaghostman2
  Do you have friends who don’t share your political views? Losty 13 1808 November 19, 2018 at 12:00 am
Last Post: GrandizerII
  Political Test account_inactive 179 14835 November 24, 2016 at 3:33 am
Last Post: ReptilianPeon
  political satire ignoramus 0 699 January 13, 2016 at 6:58 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  GOP Political suicide and you dyresand 14 2626 June 30, 2015 at 12:32 pm
Last Post: Mister Agenda
  Obese Epidemic: Political, Economic and Scientific Aractus 45 7124 May 3, 2014 at 4:21 am
Last Post: KichigaiNeko
  Political Correctness Run Amok Minimalist 18 20916 June 1, 2013 at 6:53 pm
Last Post: Violet
  Political Correctness Gone Mad? Kyuuketsuki 47 20176 August 30, 2009 at 9:33 am
Last Post: bozo