Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 3:38 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
christians this is why you guys fucking assholes...
christians this is why you guys fucking assholes...
Just this so called christian love for its fellow mankind....

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/godlessindi...classroom/
Atheism is a non-prophet organization join today. 

Code:
<iframe width="100%" height="450" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" src="https://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=https%3A//api.soundcloud.com/tracks/255506953&amp;auto_play=false&amp;hide_related=false&amp;show_comments=true&amp;show_user=true&amp;show_reposts=false&amp;visual=true"></iframe>
RE: christians this is why you guys fucking assholes...
Well, it should be surprising to no one that the Christian fantasy has no resemblance to actual reality. It should also be unsurprising that Chrisitians in the Bible Belt persecute an atheist teacher.

What really gets me is that they make bullshit movies about persecution in a country in which they are the majority. On top of that, they had to make God's Not Dead 2 with Clarissa Explains it All! My childhood is ruined again!
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
Fucking hell, I had to quit teaching in England because of the stress of dealing with shit head kids. I can't even imagine what it must be like to have this kind of crap to deal with too.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
Gghfddgdggdafjkkugddfghgfdsssssswhatacrazybitch -_-
From the article:

"Christian movies like this exist because real life doesn’t sufficiently validate people’s persecution complexes. Something more dramatic is needed to justify their fears. That’s where outfits like Pure Flix come in. They exist to feed Christian paranoia stemming from the belief that even though they make up the overwhelming majority of Americans (doubly so in Arkansas), somehow they are being mistreated by having to let other people occupy the same space."

I'd say that about nails it. It must be a hell of a thing to wish so much that one really was persecuted that one needs to experience it vicariously through bad cinema. It's sick and repulsive.
The notion of Christian persecution in the US is a joke. And a slap in the face to anyone in the world who actually suffers under religious or political oppression. It would be laughable if it weren't so very sad.

In case anybody missed it in my meme thread, I'm going to leave this here ^^

Absolutely insane.  Reminds me of the movies we watched as a kid in Church Camp.  Undecided
I reject your reality and substitute my own!
The saddest part may be that they weren't satisfied that he was a closeted atheist. They pulled him out just to shame him, and ruin his career. Seems like atheism needs don't ask, don't tell. Though perhaps even that wouldn't work. They had that in the army for gays, but gays fought to get rid of it.

No talking politics in history class? That's about as silly as not discussing religion in a philosophy class.

People in power hate giving up any power. Especially when they see that they're not gaining any power to make up for the loss. Christianity is dying in America. They know it, and they're scared.
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

(July 21, 2015 at 11:38 am)Thena323 Wrote: The notion of Christian persecution in the US is a joke. And a slap in the face to anyone in the world who actually suffers under religious or political oppression. It would be laughable if it weren't so very sad.

Exactly.  Given the very real persecution and danger that some Christians actually face in certain parts of the world, the U.S. Christians who indulge in this sort of thing should be ashamed of themselves.  But shamelessness in the service of their childish fantasies is their stock in trade.  They think they are embattled spiritual warriors and are too deluded to understand how pathetic they make themselves and their religion appear to those looking in from the outside.
It's one of many reasons.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Serious] For former Christians only, why did you leave your faith? Jehanne 159 13148 January 16, 2023 at 7:36 am
Last Post: h4ym4n
  Christians vs Christians (yec) Fake Messiah 52 7819 January 31, 2019 at 2:08 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Why are Christians so full of hate? I_am_not_mafia 183 17583 October 18, 2018 at 7:50 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Another reason why Christians go to church Alexmahone 40 4785 August 20, 2018 at 10:35 am
Last Post: Cod
  Christians: Can you see why atheists don't buy this stuff? vulcanlogician 49 3931 August 19, 2018 at 8:03 pm
Last Post: vulcanlogician
  Won't this upset the assholes? Minimalist 9 1140 July 22, 2018 at 1:17 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Christians: Why does the answer have to be god? IanHulett 67 15039 April 5, 2018 at 3:33 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Another Fucking Piece of Shit "Pastor" Minimalist 37 8935 September 29, 2017 at 3:47 pm
Last Post: Atheist73
  Pope Takes A Crack At Fucking Over The WLB Minimalist 29 4490 August 5, 2017 at 12:24 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Why do Christians want to go to Heaven? Fake Messiah 52 19126 June 28, 2017 at 9:29 am
Last Post: Astonished