Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 29, 2024, 10:14 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Am I Going To Hell?
Am I Going To Hell?
This is a sequel to my first thread Why Christianity? These two threads contain very simple questions for theists that deserve simple answers.

The questions I propose to you is:
  1. Am I going to hell? (based off of the sole fact that I am an atheist)
  2. Why?
  3. Do I deserve it as much as a rapist/ serial killer/ pedophile/ molester?
  4. Does a single unrepented/unforgiven sin = Eternal torture?
  5. Why do other people of your same faith disagree with your answers to those questions.
I want do not want a flood of atheists' comments creating a buffer between this post and theists' comments, so, if you are an atheist, can you please hold off until there is at least one other response? Thanks!
RE: Am I Going To Hell?
Well I hope so. There's no fun in heaven -_-
1) No, you will go to heaven and hell based on your actions and then become nothing, because you believe in nothing you will just be forgotten
2) Because you decided it
3) You will get rewarded/punished (lack of better words) based on all your actions.
4) Have you committed a transgression? Have you done good?  There is no eternal hell nor eternal heaven.    Based on your actions you will have to bare a time in hell and a time in heaven.  After this you still are not free, because the true goal is to be with God who is above all this duality, positive/negative, heaven/hell, etc., there is only tranquility.  In order to get there you need to move away from the duality of this realm (need to be more spiritually awakened) which will allow you to reach the same realm as God.  
5) I don't know.  I am answering based on my deeper search of my soul and thru spiritual teachers I meet and religious (spiritual) texts I read.  I guess most people who are in search for spiritual guidance don't find the right guide (religious leader, priest, etc) and/or don't want to read deeper into religious texts and/or don't want to put time behind it.  Just like any skill you want to master, you need to keep practicing until you master it.   It is a long and diffcult path that most people give up.
(August 1, 2015 at 2:58 am)Shuffle Wrote: This is a sequel to my first thread Why Christianity? These two threads contain very simple questions for theists that deserve simple answers.

The questions I propose to you is:
  1. Am I going to hell? (based off of the sole fact that I am an atheist)
  2. Why?
  3. Do I deserve it as much as a rapist/ serial killer/ pedophile/ molester?
  4. Does a single unrepented/unforgiven sin = Eternal torture?
  5. Why do other people of your same faith disagree with your answers to those questions.
I want do not want a flood of atheists' comments creating a buffer between this post and theists' comments, so, if you are an atheist, can you please hold off until there is at least one other response? Thanks!

1) If you remain an atheist, Yes.

2) Only those who freely chose Christ as their savior will enter into the Kingdom of God.

3) God says that all unforgiven sinners will be punished. All who reject Christ will enter the eternal punishment.

4) The simplest answer is yes, however if you do not accept Christ all your sins are unforgiven. There is a proper progression and Christ is the first step.

5) I believe some aren't sure, some accept what the pastor says, some give a milder version just in case they are mistaken about salvation, some see God as one who couldn't punish eternally, even though Matthew 25:46 says And these (unforgiven sinners) will go into eternal punishment, but the righteous into eternal life. These are the words of Jesus and the word eternal in this passage is the same in Greek, so both eternal's have the exact same meaning.

I hope you haven't but am suspicious of your intent. Please remember I gave you valid reasons for the differences in beliefs about hell.

GC
God loves those who believe and those who do not and the same goes for me, you have no choice in this matter. That puts the matter of total free will to rest.
Some things never change... Facepalm
1 Sometimes, other times not
2 Because of reasons
3 No/Yes/Kinda/Occasionally
4 Yes, except in certain circumstances, then no
5 *See answer 8 above

Hope that helps. Smile
Even now God is contemplating your rectum filled with molten boron and you WRITHING in AGONY for TRILLIONS of YEARS, and it PLEASES HIM !!!

Praise JESUS !!!
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

(August 1, 2015 at 11:07 am)LastPoet Wrote: Some things never change... Facepalm

Would it make you more comfortable if we lied ?

GC
God loves those who believe and those who do not and the same goes for me, you have no choice in this matter. That puts the matter of total free will to rest.
1.  No.  There is no hell.

That was invented by con-men to scare the piss out of shitheads like G-C.
(August 1, 2015 at 10:03 am)ktrap Wrote: 1) No, you will go to heaven and hell based on your actions and then become nothing, because you believe in nothing you will just be forgotten
So, if I am understanding you right, I will spend a finite amount of time in heaven or hell based on everything but my beliefs, but then I will become nothing. Hm.
That is scarily similar to what I believe in. I believe that I will spend a finite amount of time in heave or hell on earth based on everything including my beliefs, but then I will become nothing.

I take a huge grievance with the word forgotten. When will I be forgotten? What if I become famous? I also take grievance with the word nothing. Where does my energy or matter go? The law of conservation of matter and energy says that my body and whatever heat energy I was producing at the time has to go somewhere or change forms. My last few questions regard the phrase, "...you believe in nothing..." Don't tell me what I believe! You are not inside of my head. I believe that religious people are stupid. I believe in love. I believe that I hold no belief when it comes to a god. I believe in thousands of things! Just because I don't believe in your version of their version of that country's version of this continent's version of this planet's version of this god, does not mean I do not hold any beliefs.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  HELL or not HELL? Little Rik 91 11469 November 10, 2018 at 12:23 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  Do I believe Atheists are going to hell? Mystic 292 41501 February 3, 2018 at 1:09 am
Last Post: haig
  Going to be brutally honest [Religion Edition] dyresand 3 1409 August 25, 2016 at 5:25 am
Last Post: LastPoet
  I am actually going to create my own religion ComradeMeow 21 5254 July 15, 2015 at 3:08 pm
Last Post: BrokenQuill92
  Going Clear: Scientology and the Prison of Belief Mudhammam 66 8389 April 22, 2015 at 11:12 am
Last Post: Clueless Morgan
  Okay, You Were Born Gay...But You're Still Going To Hell! Nope 18 7600 December 15, 2014 at 4:31 pm
Last Post: rexbeccarox
Information FOR THE Atheist/Anti-Muslim/Non-Muslim, A Muslim ( Me) is going to answer you kahmed123 47 8402 October 8, 2014 at 8:37 am
Last Post: bladevalant546
  Why is this still going on!? CapnAwesome 19 3969 April 7, 2013 at 3:58 pm
Last Post: Mystic
  Going to church Nitsuj 69 13991 August 20, 2010 at 6:49 pm
Last Post: everythingafter
  Going to church can help you live longer? Nitsuj 12 4638 August 11, 2010 at 1:56 pm
Last Post: Nitsuj