Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 9:48 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Practical jokes
Practical jokes
I'll start off with an admission, I still have a childish sense of humour. So I don't expect everyone to appreciate the joy of pranks.

This thread is for people to post stories or videos of practical jokes they want to share.

This first prank is someone convincing their grandmother the world is ending by using a fake emergency broadcast simply downloaded from youtube. It seems very cruel when she actually falls for it though.

Here is the fake emergency broadcast itself. It looks like a BBC News program so will only work in the UK.

The fact that a believer is happier than a skeptic is no more to the point than that a drunken man is happier than a sober one. ~ George Bernard Shaw
RE: Practical jokes
I couldn't understand a word!
Nolite te bastardes carborundorum.
(August 2, 2015 at 1:39 pm)rexbeccarox Wrote: I couldn't understand a word!

They're Scottish
The fact that a believer is happier than a skeptic is no more to the point than that a drunken man is happier than a sober one. ~ George Bernard Shaw
Yeah funny but they didn't go berserk like "War of the Worlds" berserk.
teachings of the Bible are so muddled and self-contradictory that it was possible for Christians to happily burn heretics alive for five long centuries. It was even possible for the most venerated patriarchs of the Church, like St. Augustine and St. Thomas Aquinas, to conclude that heretics should be tortured (Augustine) or killed outright (Aquinas). Martin Luther and John Calvin advocated the wholesale murder of heretics, apostates, Jews, and witches. - Sam Harris, "Letter To A Christian Nation"
My pranks are more sophomoric.  Plastic wrap on the toilet, salt in a drink, glass of cold water in the shower......... Does not require a whole lot of thought or planning.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
a co worker from a job years ago once shrink wrapped my entire car... Not sure where she found the time to do that lol...
QuarkDriven  
   KCCO
North NJ l USA l Earth
Milky Way l The Universe
(August 3, 2015 at 9:54 am)QuarkDriven Wrote: a co worker from a job years ago once shrink wrapped my entire car... Not sure where she found the time to do that lol...
Office pranks are fun. Vaseline is a must have, drawer pulls, ear section of the phone, stapler. I also liked tape over the mouse infrared and switching the mouse from right to left hand. For those who have to look at the keyboard to type switch two keys covers next to each other.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
Those are good, but most people in my office wont know what to do if the mouse is switched from right to left or if the screen is inverted and they'll call IT which will result in them knowing someone did it and now it is interrupting productivity... lol what a shame... In this current job, someone completely swapped my desks around.. i have two desks making and "L" and everything was a mirror image when I walked in one morning.. all fully functional so no productivity lost, except when we had to put it back, but funny none the less

you mentioning vaseline made me think of hot dogs lol more specifically (and this is now more of a way to get back at somoene vs. a prank) putting a hot dog on someones car windshield in the winter and letting it freeze on there.. no windshield wiper is going to move that.. and if it snows, that wont be seen till its removed...

if you're wondering why the vaseline made me think of hot dogs, haha, i've always heard that vaseline on a windshield is ridiculously hard to get off.... thus my train of thought... vaseline, windshield, hot dog lol
QuarkDriven  
   KCCO
North NJ l USA l Earth
Milky Way l The Universe
Unanswered is whether or not hot dogs make you think of Vaseline . . .
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

(August 3, 2015 at 9:54 am)QuarkDriven Wrote: a co worker from a job years ago once shrink wrapped my entire car... Not sure where she found the time to do that lol...

How much plastic wrap would shrink wrapping a whole car take?? :p
Teenaged X-Files obsession + Bermuda Triangle episode + Self-led school research project = Atheist.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Jokes you've pulled on friends... Brian37 51 3054 February 29, 2020 at 8:14 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Dad jokes? BrokenQuill92 13 1163 December 22, 2019 at 11:20 pm
Last Post: BrokenQuill92
  Knock-knock jokes, atheist style. Reltzik 4 950 November 21, 2018 at 9:06 am
Last Post: polymath257
  Creationism Jokes ScienceAf 2 1419 August 19, 2016 at 10:27 pm
Last Post: Chad32
  Fart Jokes - Historically Minimalist 7 1879 September 20, 2015 at 4:18 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Anybody know of any jokes that mock God? IanHulett 15 5152 July 17, 2015 at 4:57 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Racist jokes (just for good humor) DIRTY_DEEDS_93 79 14817 April 22, 2015 at 10:17 pm
Last Post: Polaris
  Islamic Jokes Forsaken 32 12128 January 30, 2015 at 7:15 pm
Last Post: Cyberman
  Jokes Phatt Matt s 18 4356 March 25, 2014 at 6:37 pm
Last Post: Phatt Matt s
  Politically Incorrect Jokes AtheistCreed 67 26045 January 6, 2014 at 4:30 pm
Last Post: Cyberman