Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 29, 2024, 7:53 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Like wtf?!
Like wtf?!
So brain-dead people can donate organs, but brainless (is that a word?) people can't?! I don't think I get it, I mean it's just tissue. There's no brain, not a conscious person so I'm not quite sure what the problem is here?

http://legal-dictionary.thefreedictionar...nation+Law

What do you guys think about this?
RE: Like wtf?!
There are so few live births with anencephaly in any given year that it hardly matters.  We have bigger fish to fry.
I still think it would be useful for organ harvesting and cloning.
At the cost of who knows how many years of litigation?
(August 12, 2015 at 11:05 am)Minimalist Wrote: At the cost of who knows how many years of litigation?

You really think it would take so long? And don't you think the advancement would worth it?
These are state laws.  All it would take is one bunch of assholes - let's make up a name... the catholic fucking church... to start this 'sanctity of life' bullshit and then you'd have a battle in each state and if they lose eventually they would appeal to the federal courts on some pretext or other.  And then one, or all, of the 17 shitheads running for the GOP nomination would decide that he likes people without brains - they are potential republicunt voters.
or candidates . . .
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

(August 12, 2015 at 11:19 am)Minimalist Wrote: These are state laws.  All it would take is one bunch of assholes - let's make up a name... the catholic fucking church... to start this 'sanctity of life' bullshit and then you'd have a battle in each state and if they lose eventually they would appeal to the federal courts on some pretext or other.  And then one, or all, of the 17 shitheads running for the GOP nomination would decide that he likes people without brains - they are potential republicunt voters.

How on earth would they even try to defend this one? I mean you at least see some of the dummy logic on fetuses if you squint and stand on your head. But c'mon! The reason I thought it was a good idea was so wouldn't have to hear them whine about life! No brain, no consciousness, no life.
If you want to know, you can start with:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2722973/

Not only can one see that it has sometimes been done from the above link, one can see from others as well:

http://www.anencephalie-info.org/e/faq.php#18

If you want to find many more articles about this issue, you can search for "anencephalic organ donation" (without the quotation marks).

"A wise man ... proportions his belief to the evidence."
— David Hume, An Enquiry Concerning Human Understanding, Section X, Part I.
Quote:How on earth would they even try to defend this one? I mean you at least see some of the dummy logic on fetuses if you squint and stand on your head. But c'mon! The reason I thought it was a good idea was so wouldn't have to hear them whine about life! No brain, no consciousness, no life.

Does the name Terry Schiavo ring a bell?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terri_Schi...and_burial

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The GOP, wtf happened? A Godzilla fan 6 1128 July 21, 2019 at 2:48 pm
Last Post: Amarok
  Judge (kids for cash) WTF Manowar 11 2336 September 9, 2015 at 4:44 am
Last Post: TheRocketSurgeon
  WTF Florida? Minimalist 0 563 June 10, 2014 at 12:14 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Like Father Like Son...or, Minimalist 5 1033 March 13, 2014 at 1:25 pm
  Black people can't be racist WTF? là bạn điên 8 2546 January 20, 2014 at 6:42 pm
Last Post: Violet
  Russell Brand and another WTF OP/ED Brian37 45 12497 November 4, 2013 at 8:00 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  I could have put this in Humor but WTF Minimalist 12 1800 October 3, 2013 at 11:01 am
  Homeschooling wtf!? Something completely different 14 4066 October 12, 2012 at 8:44 pm
Last Post: jonb
  WTF is wrong with my state? Erinome 66 22955 March 21, 2012 at 9:51 pm
Last Post: reverendjeremiah
  Herman Cain, WTF? Erinome 19 6710 November 2, 2011 at 5:50 pm
Last Post: Doubting Thomas