Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 3:18 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Boehner to Quit
Boehner to Quit
Blames pope.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/09/25/politics/j...index.html

Quote:Boehner, who didn't speak to reporters on Friday, also told the lawmakers that Pope Francis' visit to Congress the day before was a crystallizing moment, according to the lawmaker. Boehner then read the prayer of St. Francis to the conference after announcing his decision.

Perhaps Frank told him to stop crying like a fucking old woman?
RE: Boehner to Quit
Apparently his “soft” stance on defunding Planned Parenthood cost him his job.

http://thehill.com/blogs/floor-action/se...parenthood

I’m no Boehner fan but this brought a tear to my eye.
"Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.” ~ Ambrose Bierce

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man's reasoning powers are not above the monkey's." - Mark Twain in Eruption
He wants to spend more time tanning.
According to news feeds, the pope said a lot that doesn't sit well with repubs. I don't agree with that guy on any spiritual or religious issue, but - as I always say - I can appreciate what he says on social and political issues. He's an influencal person with a large portion of people. And when this influence is in accordance with my values, more power to him. Boehner, as far as I know, is catholic. And if the pope's speech gave him pause in riding the repub train, all the better.
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]
I've always thought Boehner was a card or two short of a full deck.
(September 25, 2015 at 11:12 am)JesusHChrist Wrote: He wants to spend more time tanning.

At least now he'll have more time to pursue his real passion. He'll make a lovely saddle bag someday.
Tanning, drinking and crying - the Big Three.
(September 25, 2015 at 11:22 am)Minimalist Wrote: I've always thought Boehner was a card or two short of a full deck.

Hey, 50 cards puts him well ahead of most in his party, who might not be able to play euchre with number of cards they have.
How will we know, when the morning comes, we are still human? - 2D

Don't worry, my friend.  If this be the end, then so shall it be.
That kind of sucks, because the lunatic they replace him with will most likely be much worse.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
Probably something like this. And that's taking it kindly.

[Image: 286168160_lunatic_xlarge.jpeg]
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  “F*ck Chaffetz, f*ck Jordan,” Boehner said to Alberta. “They’re both a**holes.” Minimalist 3 549 October 29, 2017 at 9:01 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Ryan: No Better Than Boehner Minimalist 3 689 April 13, 2016 at 9:48 pm
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd
  Boehner Folds Like A Cheap Camera Minimalist 3 863 March 3, 2015 at 5:27 pm
Last Post: SteelCurtain
  Is John Boehner the dumbest fuck in Washington? Minimalist 4 1540 February 28, 2015 at 5:03 pm
Last Post: Vox Populi
  Boehner: House should sue Obama Foxaèr 13 2833 July 8, 2014 at 7:38 pm
Last Post: CristW
  Boehner rebukes Tea Party Doubting Thomas 11 1797 December 12, 2013 at 9:02 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Boehner: ‘A Lot’ Of Republicans Want To Force Default, Create ‘Enough Chaos’ To Pass Autumnlicious 36 9026 August 4, 2011 at 11:09 pm
Last Post: theVOID