Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 7:11 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trans-FUCKING-everything
Trans-FUCKING-everything
I'm so furious I can barely type this! Just how dare she! I hope she is UTTERLY SHUNNED by the blind community! She's just so awful! It's fucking Rachel Dolezal all over again! You stupid bitch! You have no right, none at all to just sit there and appropriate the experiences and culture (yes blind people have their own culture) of the visually impaired and blind! I just GRRR!!!! She should be in the loony bin chewing on sporks! I'm just so upset right now.

http://youtu.be/UZifvnLiqfI
RE: Trans-FUCKING-everything
dafuq?
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

Why would you want to shun her if she's mentally ill?
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
(October 3, 2015 at 1:30 am)vorlon13 Wrote: dafuq?

I'm so pissed at this moment I just can't even deal…
I saw the guy who froze his legs off on purpose so he could have a wheel chair do an interview.

I've been around many many people with all manners of problems (thank you 12 steppers and much else) and I still don't understand that.
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

Hahh... I was wondering when you'd hear about that, BrokenQuill.

(October 3, 2015 at 1:33 am)Faith No More Wrote: Why would you want to shun her if she's mentally ill?

Some people with disabilities find it very disrespectful and crass that someone else would passionately choose to have their disability.

Sure, I'm sure she's ill... but I can also understand why people who were born without sight (or who lost their sight to accident and disease)... could be angry.
Please give me a home where cloud buffalo roam
Where the dear and the strangers can play
Where sometimes is heard a discouraging word
But the skies are not stormy all day
That really crappy movie I have railed against from time to time (which fortunately virtually no else has seen) Nightfall, has a blinding scene in it.

It is apparently a VERY intense topic, there are extremely few movies that portray something like that, the reaction is universal and visceral, and takes most all putative viewers of the film right out it.

My AIDS buddy Dennis went blind from Kaposi's Sarcoma when his facial tumors grew large enough to obstruct his eyes.

This is getting to be a real tough topic . . .

If my grandmother were alive, she'd say "There is really somethin' wrong with her brain."
(October 3, 2015 at 1:33 am)Faith No More Wrote: Why would you want to shun her if she's mentally ill?

Do have any idea the mental and physical adjustments people like me go through? Learning to dress yourself? Learning to eat without making a total mess. The self-consciousness of going out for a walk. The sensory overload when suddenly you have to wait and listen for doorways? The overwhelming smells? The people who coddle you constantly? The loneliness because most people don't want to date a disabled woman? The -75% employment rate? Fighting tooth and nail to paid a proper wage? She's a total ass.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  TH FUCKING SNIFFLES! Rhizomorph13 4 448 March 9, 2020 at 8:17 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  I don't hate everything my species does. Brian37 17 2649 March 20, 2019 at 5:05 am
Last Post: Little lunch
  Why I'm so fucking angry GUBU 8 913 November 17, 2018 at 10:39 am
Last Post: Chad32
  I fucking quit... Jackalope 311 32939 October 8, 2018 at 11:52 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  I love this place, you fucking punks J a c k 22 1702 October 5, 2018 at 8:19 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Shut Everything Down - Barack Obama Just Won The Internet BrianSoddingBoru4 30 2703 August 5, 2018 at 1:26 am
Last Post: Ravenshire
  I Fucking Quit Too! Any one want to join me for weight loss? Whateverist 159 14741 February 28, 2017 at 1:45 pm
Last Post: Whateverist
  People who otta just shut the fuck up because EVERYTHING they say sets me off vorlon13 35 4944 January 7, 2017 at 10:34 am
Last Post: brewer
  Skype fucking around robvalue 0 668 December 5, 2016 at 4:41 am
Last Post: robvalue
  I was wrong about everything. Foxaèr 15 1881 April 2, 2016 at 4:38 am
Last Post: ignoramus