Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 1:53 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why I'm so fucking angry
Why I'm so fucking angry
Alfred Bester Wrote:you pigs, you. You rut like pigs, is all. You got the most in you, and you use the least. You hear me, you? Got a million in you and spend pennies. Got a genius in you and think crazies. Got a heart in you and feel empties. All a you. Every kind

This is a thread about myself about me as it is about anybody elee. Never forget that.

I look at the world. I see the shit, the evil, the unthiniking arrogane, the evil, the waste.

We could be so much bettet, so much wise, so much greater. We could create, we could innovate, but we don't. We destroy, we impede, we stop.

And the worst? When I look at humanity, I see myself.
Urbs Antiqua Fuit Studiisque Asperrima Belli

Home
RE: Why I'm so fucking angry
I take your meaning and I don’t disagree that we can and should do better.  But how often have you seen a news story about a missing child, and hundreds - sometimes thousands - of people put their own lives on hold to help in the search? Or ordinary citizens travel miles from their homes to help dig through rubble, looking for people they’ve never met?

There’s no sense denying that a lot of people are capable of maltreating each other, everything from callous indifference to deliberate cruelty. But if I didn’t believe, right down to my core, that we as a species are more good than we are evil, I couldn’t get out of bed in the morning. I’d probably blow my brains out.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
Humans can be awful. They can also be amazing, but overall we're very destructive to the planet we call home. One thing I sorely miss about Alaska was how little of an impact humans have had on it so far. I could drive out of town and actually not see any human structures. I would be surrounded by emerald mountains and rolling grey sea, the air would be clean, and it would be quiet. Having since moved down to the lower 48, I have to drive hours upon hours just to escape the grid. If I want to see swaths of green I need to drive half a day at least. How I wish modern society could find a way to coexist with the beautiful ecosystems around us, rather than destroying them and driving countless species to extinction. We act like we own everything and can do as we please. Most of all, I hate that I'm a contributor to the problem since I still try to survive in the society we've built.

We could do so much better.
Formerly Loom from TTA (rip)

~Ignorance is not to be ignored.~
Unfortunately, we have a propensity for cognitive dissonance to such a degree that we delude ourselves into thinking that everything is okay or will be better no matter how bad things become around us.
I agree. It's like nowadays we're working on lgbt stuff, and gay marriage, but with Trump in office we're reminded that we're still not past racism yet. We still have people saying an entire group of people should be rounded up and put on an island to be forgotten, just for being different. 2018, and we have white people calling the cops on blacks for doing normal things. shouldn't this issue have died decades ago, at the very least?

We make great advancements at the same time that we commit grievous atrocities.
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

(November 16, 2018 at 11:44 pm)Chad32 Wrote: I agree. It's like nowadays we're working on lgbt stuff, and gay marriage, but with Trump in office we're reminded that we're still not past racism yet. We still have people saying an entire group of people should be rounded up and put on an island to be forgotten, just for being different. 2018, and we have white people calling the cops on blacks for doing normal things. shouldn't this issue have died decades ago, at the very least?

We make great advancements at the same time that we commit grievous atrocities.

One day, I just hope one day we can somehow get along. We all bleed red. We all share the same sun. We all gaze at the same stars...well depending on the hemisphere but STILL. We're all human.
Formerly Loom from TTA (rip)

~Ignorance is not to be ignored.~
Quote:I could drive out of town and actually not see any human structures.

There are parts of California where you can do that right now.
"Misanthropy is often merely philanthropy that has been stifled... stifled because human beings can be real assholes."
--vulcanlogician
Sometimes it really feels like a generation has to die of old age before we start making progress again. Whenever kids these days are more progressive than their grandparents, the older generation asks where they failed so badly.
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  TH FUCKING SNIFFLES! Rhizomorph13 4 448 March 9, 2020 at 8:17 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  I fucking quit... Jackalope 311 32939 October 8, 2018 at 11:52 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  I love this place, you fucking punks J a c k 22 1702 October 5, 2018 at 8:19 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  I Fucking Quit Too! Any one want to join me for weight loss? Whateverist 159 14730 February 28, 2017 at 1:45 pm
Last Post: Whateverist
  Skype fucking around robvalue 0 668 December 5, 2016 at 4:41 am
Last Post: robvalue
  I fucking love this. (Whatever.) Whateverist 8 1461 December 12, 2015 at 5:15 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Giant Fucking Spider Video Edwardo Piet 28 4118 November 27, 2015 at 9:39 pm
Last Post: Joods
  Trans-FUCKING-everything BrokenQuill92 122 12517 October 5, 2015 at 2:31 pm
Last Post: Godscreated
  Fucking love you guys Iroscato 13 3054 August 16, 2015 at 2:32 pm
Last Post: Longhorn
  I Was Going To Put This In Fucking Cops but It Deserves Its Own Thread Minimalist 3 1472 August 14, 2015 at 6:28 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4