Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 7:58 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stupidly Hilarious Arguments
Stupidly Hilarious Arguments
Just for the fun of it, what are the greatest stupid arguments you have ever encountered? We have all met people (theists and atheists alike) that try to support their position by saying something that is utterly ridiculous to the point that it’s hilarious (besides the usual theist arguments).

I actually know a ‘Christian’ that said, “if we all evolved from monkeys, why are there still monkeys?”… which is why I said it as a joke in another thread.

I’ve actually heard a fellow atheist claim that if you dare god to either show some kind of sign that he exists or fuck off, and he doesn’t… it proves that he isn’t real.

I know there are a million of them. GO!
RE: Stupidly Hilarious Arguments
Maybe the fact that we did not evolve from monkeys but ARE monkeys relates to the existence of these arguments?

Also a popular argument for the existence(!) of god: "But it is so nice for people to have a god".

This proves yet another fact: A poll does not give true answers but shows what people would like to be true. That's something most people don't (want to) get, although it couldn't be more obvious.
One of my favourites is Ray Comfort's use of the banana as proof of ID. IE it fits so nicely into the human hand.

If he wasn't so stupid and repressed he might have said 'penis' for the same reason.That makes far more sense..Angel
Not to mention the fact that those particular bananas were cross bred to produce those traits.

I think the most hilarious is the regurgitated monkey question and "Well, this is just what I believe, you aren't going to change my mind with "facts" or "information"

:p
"In our youth, we lacked the maturity, the decency to create gods better than ourselves so that we might have something to aspire to. Instead we are left with a host of deities who were violent, narcissistic, vengeful bullies who reflected our own values. Our gods could have been anything we could imagine, and all we were capable of manifesting were gods who shared the worst of our natures."-Me

"Atheism leaves a man to sense, to philosophy, to natural piety, to laws, to reputation; all of which may be guides to an outward moral virtue, even if religion vanished; but religious superstition dismounts all these and erects an absolute monarchy in the minds of men." – Francis Bacon
A Christian friend of mine once said he liked the idea of secularism, but would prefer if it was Christian-based secularism. I face-palmed.
"Fuck the rest, this is tiring"
"There ought to be a term that would designate those who actually follow the teachings of Jesus, since the word 'Christian' has been largely divorced from those teachings, and so polluted by fundamentalists that it has come to connote their polar opposite: intolerance, vindictive hatred, and bigotry." -- Philip Stater, Huffington Post

always working on cleaning my windows- me regarding Johari
the greatest stupid argument i heard: It was about fossil, "so, if earth is 6 000 years old, why there are fossils ?" and the believer said: "god put these on earth to test out my faith!"

ahaha that's just awesome, hilarious, and a proof of totally blindness from believers Big Grin
"L'éternité, c'est maintenant"
Look how beautiful and perfect the world is, it must have a designer!

What a joke, lol. Tongue
(May 27, 2010 at 2:36 am)Too Dark Wrote: the greatest stupid argument i heard: It was about fossil, "so, if earth is 6 000 years old, why there are fossils ?" and the believer said: "god put these on earth to test out my faith!"

ahaha that's just awesome, hilarious, and a proof of totally blindness from believers Big Grin

I had a poster on another website once tell me about an experience he had as a child. He was seven or eight, and one day he was over at a friend's house when the father put a video on for them to watch. The video told how dinosaur bones are really only a few thousand years old. The video then went on to talk about a worldwide conspiracy among scientists who were burying these bones and then later digging them up and claiming that the bones are much older than they really are. The guy told me that he exclaimed, "That has got to be the STUIPIDEST thing I've ever heard!" The friend's father then picked up the phone and made a call. Fifteen minutes later dad shows up to take him home. The guy told me that he never again was invited over to that friend's house.
Science flies us to the moon and stars. Religion flies us into buildings.

God allowed 200,000 people to die in an earthquake. So what makes you think he cares about YOUR problems?
"God just is"

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Shoes are hilarious robvalue 34 2855 June 5, 2016 at 5:06 am
Last Post: robvalue
Rainbow How Do You Respond to Transphobic Arguments?/I'm back! Diamond 66 15556 March 28, 2014 at 10:12 am
Last Post: My imaginary friend is GOD
  most heated arguments / debates. paulpablo 11 4022 August 25, 2013 at 8:27 pm
Last Post: NoraBrimstone
  Politician's Hilarious Take Down Of Anti-Gay Arguments Gooders1002 1 1023 July 2, 2013 at 12:34 pm
Last Post: Something completely different
  Arguments for the prohibition of drugs Grockel 39 9817 March 5, 2013 at 2:51 am
Last Post: jstrodel
  Now heres a rather evil yet potentially hilarious idea... Reforged 34 12341 August 23, 2012 at 4:01 pm
Last Post: Faith No More
  *Hilarious* (yet kinda depressing) argument I just had... Mort42 9 2528 July 26, 2010 at 4:03 pm
Last Post: LastPoet