Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 11:29 pm

Poll: .
This poll is closed.
Yes it is a deal breaker
20.69%
6 20.69%
No it is not a deal breaker
58.62%
17 58.62%
other
20.69%
6 20.69%
Total 29 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Would you date a christian?
When looking to be in a relationship, is the other person being a practicing/faithful Christian an automatic deal breaker for you?
"Of course, everyone will claim they respect someone who tries to speak the truth, but in reality, this is a rare quality. Most respect those who speak truths they agree with, and their respect for the speaking only extends as far as their realm of personal agreement. It is less common, almost to the point of becoming a saintly virtue, that someone truly respects and loves the truth seeker, even when their conclusions differ wildly." 

-walsh
RE: Would you date a christian?
No, I've dated Christians, and my wife is a sort of cafeteria Christian (some of our members would no-true-Scotsman the shit out of her, but that's how she self-identifies). It's not a deal breaker for me, but I really don't think I could handle being in a relationship with someone for whom it's an all-consuming thing, either.

Think female Drich or GC. That would be a deal breaker.
It is not a deal breaker, but he would have to be as respectful of me as an atheist as I would be of him as a theist.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
My wife won't let me date anyone.
(November 30, 2015 at 5:40 pm)Catholic_Lady Wrote: When looking to be in a relationship, is the other person being a practicing/faithful Christian an automatic deal breaker for you?

I was married to one for decades, so no.

It would really depend on what kind of Christian they were, which is more about what kind of *person* they are.

FWIW, I'm happy my current partner is an atheist.
(November 30, 2015 at 5:40 pm)Catholic_Lady Wrote: When looking to be in a relationship, is the other person being a practicing/faithful Christian an automatic deal breaker for you?

If I was single I would date a Christian but only if she wasn't obnoxious about it.

I would not date a Muslim though. When I say Muslim I don't mean Arab. Most people confuse the two.
(November 30, 2015 at 5:47 pm)Minimalist Wrote: My wife won't let me date anyone.

Have you ever asked her?
I don't have to.
Yes I would Wink
We are not made happy by what we acquire but by what we appreciate.
Depends on the Christian.

If they kept it to themselves and weren't fanatical about it, yes.

If they were a conservative, fanatical type, no.

And never a Mormon or joho.
Dying to live, living to die.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Would you still cook if you diddn't have to? Angrboda 41 2173 October 30, 2023 at 3:40 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Where would you go if you could? Brian37 24 2028 August 18, 2021 at 6:56 am
Last Post: Gwaithmir
  this is it up date! Drich 2 506 June 3, 2020 at 4:34 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Who would you rely on to help you out? Cod 18 1329 January 8, 2019 at 6:36 am
Last Post: Little lunch
  What would you do if you woke up one day to find you were the last person alive? Edwardo Piet 64 16349 October 16, 2017 at 7:25 pm
Last Post: c172
  What would you do if you could remember every single moment in your life? c172 11 2465 October 13, 2017 at 5:46 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  What would you do if you found out I didn't exist? Edwardo Piet 4 806 October 7, 2017 at 8:13 am
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  I need some good first date questions Seraphina 86 10370 October 5, 2017 at 7:02 am
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Dating - Could you date a religious person? Regina 48 7651 November 8, 2016 at 4:15 pm
Last Post: Elskidor
Question Do you think someone would pay you for sex? Losty 184 14931 May 17, 2016 at 8:55 pm
Last Post: AkiraTheViking