Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 12:27 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Another noobie here :)
Another noobie here :)
Hello everyone!

My name is Shelly. I'm new to the forum, but I admit I've lurked for about a month before finally getting the courage to register. I was raised Christian but I let go of that in my early teens. I settled for agnosticism for many years but have just recently crossed that bridge into full atheism. It's been...a process, like puberty, in a way. I feel lost, and sad at times (most of my friends and family are Christians), so I felt drawn to find a community of like-minded people I can be a part of. Thanks to everyone in advance for welcoming me in. And apologies for spelling/grammar errors as I am typing from my iPhone, heh.
Nay_Sayer: “Nothing is impossible if you dream big enough, or in this case, nothing is impossible if you use a barrel of KY Jelly and a miniature horse.”

Wiser words were never spoken. 
RE: Another noobie here :)
(December 1, 2015 at 11:54 am)LadyForCamus Wrote: Hello everyone!

My name is Shelly.  I'm new to the forum, but I admit I've lurked for about a month before finally getting the courage to register.  I was raised Christian but I let go of that in my early teens.  I settled for agnosticism for many years but have just recently crossed that bridge into full atheism.  It's been...a process, like puberty, in a way.  I feel lost, and sad at times (most of my friends and family are Christians), so I felt drawn to find a community of like-minded people I can be a part of.  Thanks to everyone in advance for welcoming me in.  And apologies for spelling/grammar errors as I am typing from my iPhone, heh.

Welcome, Stranger.

See what I did there?  Wink
Welcome!

Other atheists are out there in your community to befriend. Sometimes we're just hard to identify.

Hopefully your family has not disowned you. My family and I just made an agreement that we wouldn't talk god/religion with each other and we got along fine.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
Hi Shelly, welcome to the community Smile

Well done for being brave enough to join us. I hope you enjoy the forum!
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
Greetings, newbie. Pull up a chair.

Open Season on Theists starts in.... oh, it never ended.  No bag limit, either.
Heyyyyyyyy
How will we know, when the morning comes, we are still human? - 2D

Don't worry, my friend.  If this be the end, then so shall it be.
It gets better, Shelly. Welcome to the forum.

Welcome, Shelly Smile
Nolite te bastardes carborundorum.
(December 1, 2015 at 12:01 pm)Crossless1 Wrote: Welcome, Stranger.

See what I did there?  Wink

Are you saying that she should avoid you like the plague? Wink
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

Glad you're with us, Shelly. As You may have seen during your lurking, we have some pretty amazing people here, and with a very few exceptions, the theists here are amusing as they show their true colors and the effects of religious indoctrination on the human brain.

Glad you're now participating in our little community. Smile
A Christian told me: if you were saved you cant lose your salvation. you're sealed with the Holy Ghost

I replied: Can I refuse? Because I find the entire concept of vicarious blood sacrifice atonement to be morally abhorrent, the concept of holding flawed creatures permanently accountable for social misbehaviors and thought crimes to be morally abhorrent, and the concept of calling something "free" when it comes with the strings of subjugation and obedience perhaps the most morally abhorrent of all... and that's without even going into the history of justifying genocide, slavery, rape, misogyny, religious intolerance, and suppression of free speech which has been attributed by your own scriptures to your deity. I want a refund. I would burn happily rather than serve the monster you profess to love.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Hi, I'm not new but here is another side to me. Whateverist 12 2280 May 2, 2017 at 11:49 pm
Last Post: Seraphina
  Hello I am new here. I am an ex christian and here are some of my beliefs p90powa 23 6685 June 2, 2013 at 10:31 pm
Last Post: Pandas United
  Just another (black) Atheist here Drkojiin 42 9963 June 4, 2012 at 7:08 am
Last Post: Brian37
  Another atheist here Werewolff 90 13799 March 11, 2012 at 6:33 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger