Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 1:25 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What is a poe ??
What is a poe ??
Sorry if that's a daft question, but I never came across that before Thinking
RE: What is a poe ??
A poe is a ghost in the Zelda universe. You can catch them in bottles and drink them for health.

The last name of a famous poet

Or this: http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Poe

Quote:A person who writes a parody of a Fundamentalist that is mistaken for the real thing. Due to Poe's Law, it is almost impossible to tell if a person is a Poe unless they admit to it.
"The Bible is true because it's the inerrant word of God! I know because the Bible says so! Glory!"

Is this guy serious? He's got to be a poe.

Rhizo
Here's a link
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.ph...oe%27s+Law

Here's what's relevant
Quote:"Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

They have POE religious websites and poe trolls. It typically refers here to people we can't believe are so extremist in their views we can't tell if they're joking (thus a fake fundie) and not serious (just your regular crazy).

grrr Rhizo you beat me to it :S
"There ought to be a term that would designate those who actually follow the teachings of Jesus, since the word 'Christian' has been largely divorced from those teachings, and so polluted by fundamentalists that it has come to connote their polar opposite: intolerance, vindictive hatred, and bigotry." -- Philip Stater, Huffington Post

always working on cleaning my windows- me regarding Johari
Thank you very much for the explanations. It makes sense now.
(June 23, 2010 at 4:01 pm)Intimae_Hasta Wrote: Thank you very much for the explanations. It makes sense now.

On YouTube, my brother and I set up a 'poe' account, entitled 'Godsmitesunbelievers'. Our sole video at the moment alleges to prove that Obama is the Antichrist. Alarmingly, the ridiculous evidence which we made up isn't that far from what nutters really say...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wqvVuiHW_ZA
'We must respect the other fellow's religion, but only in the sense and to the extent that we respect his theory that his wife is beautiful and his children smart.' H.L. Mencken

'False religion' is the ultimate tautology.

'It is just like man's vanity and impertinence to call an animal dumb because it is dumb to his dull perceptions.' Mark Twain

'I care not much for a man's religion whose dog and cat are not the better for it.' Abraham Lincoln
LOL Excellent! I shall distribute that most generously to see how long it takes before one of my fundie family members sends it to me.
I used to tell a lot of religious jokes. Not any more, I'm a registered sects offender.
---------------
...the least christian thing a person can do is to become a christian. ~Chuck
---------------
NO MA'AM
[Image: attemptingtogiveadamnc.gif]
(June 23, 2010 at 4:31 pm)The Omnissiunt One Wrote:
(June 23, 2010 at 4:01 pm)Intimae_Hasta Wrote: Thank you very much for the explanations. It makes sense now.

On YouTube, my brother and I set up a 'poe' account, entitled 'Godsmitesunbelievers'. Our sole video at the moment alleges to prove that Obama is the Antichrist. Alarmingly, the ridiculous evidence which we made up isn't that far from what nutters really say...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wqvVuiHW_ZA

LOL, nice music tho.....
[Image: mybannerglitter06eee094.gif]
If you're not supposed to ride faster than your guardian angel can fly then mine had better get a bloody SR-71.
The Omnissiunt One....Do you not realize how many fucking emails from family members I will receive now that you have put this out there......? Tongue

Links and wording will abide......

Thanks a lot T.O.O..... Cool Shades

Payback is a bitch if I see this in my email...... DevilDevil
Intelligence is the only true moral guide...

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What is a Poe? Rhondazvous 21 1386 January 3, 2017 at 11:18 pm
Last Post: Jackalope
  Celebration Of The Banned Useless Failed Poe Thread Edwardo Piet 2 720 October 4, 2015 at 10:33 am
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Poe, or no? Jackalope 10 1416 August 26, 2015 at 5:02 pm
Last Post: Exian
  What is a poe? beentheredonethat 13 2339 July 15, 2014 at 10:18 pm
Last Post: Polaris
  What is a Poe? vodkafan 18 2037 June 22, 2014 at 11:18 am
Last Post: vorlon13
  Poe? Dawud 13 3961 April 26, 2013 at 7:42 pm
Last Post: Tonus