Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 11:20 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Empathize With The User Above You.
Empathize With The User Above You.
In this thread, the idea is to try and put yourself in the shoes of the poster/user above you, to see it from their point of view, to empathize with them.

To try to. Try. Because yes, even if they're a complete trollish asshole about to be banned: while they're still posting, whoever they are - whether they're a nice lovely AF user or otherwise, the idea is to empathize with the user above you.

I have no one above myself to empathize with yet, so I guess I can't start this off.

But hopefully someone will respond and we can get this going Tongue
RE: Empathize With The User Above You.
There, there, I know having a cloaca is no fun, but maybe you can be reincarnated as a more advanced, non-turtley life form in the next universe ?
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

I totally get why you'd start a thread like this. It doesn't change the fact that some people aren't deserving of empathy Tongue
Nolite te bastardes carborundorum.
I can see where you're coming from. And I feel like that a lot too lately Becca.

@ Vorlon. I think you're confusing sympathy and empathy Tongue

ETA: Oh, and this is an exercise. To try. Regardless of the fact it may not be deserved for some users. It's the empathy thread hehe.
I know speaking in couched riddles is your way of compensating for diminished genitalia, but we all support your verve, and know you're trying to cope as well as circumstances allow.
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

(December 9, 2015 at 9:02 pm)Evie Wrote: I can see where you're coming from. And I feel like that a lot too lately Becca.

@ Vorlon. I think you're confusing sympathy and empathy Tongue

Nah, I'm just trying to be a butt.

Rolleyes

I understand that sometimes it's fun or therapeutic to try to be a butt Vorlon.
(December 9, 2015 at 9:02 pm)vorlon13 Wrote: I know speaking in couched riddles is your way of compensating for diminished genitalia, but we all support your verve, and know you're trying to cope as well as circumstances allow.

Is this your way of asking me for a dick pic to prove you wrong? Tongue

Not that I'd need to do that... but any excuse to provide one Tongue
I understand your willingness to post a dick pic, but showing off your body just because, can be a sign of trying to overcompensate for something. *hugs* know that I love you.
Disclaimer: I am only responsible for what I say, not what you choose to understand. 
(November 14, 2018 at 8:57 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Have a good day at work.  If we ever meet in a professional setting, let me answer your question now.  Yes, I DO want fries with that.
(Nah it's just me being an exhibitionist, like I said I have nothing to prove (but I could prove it)).

I know what it's like to feel concern for someone you care about, even if you only know them from a forum, as I do for you Cuddle Heart

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Ban the loser above you. Paul the Human 17313 1621987 April 22, 2022 at 10:40 am
Last Post: Brian37
  Name 3 things about the poster above ignoramus 67 4450 November 17, 2018 at 12:19 pm
Last Post: no one
  Say the nicest thing about the user above. Mystic 26 1843 October 7, 2018 at 6:24 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  [user split] Further Peanut Gallery Commentary on the Staff Log of Bannings and such. Angrboda 8 1438 September 29, 2018 at 8:31 am
Last Post: Angrboda
  Give the person above you a new username. Foxaèr 372 27296 June 22, 2018 at 2:22 am
Last Post: Godscreated
  Ban the person above you! Dr. Dank 57 5258 November 18, 2017 at 12:43 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  Rep The Poster Above You emjay 20 2535 October 17, 2017 at 4:29 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Above Poster is your new god, how do you praise them? TheMissingLink 24 6203 September 23, 2017 at 11:35 pm
Last Post: Astreja
  Anagrams of user names robvalue 72 7803 December 29, 2016 at 6:52 pm
Last Post: A Handmaid
  Most Underrated Turtle With A Slightly Above Average Sized Rooster Edwardo Piet 29 4524 April 12, 2016 at 8:52 am
Last Post: Edwardo Piet