Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 29, 2024, 5:22 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stupid Stupid Facebook
Thumbs Down 
Stupid Stupid Facebook
[Image: OyZeEE4.jpg?1]

I came across the following post on Facebook. 
 Apparently, a few of my fellow Americans think the answer to our gun trouble is to get EVERYONE not only handling and firing guns, but to also devote two years of their life to militarizing their thinking and become proficient at killing people they disagree with.  

I don't think I have the words to express my disgust with this notion.  Fucking idiots.

[Image: dipshit_zps35x5yp4o.jpg]

Please PLEASE tell me that no one here actually feels this is a viable idea.  Right??

And of course, feel free to vent here about the stupid bull shit you yourself find on Facebook.  
[Image: Evolution.png]

RE: Stupid Stupid Facebook
You know that it's better to consider somebodies idea then just dismiss it pejoratively right? I disagree totally with mandatory military service, but this does happen in first world countries. You going to tell the Swiss, Danish, or Finnish government that two years in the military is stupid bullshit and they are just a bunch of fucking idiots?

Maybe research, learn, think about it and then dismiss the idea.
[Image: dcep7c.jpg]
I think I'd rather shoot myself than go to war and shoot other people in a war I don't believe in fighting.
(December 9, 2015 at 10:52 pm)CapnAwesome Wrote: You know that it's better to consider somebodies idea then just dismiss it pejoratively right? I disagree totally with mandatory military service, but this does happen in first world countries. You going to tell the Swiss, Danish, or Finnish government that two years in the military is stupid bullshit and they are just a bunch of fucking idiots?

Why is it you think I didn't consider it?  I did.  And yes, I do think that the Swiss, the Danish and the Finnish governments' two year military requirement is bull shit.
And no, I never said everyone is a fucking idiot, just people who think that Americans should endorse this idea.

Meanwhile, if you really want to know what "fucking stupid" is, I'll tell you:  Admitting that you "totally disagree" with mandatory military service and yet still lecturing someone about their dismissal of military service in their own country is REALLY fucking stupid.
Maybe consider that I DID consider mandatory military service and that I had long since made a decision on it.  
I COMPLETELY stand by what I said in my OP.  Mandatory military service in the US is an idiotic fucking idea.

(December 9, 2015 at 10:43 pm)Cinjin Wrote:
[Image: OyZeEE4.jpg?1]

I came across the following post on Facebook. 
 Apparently, a few of my fellow Americans think the answer to our gun trouble is to get EVERYONE not only handling and firing guns, but to also devote two years of their life to militarizing their thinking and become proficient at killing people they disagree with.  

I don't think I have the words to express my disgust with this notion.  Fucking idiots.

[Image: dipshit_zps35x5yp4o.jpg]

Please PLEASE tell me that no one here actually feels this is a viable idea.  Right??

And of course, feel free to vent here about the stupid bull shit you yourself find on Facebook.  
It's come across my wall a few times.

I ignore all the yahoos screaming that it's a good idea.
Dying to live, living to die.
(December 9, 2015 at 10:52 pm)CapnAwesome Wrote: You know that it's better to consider somebodies idea then just dismiss it pejoratively right? I disagree totally with mandatory military service, but this does happen in first world countries. You going to tell the Swiss, Danish, or Finnish government that two years in the military is stupid bullshit and they are just a bunch of fucking idiots?

We can't afford it and the Pentagon doesn't want it.
It's also completely unfair to the professional soldiers who worked hard to get in.
Dying to live, living to die.
I'm not on Facebook. Have a sis who is, and I really don't share near as much with her anymore since she blabs EVERYTHING.

What's wrong with just looking at interracial sounding GIFs on Tumblr ??
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

I wasn't intending on making this thread about the US military, rather the stupid ideas found on facebook.  But since we're on it ...

The last thing we need in this country is to put more men and money into our already bloated military machine.
We all seem to have learned nothing about building mighty armies.  The armament for war inevitably leads to war.  
If people would refuse to join any army or aggressive force of any kind we would have no need for armies.  Absolutely, I'm against any kind of military service whether it be forced or volunteer.  I don't support our troops.  I don't support our government's decisions, and I think the USA is an international bully when it comes to its military.  

There, I said it.

(December 9, 2015 at 11:14 pm)Cinjin Wrote:

Why is it you think I didn't consider it?  I did.  And yes, I do think that the Swiss, the Danish and the Finnish governments' two year military requirement is bull shit.
And no, I never said everyone is a fucking idiot, just people who think that Americans should endorse this idea.

Meanwhile, if you really want to know what "fucking stupid" is, I'll tell you:  Admitting that you "totally disagree" with mandatory military service and yet still lecturing someone about their dismissal of military service in their own country is REALLY fucking stupid.
Maybe consider that I DID consider mandatory military service and that I had long since made a decision on it.  
I COMPLETELY stand by what I said in my OP.  Mandatory military service in the US is an idiotic fucking idea.

I can totally disagree with something and not think that everyone who holds a commonly held and much practiced belief is an idiot. I don't really now what to say if you think of that as really stupid. If you considered it maybe you would make an argument other than 'this is stupid and so is every fucking idiot who believes in it.' Capslocking stuff and yelling and insulting people while presenting nothing of substance doesn't give you much of a moral high ground.
[Image: dcep7c.jpg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  You Were Stupid. Will You Still Be Stupid in 2020? Minimalist 39 5159 May 15, 2018 at 7:59 pm
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd
  Your friends on Facebook who are avid Trump supporters. How do you deal with them? NuclearEnergy 2 1047 June 2, 2017 at 9:14 am
Last Post: Foxaèr
  Do you think Trump supporters are too stupid to realize they are stupid NuclearEnergy 28 6456 April 22, 2017 at 11:09 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Guns, and my most recent Facebook Post. Spooky 34 4843 December 6, 2015 at 2:25 am
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd
  Facebook pays NO income taxes Baalzebutt 15 5980 February 22, 2013 at 3:19 pm
Last Post: Mystical
  Facebook scans chats and posts for criminal activity Autumnlicious 0 822 July 13, 2012 at 7:12 pm
Last Post: Autumnlicious