Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 9:30 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My Rebuttal to Dawkins Argument
My Rebuttal to Dawkins Argument
Hello, 

Greetings to you brothers and sisters in humanity,

I would like to refute Richard Dawkins argument " If God created man, then who created God? "

The answer to this question is very simple, and I would like to discuss it in detail:

1. The Creator is called The Creator, so how can the Creator have a creator if he is The Creator?

2. The question can be turned around, which will allow me to ask: " If the universe created man, then who created the universe? "

3. Only do things in our galaxy and universe and space-time, require a creator. God is obviously out of space and time, and the galaxy and universe, in another dimension, in which we do not understand.

4. This is like saying that an explanation requires an explanation, which would lose you in an infinite regress, which is clearly contradictory to the bases and fundamentals of science.

5. Antony Flew in his book states:

Now, clearly theists and atheist can agree on one thing: if anything at all exists, there must be something preceding it that always existed. How did this eternally existing reality come to be? The answer is that it never came to be. It always existed. Take your pick: God or universe. Something always existed
RE: My Rebuttal to Dawkins Argument
Drop the proud part.

So everything has a cause EXCEPT the particular bullshit you want to believe.

Go blow allah out your ass.   And take the pedo-prophet with you.
Err... OK.

Well, the Creator's Creator is called the Creator's Creator, so he must have Created the Creator. So the Creator was created.

It's reasonable to assume something was always here, as per your last quote. Dismissing the universe as one of the possibilities is totally unfounded, but you appear to be doing just that via semantics.

Also, why should I care if there is a "god" or not?
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
As a muslim, I am not allowed to use profanity because Islam teaches me to respect people, regardless of their beliefs and views. Please, I would like it if you respect me as a human, and not use profanity. You are not a Muslim, and you do not have a degree on Islam, you speak on a few researches you have done through the internet. I advise you to talk to Muslim Scholars who have a masters in Islam. I advise you to watch Reza Aslan, Ahmed Deedat, Maajid Nawaz and etc.
If the Creator doesn't need a creator, then where does the creator reside, and who created the space/dimension in which they reside? If they created the space in which they reside, then where did they reside before they resided in that space, and who created that space? If they don't need to reside in any space, then why did they create something for which they would have no use for?
Well you should care about the subject if there is a creator, not because it can fulfill your spiritual needs, but because it can make you think on the systems God has created for us to understand the universe (Evolution, Big Bang, etc).

It makes you think of questions that are really hard to answer, which can increase your knowledge.

(December 23, 2015 at 2:00 pm)Cecelia Wrote: If the Creator doesn't need a creator, then where does the creator reside, and who created the space/dimension in which they reside?  If they created the space in which they reside, then where did they reside before they resided in that space, and who created that space?  If they don't need to reside in any space, then why did they create something for which they would have no use for?

You cannot say " space/dimension in which they reside ", because science is not advanced enough to make an assumption like that. Also Space has a lot of theories regarding it, and we don't know the type of space God is in (if it is space). It is too complex for science to understand at this point.
I already think about the systems and difficult questions. The assumption that they were created is irrelevant to their study.

The final barrier is solipsism, and I fear I will die before I solve it.

How exactly do you know things that are too advanced for science? Where are you getting your information?
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of my best videos
(December 23, 2015 at 2:04 pm)robvalue Wrote: I already think about the systems and difficult questions. The assumption that they were created is irrelevant to their study.

How exactly do you know things that are too advanced for science? Where are you getting your information?

There are questions that you haven't thought of, and they are much harder for scientists to answer. 

"How exactly do you know things that are too advanced for science?" Is that a serious question? If we cannot observe God, and he is outside space-time, then it is of course a topic which is too advanced for science.
(December 23, 2015 at 2:01 pm)Mohammed - Muslim and Proud Wrote: You cannot say " space/dimension in which they reside ", because science is not advanced enough to make an assumption like that. Also Space has a lot of theories regarding it, and we don't know the type of space God is in (if it is space). It is too complex for science to understand at this point.

Well obviously Odin did it.  I mean if your answers to all of lifes questions can be "God did it" then mine can equally be "Odin did it"
Yes, it's a serious question.

So you're just saying god must exist, and because we can't find any evidence of him, he must be outside the scope of science. How's that different from him not existing? What method are you using to tell the difference that gives you an advantage over science?

Start again without the assumption that god exists.

There are questions I haven't thought of? Of course there are! How does believing in god make any difference?

Index of my best videos

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Dawkins, Rowling, Sunak et al on Trans Issue and Women's Rights. Nishant Xavier 63 3266 July 15, 2023 at 12:50 am
Last Post: Paleophyte
  Dawkins loses humanist title Foxaèr 165 6512 June 6, 2021 at 1:45 am
Last Post: Peebothuhlu
  Richard Dawkins interviews Saudi Arabian atheist Rana Ahmad AniKoferBo 2 803 July 22, 2020 at 12:40 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Ricky Gervais won Dawkins award this year Fake Messiah 13 2285 September 6, 2019 at 8:25 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Dawkins writing kid's version of "The God Delusion" - you mad bro? Foxaèr 35 5696 August 2, 2018 at 9:08 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Geoff Robson has a hardon for Dawkins Foxaèr 7 1703 May 10, 2018 at 5:55 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  What are your thoughts on Richard Dawkins? NuclearEnergy 96 12974 December 6, 2017 at 3:06 am
Last Post: Bow Before Zeus
  Hitchens, Dawkins, Hawking, Ehrman, Coin, Sagan: Where are the Woman? Rhondazvous 44 4239 January 14, 2017 at 5:31 pm
Last Post: Mr Greene
  John Lennox and Richard Dawkins TheMonster 8 2244 October 14, 2016 at 5:51 pm
Last Post: TheMonster
  Love Letters to Richard Dawkins Czechlervitz30 6 2018 July 20, 2016 at 7:37 am
Last Post: The Viking