Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 29, 2024, 1:41 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Christian hypocricy?
Christian hypocricy?
Dearest friends,

I have noticed that a lot of Christians can be quite hypocritical.

We know for example that many Christians are outraged at Gay marriage, and indeed at many Christian schools/universities beloved teachers/professors can be fired just for being gay.

But why aren't Christians outraged about divorce? Why no "anti-divorce movement." Why is it that churches aren't calling for a ban on divorce (which bible calls for) and why don't divorced people ever provoke christian outrage?

Also, why aren't christians in love with contraception and demand it's distribution? If they are in such a tizzy about abortion shouldn't they be concerned that couples who engage in naughty tricks before marriage be incapable of producing kids?

The republicans Christians should love contraception since it would help keep the "surplus population" of the wellfare roles. Angel

Also, where does the Christian right get off on their shifted position on single/teenage motherhood? I seem to recall in the 80s- early 90s the average Christian position was that single mothers were shameless jezebels who are a symbol of this country's decay.

However, in more recent years when single motherhood became more acceptable ( and good little christian girls started getting pregnant Angel ) they seemed to shift, saying that single mothers ( especially white, rich ones) are "heroes" for  not getting an abortion. The christian compassion seems to end at poor minority single mothers, who they to this day castigate as bums Undecided .  They seem even outraged that there should be some sort of "wellfare" to support such women, which only allows for the bare minimum of food and elecricity anyhow Sad

I know your interractions with God believers are limited. But what causes this hypocricy and have any "good" ( as opposed to "true") Christians ever tried to justify this?
RE: Christian hypocricy?
Moderator Notice
Let's hear your opinions on the matter. This is a discussion forum. These shit and run threads will stop.
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
Ok.. My thoughts.

I believe Christians are hypocritacal sometimes same as other people are.

Like many, some of hte more "extremist" Christians are perfectly fine castigating and "judging" others as long as people they love or care about aren't harmed.

The minute friends or family misbehave or violate the bible ( see Jeb!'s trashy kids) they suddenly want a change.

Seriously. I believe 2/3s of the whole "castigating sinners" is just people demonizing and marginalizing people who are different or "alien" to them.
[Image: soft-Gravel-Road-in-Illinois.jpg]
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

What is it with you, True Christian? Are you a troll, a Poe, or just some asshole meandering through life without any conviction? I mean, really.....

[Image: 52745680.jpg]
He used to be undecided, but now he's not sure! ...boom boom..
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
this thread ducks bonkey dalls
[Image: latest?cb=20131018123821]
I think the OP deserves a serious response.

Too bad it won't come from me. I'm joining Evie's last post.
Are you starting to question your faith TC? If so, good. You need to have your eyes opened to the realities that faith in religion is pure bullshit.
Disclaimer: I am only responsible for what I say, not what you choose to understand. 
(November 14, 2018 at 8:57 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Have a good day at work.  If we ever meet in a professional setting, let me answer your question now.  Yes, I DO want fries with that.