Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 7:31 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lenten Resolutions?
Lenten Resolutions?
First of all, I hope you had a happy and joyous Mardi Gras! Let's hope you didn't have too many drinks or collect too many beads... if you know what Im saying Wink .

However, the fun and festivities of Mardis Gras shall soon be finished and the solemnity of Lent is close at hand.

Here is an illustration, to help you understand what lent is all about : http://www.ncregister.com/images/uploads...336416.jpg

It is where Jesus retreated to the desert to fast and commune closer to his father (who was also himself!)

During this lententide, we too are afforded the opprotunity to get close to the lord our God.

For this lent, I plan on giving up cookies, Ice cream, and using the internet recreationally. You may not see me on here for too much longer (except for Sundays. You can take those off Wink )

How do you all plan to spend your lent? Made any "lenten resolutions?"

Please let me know. Blessings!! Smile
RE: Lenten Resolutions?
(February 9, 2016 at 3:12 pm)TrueChristian Wrote: How do you all plan to spend your lent?

Wild debauchery.

Troll
Thief and assassin for hire. Member in good standing of the Rogues Guild.
I'll give up lent-ils.

I won't re-lent.

I'll steer clear of lent-ivirus
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
Why on earth would atheists participate in a theistic tradition?

I plan on engaging in debauchery. You want to deprive yourself, knock yourself out.
I vow not to click on any more True Christian threads. I'm terrible at keeping these resolutions.
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

Look I know its hard. But if we stay firm and trust in God, we can make this lent.. something wonderful to remember!

Please.. look in your hearts... know what you should give up... and give it up with courage!!!
I plan on giving up my tolerance of obnoxious, douchebag trolls.
Mr. Hanky loves you!
I'm giving up lent.
Dying to live, living to die.
(February 9, 2016 at 3:12 pm)TrueChristian Wrote: First of all, I hope you had a happy and joyous Mardi Gras! Let's hope you didn't have too many drinks or collect too many beads... if you know what Im saying Wink .

However, the fun and festivities of Mardis Gras shall soon be finished and the solemnity of Lent is close at hand.

Here is an illustration, to help you understand what lent is all about : http://www.ncregister.com/images/uploads...336416.jpg

It is where Jesus retreated to the desert to fast and commune closer to his father (who was also himself!)

During this lententide, we too are afforded the opprotunity to get close to the lord our God.

For this lent, I plan on giving up cookies, Ice cream, and using the internet recreationally. You may not see me on here for too much longer (except for Sundays. You can take those off Wink )

How do you all plan to spend your lent? Made any "lenten resolutions?"

Please let me know. Blessings!! Smile

Who do you think you are talking to?
If there is a god, I want to believe that there is a god.  If there is not a god, I want to believe that there is no god.
I'll do reach arounds for select Catholic mens throughout Lent.
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it.