Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 9:07 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Absence
Absence
Sorry I've been incommunicado for the last few weeks.  The last 4-5 months for my family has been traumatic.  A few weeks back I had to leave for a family emergency.  Received a call from my sister in Texas, that her son and husband died.  I'm not going to get in to all of the details of it but over last few weeks we've been moving her up to Michigan to live with us.  As you can imagine she is an absolute wreck.  It's taking a toll on all of us, but we will get through it together.  My time on here will be sporadic but I'm sure you all understand.  I know there have been people asking about me and concerned so I just wanted to take a moment to let you know that I personally am well just having to be a strong figure for a lot of hurt people right now.  Man of the house and man of the family is a difficult role folks.
We are not made happy by what we acquire but by what we appreciate.
RE: Absence
Oh gosh.

Many of us at AF have missed you KP but absolutely, your absence is perfectly understandable considering the situation you have just explained.

I hope the absolute best for your sister and everyone else affected. I think you're a very kind, compassionate and awesome person and it's so wonderful how strong you are being for those close to you and affected.

I hope for the best and it was very thoughtful and considerate of you to find the time to post here at all, considering the situation. Any sporadicness is perfectly understandable.

Best wishes to you, your sister, your family, your friends and anyone else affected.
(February 10, 2016 at 10:31 am)Evie Wrote: Oh gosh.

Many of us at AF have missed you KP but absolutely,  your absence is perfectly understandable considering the situation you have just explained.

I hope the absolute best for your sister and everyone else affected. I think you're a very kind, compassionate and awesome person and it's so wonderful how strong you are being for those close to you and affected.

I hope for the best and it was very thoughtful and considerate of you to find the time to post here at all, considering the situation. Any sporadicness is perfectly understandable.

Best wishes to you, your sister, your family, your friends and anyone else affected.

Thank you for those kind words Evie.  Being a leader is difficult.  Seeing my sister in pain is difficult.  The sacrifices my family needs to make are difficult.  Sometimes I need to just lock myself away for 15 minutes and break down, but I need to get right back out there and be the rock my family can lean on.
Wow... dude... you hang in there!
Family comes first.
AF comes.... fourth, or so... Wink

Best of luck with all your present endeavors.
And my condolences to your sister. Not fair! Sad
(February 10, 2016 at 10:21 am)Kingpin Wrote: Sorry I've been incommunicado for the last few weeks.  The last 4-5 months for my family has been traumatic.  A few weeks back I had to leave for a family emergency.  Received a call from my sister in Texas, that her son and husband died.  I'm not going to get in to all of the details of it but over last few weeks we've been moving her up to Michigan to live with us.  As you can imagine she is an absolute wreck.  It's taking a toll on all of us, but we will get through it together.  My time on here will be sporadic but I'm sure you all understand.  I know there have been people asking about me and concerned so I just wanted to take a moment to let you know that I personally am well just having to be a strong figure for a lot of hurt people right now.  Man of the house and man of the family is a difficult role folks.

A million hugs for your sisters loss. I cannot possibly imagine having to go through that.

You're a wonderful brother and one heck of man.
Disclaimer: I am only responsible for what I say, not what you choose to understand. 
(November 14, 2018 at 8:57 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Have a good day at work.  If we ever meet in a professional setting, let me answer your question now.  Yes, I DO want fries with that.
Wondered where you have gone.

Man, my best wishes are with you.
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]
Shit. I don't know what to say.

I'm so sorry for your family's loss KP. I really hope you and yours will be alright Sad
[Image: rySLj1k.png]

If you have any serious concerns, are being harassed, or just need someone to talk to, feel free to contact me via PM
My condolences to your sister. I hope you and your whole family get through this. It'll probably bring you even closer in the long run.
Wow KP - and you were going through a bit of a rough patch before this . . . I'm sorry.  I hope your family will cling to each other and the situation will improve.  
It's good to hear from you though - we have missed you!
"The family that prays together...is brainwashing their children."- Albert Einstein
Thanks all. Yeah these last few months have been some of the toughest. Step father's conviction, loss of my business and lawsuit causing sever financial burden and now this. As they say, "This too shall pass". one thing I know is I've endured far worse and come out better on the other side. That's the message I keep pressing to everyone. My sister is really struggling. Those boys were her world. She feels totally lost. She's confused, wounded and honestly wants to die. It's hard to watch and difficult to find the right things to say. It's going to be a long process.