Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 12:50 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My boring thread: An update on school
As most of you know by now, I've been in school since July, studying cosmetology. I am nearly halfway through it and in five weeks I go to the floor as a senior student. I will then spend 11 months on the floor gaining real life experience, working on guests that come in to our school's salon. My fiancee is my first client. I did that so I wouldn't be so nervous to work on people. I've talked to my stepson's mother and she has no problem with bringing the boys over to my school once I'm on the floor, to allow me to work on their hair. I am glad she and I get along for the sake of the kids. Co-parenting is so much easier this way. 

I have busted my ass to get to this point and I am excited (and scared) to finally be reaching the next part of my education. It has, so far, been a very eye opening experience. I am 44 and the oldest student in school right now. Most of the other students are in their 20's or early 30's and the differences between myself and them are huge. 

I graduate in about a year and I am looking forward to finding a job and getting back to work. I have not held down a job since 2004. It will be nice to feel like I am contributing to the household again. 2015 was by far a giant struggle for me and my family. But we made it through and are now in a better place. 

My academic average at this point is a healthy 98.25. Something I am very proud to say I worked hard at earning. I have passed my first four practicals with 100%, my fifth one at 90%. I have one more to take before moving on to the floor. It is in hair cutting. I wasn't happy with that 90% so I am really giving it my all this curriculum. 

I am now knowledgeable in perms and relaxers (hair texturizing), nail care, skin care, hair coloring and in braids, updos , weaves and wigs Big Grin 

I am one week into my final curriculum which is hair cutting. I've been looking forward to this one the most. Not sure if it's because it's the last curriculum before senior level or because cutting hair is fun. I'll just say I'm split on that.     

Anyway, I know this is a boring thread, but I felt like there was really no other place to say anything and I wasn't about to hijack someone else's thread.  

There's been a lot of personal stuff going on outside of schooling, but I have not let that deter my education or effect my grades in any way. Focusing on school has allowed me to get through most of the issues from 2015. I am determined to make this year much better.
Disclaimer: I am only responsible for what I say, not what you choose to understand. 
(November 14, 2018 at 8:57 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Have a good day at work.  If we ever meet in a professional setting, let me answer your question now.  Yes, I DO want fries with that.
RE: My boring thread: An update on school
I think this is all wonderful! It sounds like you're doing really well. I look forward to more updates, and I wish you every success Heart

I'd let you style my hair... what there is of it Tongue

My stupid brain can't help finding ridiculous images in everything people say!

Quote:I will then spend 11 months on the floor

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FdCy6MGOVfw
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
That's wonderful! I wish you all the success!! Do post pics of you artistry masterstry tho,yeah? Smile
Best of luck in the final phase of your training. I can understand why you would be nervous, but you've done so well in the prior segments, that's sure to translate into competence when you start working on real people.
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
It is boring, I agree. TL;DR.
That's wonderful news! Smile

(February 22, 2016 at 12:07 pm)Excited Penguin Wrote: It is boring, I agree. TL;DR.

You're a dick.
Well done, Judi. I also went to school later in life. It always seemed to me that we have an unfair advantage. For younger people there is so much that is new to them in this phase of their lives. For us, it is pretty cut and dry what we are there for. I was like you in my first semester at Cal I got all A's. I was so hard on myself. I insisted that all papers be done a week in advance where possible so that I could reread them myself after a few days and still have time to revise. After that I relaxed a little .. but only a little.

Also glad to hear you have a good relationship with your stepson's mom. It is really important for the kids.

And if you haven't already put EP on ignore, I suggest you do so.
You can do this, Judi! Woohoo!
Nolite te bastardes carborundorum.
How good are you at pubic weaves?
(February 22, 2016 at 10:37 am)robvalue Wrote: I think this is all wonderful! It sounds like you're doing really well. I look forward to more updates, and I wish you every success Heart

I'd let you style my hair... what there is of it Tongue

My stupid brain can't help finding ridiculous images in everything people say!

Quote:I will then spend 11 months on the floor

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FdCy6MGOVfw

Thank you Rob! I could always give you a relaxing facial Big Grin 
Men do get those as well as women and they are very beneficial to the skin. 

My fiancee (also named Rob) is coming in at the end of March to get an eyebrow waxing (he doesn't know that) and I'm giving him a manicure. My daughter is coming in the next night to get the ends of her hair done ombre style. I can't wait for that since I love hair coloring!
Disclaimer: I am only responsible for what I say, not what you choose to understand. 
(November 14, 2018 at 8:57 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Have a good day at work.  If we ever meet in a professional setting, let me answer your question now.  Yes, I DO want fries with that.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I went to the wrong kind of school. onlinebiker 5 447 April 20, 2022 at 3:26 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Maybe it is time for an update? Brian37 17 915 July 15, 2020 at 5:43 am
Last Post: Little lunch
  Any of you attend a Christian University/high school. What were your thoughts? Atomic Lava 19 2173 November 20, 2019 at 3:32 pm
Last Post: Atomic Lava
  Excell high school fake or not fake viocjit 13 1551 February 4, 2019 at 8:31 pm
Last Post: viocjit
  Link us to your intro thread, first post and/or first thread Whateverist 35 4176 October 21, 2018 at 8:14 pm
Last Post: Mystic
  Having such a hard time in High School right now Distheist 7 1148 March 24, 2018 at 1:54 am
Last Post: Foxaèr
  My Life Is Boring... ƵenKlassen 22 3679 November 30, 2017 at 9:53 am
Last Post: pocaracas
  [Update 2] of (So, I complimented this girl today...) Somecoolguy 10 2218 September 7, 2017 at 6:03 am
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  [Update 1] of (So, I complimented this girl today...) Somecoolguy 44 10653 September 3, 2017 at 9:04 am
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Medical update BrokenQuill92 102 7916 May 16, 2017 at 10:19 am
Last Post: BrokenQuill92