Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 3, 2024, 5:25 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Enough of this shit. Time for some activism
Enough of this shit. Time for some activism
N.B: this is a hoax. But what if someone were to post something like this?

Quote:I am sick of hearing how the bible is perfect, the bible says God is right and that must be true because God says the bible is right, blah, blah, yadda yadda.

Accordingly over the last week, I have upload a bible text containing between five and fifteen minor alterations to three separate download sites. I am not going to name these sites or the alterations I have made. The changes are unobtrusive - I haven't changed a commandment to "Thou shalt kill" or anything like that. Certain people may have begat different people than in other versions of the bible. Certain tribes might have twenty camels instead of a dozen. You get the picture.

Over the coming months, I will continue to upload different texts to other sites, each time using a text with between five and fifteen different, randomly chosen and unobtrusive alterations.

We'll see about perfect truth.
I must not be nasty. I must not be nasty. I must not be nasty. I must not be nasty. I must not be nasty. I must not be nasty. I must not be nasty. I must not be nasty.
RE: Enough of this shit. Time for some activism
That's pretty clever. 200 years from now he could spawn a whole new sect.
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
How do we know someone hasn't already done this?
They might have been doing it for years!
I must not be nasty. I must not be nasty. I must not be nasty. I must not be nasty. I must not be nasty. I must not be nasty. I must not be nasty. I must not be nasty.
Worked for the Mormons, and it didn't take 200 days, let alone 200 years.
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I own an XBOX and that's good enough for me. Angrboda 5 468 July 9, 2023 at 8:21 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  Well shit... Socratic Meth Head 22 3208 June 15, 2016 at 5:06 pm
Last Post: RozKek
  Is There an Atheist Groups Powerful Enough to Counter Fox and Protect Gay Rights Rhondazvous 6 1758 September 14, 2015 at 3:03 am
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  How many Atheist are also vote Republican from time to time? MattB 52 9798 July 18, 2015 at 12:43 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Can we have some more of this shit? Jackalope 22 3071 July 29, 2014 at 11:56 pm
Last Post: Zidneya
  Why I think theists who think atheists are going to hell are full of shit. Whateverist 11 3059 April 27, 2014 at 2:58 pm
Last Post: MJ the Skeptical
  Shit Atheist Say To Religious People Cholley71 7 4074 August 9, 2013 at 10:41 am
Last Post: Bad Writer
  Do you trust people enough to not have any religion? Voltair 33 10567 February 26, 2012 at 11:42 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Grassroots Activism AAAPrez 14 2973 October 25, 2011 at 10:24 am
Last Post: Jaysyn