Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 29, 2024, 8:21 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hi, nice to be here.
Hi, nice to be here.
I've always been sort of a non conventional thinker. I get easily bored by stuff that doesn't sound like it has any substance, or seems to assert it's own importance. I guess that's a blessing and a curse in a way, because I feel that being so easily bored with shit that sounds like bullshit, it's made me an extremely skeptical thinker. By consequence, I often suck at doing things which feel unnecessary like school or just cleaning up my own houses. I've had that in me since, idk, 2nd or 3rd grade, the feeling that each year is the same as the last, it often drives me in deeply aching rabbit holes of thought, which often leave me struggling to find the answers to anything and feeling like an utter moron. 

So I'd say I'm a bit of a complicated person, I was trying to find a way to describe my mind and I think I succeeded somewhat, in describing myself in neither a self deprecating or conceited way, but something that's just true. My innate "what the fuck is the point" sensibility hasn't made me much more interested in science and history than I'm sure many of the scientifically and historically inclined people on this website are,. but I do think that I am very engaged in science, history, and politics, and I have been trying to get into philosophy a lot more too. I dunno what I necessarily have to gain from philosophy, but it's something that I've been meaning to get into. I've downloaded a lot of philosophy books and I plan on trying to read some of them. I recently started to read the myth of Sisyphus by alber camus, about to the second page. 

And I'm not saying I'm into history as in like, I am a history buff or anything, but I used to love the history channel before the recession killed it, and the science channel, I still follow a lot of that stuff, but I mostly pay attention to the extremely painful political environment going on around me today. Scientific and logical things have always sort of comforted me in a way, which I guess is why I would be happy to be surrounded by a bunch of peers who probably feel somewhat the same, if you've all came to the same conclusion about religion. Anyways, I look forward to using this forum, if it's active and I actually decide to spend more than one day here. Why not, I may have something to gain.
RE: Hi, nice to be here.
Hello there.  Welcome aboard.
Welcome!

What makes them glow?
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
(April 3, 2016 at 3:32 pm)mh.brewer Wrote: Welcome!

What makes them glow?

Ah, nothing much. I was just using the imagery that came to my mind when I came up with the name. I was trying to think of something that sounded beautiful and angelic, but also sort of androgynous and gender neutral in nature. I think panties sort of represent that, because if it's in my name you may assume I like panties, or maybe I'm the one wearing them or on other guys. Phosphorescent is just a nod to a style of art I like, which seems to glow and is very colorful, which leaves the world around you emitting a sort of colorfulness after looking at it for a prolonged period of time. I have a blog where I collect artwork like this, but I won't link it because it has some very graphic sexual stuff. I find sexuality and art to be deeply intertwined, so I add that to my aesthetic a lot. I find the combination of art and sex can work synergistically when appreciating art. I'm demisexual though.
(April 3, 2016 at 3:37 pm)Phosphorescent Panties Wrote:
(April 3, 2016 at 3:32 pm)mh.brewer Wrote: Welcome!

What makes them glow?

Ah, nothing much. I was just using the imagery that came to my mind when I came up with the name. I was trying to think of something that sounded beautiful and angelic

panties. angelic. If you say so Tongue
Welcome!
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

(April 3, 2016 at 3:40 pm)Alex K Wrote:
(April 3, 2016 at 3:37 pm)Phosphorescent Panties Wrote: Ah, nothing much. I was just using the imagery that came to my mind when I came up with the name. I was trying to think of something that sounded beautiful and angelic

panties. angelic. If you say so Tongue
Welcome!

I settled for something a bit sillier, I admit! I wanted something more beautiful, but this silly name seemed pleasant enough.
Hey man, welcome.
Great name and intro. :-)
Losty used to make muffins for the newbies but then she got lazy.
(April 3, 2016 at 3:40 pm)Alex K Wrote: panties. angelic. If you say so Tongue
Welcome!
Charlie's angels, maybe?
The god who allows children to be raped out of respect for the free will choice of the rapist, but punishes gay men for engaging in mutually consensual sex couldn't possibly be responsible for an intelligently designed universe.

I may defend your right to free speech, but i won't help you pass out flyers.

Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.
--Voltaire

Nietzsche isn't dead. How do I know he lives? He lives in my mind.
Big hardy assed welcome to you!
The god who allows children to be raped out of respect for the free will choice of the rapist, but punishes gay men for engaging in mutually consensual sex couldn't possibly be responsible for an intelligently designed universe.

I may defend your right to free speech, but i won't help you pass out flyers.

Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.
--Voltaire

Nietzsche isn't dead. How do I know he lives? He lives in my mind.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Nice to be here! Istvan 7 740 March 19, 2022 at 3:03 pm
Last Post: Jehanne
  Nice to meet you. LuisDantas 28 2565 November 1, 2017 at 7:27 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Back as a friend, nice until picked on Godscreated 24 6486 June 26, 2017 at 6:14 pm
Last Post: Godscreated
  Hola, Nice to Meet You Seraphina 35 4537 May 23, 2016 at 10:58 pm
Last Post: Seraphina
  Hello All...nice to be here Kitty Galore 36 4075 December 10, 2014 at 1:17 am
Last Post: Jackalope
Big Grin Nice to meet chyas. Duke Guilmon 15 4479 May 4, 2014 at 10:36 pm
Last Post: Aractus
  Nice to Meet You Dunno 12 4440 September 25, 2013 at 4:25 pm
Last Post: Heir Apparent
  Hello Nice People Metaxu 26 5852 July 22, 2013 at 7:01 pm
Last Post: fr0d0
  Nice to finally have people to talk to about atheism wower032 19 4347 June 30, 2013 at 10:31 pm
Last Post: Aractus
  Hello I am new here. I am an ex christian and here are some of my beliefs p90powa 23 6689 June 2, 2013 at 10:31 pm
Last Post: Pandas United