Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 6:52 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Apparently Oklahoma Loves Being Sued
Apparently Oklahoma Loves Being Sued
and pissing away the taxpayer's money to do it.

http://www.rawstory.com/2016/05/oklahoma...rs-felons/

Quote:Oklahoma lawmakers just approved a shockingly ‘insane’ abortion ban that would make doctors felons

Quote:Oklahoma is facing a $1.3 billion budget shortfall, with state agencies like schools, mental health and human services taking a $235 million hit in spending cuts, KFOR reports.

That's one state Drumpf will carry for sure.  How did so many assholes get in one spot.
RE: Apparently Oklahoma Loves Being Sued
Getting sued, not having to pay for it, making voters angry (but, ironically not at them)... what's to lose?
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
And then they have an excuse to cut social programs even more in order to pay for the law suits.

Republicunt heaven.
It's a win all the way around for them. The only risk is that the voters realize what they're doing.

ROFLOL
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
I'm thinking about how many human brains had to atrophy in order for this shit to transpire, and I'm gobsmacked. What the fuck, Oklahoma?
(May 19, 2016 at 7:03 pm)Minimalist Wrote: and pissing away the taxpayer's money to do it.

http://www.rawstory.com/2016/05/oklahoma...rs-felons/

Quote:Oklahoma lawmakers just approved a shockingly ‘insane’ abortion ban that would make doctors felons

Quote:Oklahoma is facing a $1.3 billion budget shortfall, with state agencies like schools, mental health and human services taking a $235 million hit in spending cuts, KFOR reports.
There must be some sort of gravity well that attracts dummies to certain States.  Look at the South and the other Red States.  Dummies, dummies everywhere.  It can't be random.

That's one state Drumpf will carry for sure.  How did so many assholes get in one spot.
(May 19, 2016 at 7:47 pm)SteelCurtain Wrote: It's a win all the way around for them. The only risk is that the voters realize what they're doing.

ROFLOL

Not likely with those voters.
Hence the smiley.

(May 19, 2016 at 7:52 pm)Gemini Wrote: I'm thinking about how many human brains had to atrophy in order for this shit to transpire, and I'm gobsmacked. What the fuck, Oklahoma?

You've made the mistaken assumption that people there aren't just brainless pieces of shit.  There's a lot of those in this country.
I lived in Oklahoma City for a bit over a year, just out of college. It's where I got my first "real" job. That place scared the shit out of me. I took a shittier job with a shittier company just so I could have them pay for me to move to another city, after I literally got into a fistfight in traffic (having first jumped off my motorcycle as the guy got out of his car and charged at me) because I laughed out loud at a bumper sticker that said, "I believe in the Big Bang: God spoke and BANG!, it happened."

Seriously, that place is appallingly bad, in terms of rabid, terrifying levels of fundamentalism. And I'm from the Deep South! Downtown OKC literally lights up its skyscrapers at night with the office lights in the shape of crosses, which can be seen for miles as you approach that flat city on the interstates that cross there (I-40, I-44, and I-35).

[Image: IMG_0153.jpg]

My ex-GF and I used to have a game we played, while we lived there, when we went out to lunch. If we saw more than two Jesus fish or anti-science bumper stickers on the back of the cars in front of us at a stoplight, on the way to go eat, then she bought lunch. She agreed to the bet because she thought I was just making it up. Instead, she wound up buying lunch almost every time, and finally called off the bet.

And, of course, with their insane levels of religious fundamentalism comes extreme poverty, high teen pregnancy and STD rates, a corrupt criminal justice system, and overflowing prisons that are literally worse than those found in many third-world nations.
A Christian told me: if you were saved you cant lose your salvation. you're sealed with the Holy Ghost

I replied: Can I refuse? Because I find the entire concept of vicarious blood sacrifice atonement to be morally abhorrent, the concept of holding flawed creatures permanently accountable for social misbehaviors and thought crimes to be morally abhorrent, and the concept of calling something "free" when it comes with the strings of subjugation and obedience perhaps the most morally abhorrent of all... and that's without even going into the history of justifying genocide, slavery, rape, misogyny, religious intolerance, and suppression of free speech which has been attributed by your own scriptures to your deity. I want a refund. I would burn happily rather than serve the monster you profess to love.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Apparently 600 million people voted for Trump.. A Godzilla fan 6 939 October 5, 2019 at 11:53 am
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  It's funny how the right loves to dish it, but can't take it GODZILLA 3 494 October 22, 2018 at 11:17 am
Last Post: Minimalist
  So Apparently We Have An AG Who Doesn't Think Hawaii Is A State. Minimalist 39 8071 October 1, 2018 at 2:17 pm
Last Post: Losty
  Dubya Loves the WLB Minimalist 11 1610 September 30, 2017 at 11:18 pm
Last Post: LostLocke
  Paul Ryan Wants To Move Back To His Two True Loves. Minimalist 16 2962 July 30, 2017 at 9:54 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  President Trump being sued by MD, DC AG's. Joods 2 1212 June 12, 2017 at 1:09 pm
Last Post: Jackalope
  Notes from Oklahoma Brian37 3 739 November 10, 2016 at 6:42 pm
Last Post: Doubting Thomas
  Apparently Selling Crazy to the Already Insane is Easy Minimalist 12 2222 October 23, 2016 at 7:56 am
Last Post: A Theist
  Apparently I need to hope I don't ever get robbed according to gun nuts GoHalos1993 119 10768 June 15, 2016 at 6:05 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla
  This Must Be Shit On Oklahoma Day. Minimalist 1 501 May 20, 2016 at 12:43 am
Last Post: SteelCurtain