Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 4:23 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Notes from Oklahoma
Notes from Oklahoma
I have a very close friend who lives in Norman Oklahoma. He grew up in a deeply religious house, but managed not to have the same deep seeded hate of others growing up. He gave up his belief before I met him, and like me, although he grew up in the rural part of the country and I grew up in the suburbs of DC, neither of us understood or accepted the bigotry and xenophobia that surrounded us.

When I met him online in 02 he was more of an economic libertarian but had been a social liberal prior to meeting him. This election and our loss makes me reflect on lots of things he has said about his own left, that his is part of. Yes all states, even deeply red states have sane empathetic economically liberal "rednecks" like him. John is the kindest person I know with the thickest accent a redneck could have, and says "tators' instead of potatos. 

I know what he will say to me about OUR loss as liberals, he will tell me  when I talk to him where we failed, and the more I think about it the more I think he is right. WE WE WE allowed Trump to win by allowing the right to divide poor rural whites against poor urban blacks, whom both have the same economic problems. WE allowed them to divide the economic middle class as well. Where we failed as democrats, and ALL STATES have democrats, where we failed is we took for granted just like GORE in 2000, that all it would take are big cities and suburbs and soccer moms and students. 

WE HAVE to as democrats stop allowing the right to divide us and we have to have a 50 state strategy in EVERY COUNTY. No, I don't mean short term assumption that we can do that overnight, but we have to stop assuming that we cannot appeal to outside our assumed support. We lost because we assumed we had more of the rust belt than we actually did.

Blacks and whites of urban and rural areas are in the same boat, the middle class of our country is in the same boat. DEMOCRATS, let this be our last GORE, let this be our last Hillary, let this be our last fumble politically. NOW STARTS TODAY!
RE: Notes from Oklahoma
I'm right with that sentiment.

-however-

Has Debbie Wasserman Schultz been purged from the party ?

Donna Brazile ?

Leon Podesta ?

Huma Abedin ?

Brad Marshall ?

And, is there a 'Tiger Team' formed yet to clean up the filth ?
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

Not this shit again.

Infighting in primaries goes on in both parties, competition in both parties happens in primaries. You saw how Ted and Rubio and Kristy and Jeb and Trump attacked each other, are you going to get stupid and claim their surrogates didn't do the same?

BOTH CAMPS of Hillary AND Bernie had their busters.

BUT THAT IS NO FUCKING EXCUSE. Trump and the GOP outplayed us and we fumbled. You can fucking play the blame game but ultimately WE failed.

Participation but not just that, participation in the right places. That is what they got right and we didn't. It should not have mattered whom we nominated.

Now you can cry and bitch and moan and if you do that in 4 years Trump will have 8.
(November 10, 2016 at 10:00 am)Brian37 Wrote: John is the kindest person I know with the thickest accent a redneck could have, and says "tators' instead of potatos.

Christian apologetics is the art of rolling a dog turd in sugar and selling it as a donut.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Apparently Oklahoma Loves Being Sued Minimalist 14 2091 May 22, 2016 at 12:09 pm
Last Post: TheRocketSurgeon
  This Must Be Shit On Oklahoma Day. Minimalist 1 502 May 20, 2016 at 12:43 am
Last Post: SteelCurtain
  Fuck You, Oklahoma Minimalist 4 1614 May 21, 2014 at 6:07 pm
Last Post: Losty
  The Supreme CourtTells Oklahoma to Fuck Off Minimalist 41 7413 November 15, 2013 at 11:43 am
Last Post: Minimalist
  Oklahoma Sentences Teen to Attend Church festive1 21 8470 November 19, 2012 at 3:16 pm
Last Post: Faith No More
  Oklahoma law maker breaks the first amendment...... with spelling errors! TaraJo 16 18067 November 17, 2012 at 2:33 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  Oklahoma's "Every Sperm is Sacred" bill. Ziploc Surprise 10 3705 March 1, 2012 at 10:35 pm
Last Post: KichigaiNeko
  Oklahoma Personhood Act. passionatefool 3 1547 February 28, 2012 at 5:10 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Oklahoma's New Abortion Laws KawaiiKoneko 9 5002 April 28, 2010 at 1:15 pm
Last Post: KawaiiKoneko