Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 10:05 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Making the case for Islam.
Making the case for Islam.
Peace be upon you.

To know the true God to me is the primary purpose of life. To know it's true identity, it's light, it's greatness, is no doubt to me the purpose of my life here. That knowledge if it's genuine knowledge would imply action, as it's only through action one can increase in their knowledge of the cosmic balance and it's source in the universe.

I think knowledge of God can be divided into the following:

1. Mathematical knowledge of his Greatness (the Oneness of God is a mathematical principle).

2. Knowledge regarding qualities of God as in his qualitative attributes.

3. Knowledge regarding God's way and design out of a result of those qualities.

4. Knowledge of God's will as in his commands and suggestions for us humans.

These all seem linked, and it seems the mathematical knowledge and our sincerity to it, is contingent on our sincerity to the other three. That is the knowledge that we been bestowed about the mathematical principle, will become dull, if we are insincere to the other three. At the same time, if we are sincere to it, the other three will become manifest to. That is they co-exist with each other. 

The mathematical principle, is that there is an ultimate truth, reality, existence, that combines all possible life, existence. It so happens that this mathematical principle is mixed with acknowledging that it unites all praise, and greatness. That is it is utmost greatness and praise.

I am calling it mathematical in so far as it's a knowledge that relates with magnitude of it's existence and greatness. Here we know it's not only without limit, but is such that it unites all possible levels of existence, and beyond. Those words itself don't do it justice, but it's the knowledge that it is the highest and greatest, such that it's not possible to be greater or higher, and is such that it cannot be imagined or comprehended. 

And it's great such that all that can be imagined of greatness, it surely has it. And it's a mathematical principle in so far it's existence is not a divided essence. It's an essence that is a single unity without division, such that it's sheer perfection and sheer existence, without parts or components or multiplicity in it's being.

For if it had multiplicity, each of those attributes would them in themselves not be the ultimate reality and hence fall short of ultimate perfection. 

The only thing as far as we go to deny all gods besides the true God as far as mathematical principle goes, for finding the true religion, this is only going to be a primary ingredient.  But it does nothing to show aside from that what the true religion is if there is more then one religion with this principle emphasized nor is it sufficient in itself to point to there being a religion.

For that we have to look towards "God's Names" in so far as they relate to qualities. The question is how do we do this in non-circular way?

For example, stating he is compassionate and merciful because Quran says so, and that he sent the Quran because he is compassionate and merciful is circular reasoning.

The way to escape that is to look towards the signs of God within ourselves. That is the starting point. 

The praise belongs or is towards God. All praise is towards God. What we recognize of praise is somehow connected to his essence. Not only that, but we know it morphs into something higher, the higher praise is, the more it unites what is below it, and holds it a more great. 

We know even there exists some humans who can hold praise in a way that far exceeds and is far more exalted then the general masses.

We know praise morphs into something higher, and that is of stages. But what is below in praise must surely be found in what is higher in praise, but not the other way. That is there exists praise missing from us and God exists both in presence and in our absence.

That is the signs of God in us is such that he is present with us, but also beyond and far beyond us, he exists both in our presence and in our absense.

This complicates the issue somewhat in that, sometimes, we cannot recognize all of God's will and his way, simply by looking within ourselves. But at the same, time, we can recognize necessary qualities of God and know some of his way and his path, through looking at the praise with us.

And the praise with us is of two types. False and true. There exists a falsehood and a truth with us, a true praise which is our true existence, and a false praise and false identity, which is a falsehood and a darkness that has emerged in us from our own injustice. 

That further complicates things as well. As how do we come to recognize true praise from a false perception of praise? 

These questions are important. The true religion if it exists can come about to be known through reason. Reason is also what makes us know right when we know right from wrong, and wrong from when we know wrong from right.

It's the inner guide, while the true religion would seek to facilitate it, and bring about it from it's depth of it's ignorance to the height of it's comprehension and capability.

When I talk about reason this way, I do not mean we all require high IQs to come about this level. But I also do believe a type of intelligence is acquired through the true religion that cannot be acquired without it.

It's a wisdom, a understanding, a perception of higher truths.
RE: Making the case for Islam.
<yawn>  How many ways can you regurgitate the same old tired shit?
OK, thanks.

Have you run this by other islamists? Or are you creating a schism?
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
[Image: blah-blah1.jpg?w=300&h=220]

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
There is no such mathematical principle in there.... Math has nothing to do with gods, until you get to the need to something like the sum of 2 gods make 2 gods?
We recognize that it is good to help one another when we can and specially when it's not too much trouble.  This is a praise that is intuitive to people.  Helping one another is a corner stone of humans.  Our parents helped us by raising, feeding us, etc. 

We appreciate them, and rightly so.  

When we look at humanity though, we are ourselves in need of help as a whole. We are disunited and are not all guided upon one light, one way. We don't necessarily know the truth or if we do, we often incline against it due to the environment and other factors through our desires. 

As people follow false religions and are entrenched in ignorant undignified behaviour, will the Highest Being, watch, and not do anything to help guide us? 

Will he not extend a rope from him so that we unite upon it?

It seems unless there are better reasons not to help us, that he surely would.  Would he when humanity is inclining to falsehood and stories made up, not try to awaken us to our inward sacred knowledge and guide us upon a path that leads to enlightenment?

Also, the world is filled with leaders misguiding the masses, how are we suppose to distinguish the rightly guiding leaders from the misguiding leaders with proof and evidence from God? 

It seems everything that we know about praise, tells us, God would try to balance the equation somewhat. He would send a guidance so that we can follow those leaders who guide by God's command as opposed to following those leaders who call us to a falsehood and entrench us in darkness out of their desires and vanity.

The arguments against this that I've come up over the years seems to be only the following:

1) Perhaps God would rather us ponder and think for ourselves.

Refutation: A book that is designed by the Creator can make us even think MORE for ourselves then without that book, without spoon feeding too much, but at the same time, not leaving us without tools and help from him.  Why is that we all can help one another but God cannot help us. We can all read books of one another, but cannot read a book from God?

2) Perhaps religion would be such over time we would have no way to know it's originally revealed by God.

Refutation: God could of appointed a guide in each age manifestly with miracles, but obviously chooses not to do so. Yet a proof of religion is necessary if God would send religion. This suggests if there is good reasons for sending guidance, than that a book can be a miracle and be a way to know God revealed it. Otherwise it would be the case that we would have miracles with current guide today or there is no good reasons for God to send guidance or God doesn't exist. Since all these are not true, it follows God revealed a book that today is a standing proof.

We will go in details of this more later.
Quote:We will go in details of this more later.

Don't trouble yourself.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
Seriously, MK.

Until you can demonstrate that a fucking angel visited a sleeping pedophile in a cave and dictated a bunch of bullshit which allegedly came from god there is no point wondering about the rest of your gibberish.

That is the hurdle that you must get over before I will take you seriously.

(And before you get all butthurt about fucking islam remember that I give the xtians the same kind of shit about their asinine claims.)
(June 5, 2016 at 2:49 pm)MysticKnight Wrote:  

Are you here to learn or preach? 

Dog.
Religion is the top shelf of the supernatural supermarket ... Madog
Mystic, seriously, you are NOT making any argument based on objectivity. You are fishing for excuses to believe. Elaborate tripe is the same, regardless of the book being argued or the god being claimed.

The arguments for ALL religions is the same ultimately "I got it right"... Yea so what, every religion thinks they got it right. Christians and Muslims and Jews and Hindus and Buddhists ALL claim to have the correct religions and correct holy writings and correct heros. Get in line, take a number.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Liberal Movement in Islam or Western Islam, the fight against islamic extremism Ashendant 16 7860 December 20, 2019 at 1:59 pm
Last Post: Deesse23
  Hadiths sounds like each collection is making stuff up Krina 7 1946 November 20, 2018 at 12:06 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  Can Atheist be objectively moral in the case of a possible follower of an infallible? Mystic 58 14360 July 23, 2015 at 10:46 am
Last Post: TubbyTubby
  IS: "Islam was never a religion of peace. Islam is the religion of fighting" Napoléon 11 5471 May 15, 2015 at 12:57 pm
Last Post: Hatshepsut
  mirecal of making milk in cows king krish 39 5803 January 17, 2015 at 4:30 pm
Last Post: robvalue
  Anti-Islam Dutch politician converts to Islam Muslim Scholar 58 33845 May 16, 2013 at 5:48 pm
Last Post: Violet
  Fireman sam creator held for making racist remark. downbeatplumb 18 6522 February 28, 2012 at 9:17 pm
Last Post: Cyberman