Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 6:13 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[split] Tea Party & Racism
[split] Tea Party & Racism
(August 5, 2010 at 7:17 pm)Synackaon Wrote: I await for the inevitable counter movement towards a worse, unhealthy society.

I'm sure it'll come up during the mid-term election on a republican platform here in the US.

After all, these people are the ones who value our freedom and the constitution so much, they want to repeal the 14th amendment.
RE: Proposition 8 Ruled Unconstitutional by a Fed. Judge
Can we say 'Tea Party'?
(August 5, 2010 at 7:59 pm)Paul the Human Wrote: Can we say 'Tea Party'?

Last I talked to Adrian, he seemed to think the Tea Party isn't as corrupt as I see it...
I said that in terms of political views, I am on the same page as them. There are a lot of bogus accusations that the Tea Party are racist, when the truth is that their position of anti-government is seen as more of an anti-Obama, and that message is then used by racist people on their own.

"Think Progress" put out a famous video trying to claim that the Tea Party was racist. Not only did it contain apparent "racist" comments by a white man who was standing with his black wife and mixed race son, but it also contained footage of people who were either crashers (i.e. not representatives of the Tea Party) or events that took place years before the Tea Party even formed.

http://pajamasmedia.com/blog/stephen-gla...epage=true

Most of the Tea Party are libertarians anyway. Libertarians are for government non-intervention in marriage...
Quote:when the truth is that their position of anti-government is seen as more of an anti-Obama,

That would be so much more convincing if those racist shits (sorry, Adrian, you're a nice guy but a little naive about American politics) were denouncing Bush while he pissed all over the Bill of Rights. But they were Oh-so-quiet when the white guy did it.

I have Tea Baggers in my own family and they ARE racists.
(August 5, 2010 at 9:37 pm)Minimalist Wrote: I have Tea Baggers in my own family and they ARE racists.

But that doesn't mean EVERY Tea Bagger is racist.
Eeyore Wrote:Thanks for noticing.
(August 5, 2010 at 10:03 pm)chasm Wrote:
(August 5, 2010 at 9:37 pm)Minimalist Wrote: I have Tea Baggers in my own family and they ARE racists.

But that doesn't mean EVERY Tea Bagger is racist.

See earlier comment about them standing by silently while Bush pissed on the bill of rights. What oh what could the difference be?

Like chasm said, it doesn't mean they are all racists. I know tea partiers who aren't racist in the slightest. The reasons for founding the tea party was to oppose big government and higher taxes. They are anti-democrat and anti-republican; they would have formed regardless of whether McCain or Obama won the election. The only reason Sarah Palin joined their ranks is to try and support her position for 2012, but as you can tell from her political history, she isn't an anti-government person.
When Sarah "Batshit-Insane" Palin joins your party, I assure you it is more likely the party is corrupt in some way than her miraculously seeing the errors of her ways and fixing herself up.

I also assure you that if said party does not reject outright or accept only after a long period of time said batshit insane figure, then there is something to be said about it.

Judge the movement by the people it rallies around and the people it wants to vote in. That should scare you.
(August 6, 2010 at 4:29 am)Tiberius Wrote: they would have formed regardless of whether McCain or Obama won the election.

Bullshit. When you have tea party people demanding his birth certificate, you can be sure it's more than just a political movement based on fiscal ideologies and more about a black man in the White House.

I agree that not every tea party person is racist, but there are strong racist elements within the party, that if I agreed with their views, I would still distance myself as far away from them as possible. Luckily I don't naively believe deregulation and taking unemployment from people who desperately need it is how you fix an economy.
"The way to see by faith is to shut the eye of reason." Benjamin Franklin

::Blogs:: Boston Atheism Examiner - Boston Atheists Blog | :Tongueodcast:: Boston Atheists Report

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Black People - Stop Blaming Racism, Take Responsibility Napoléon 227 25949 March 18, 2022 at 4:21 am
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Republican Party Purge Foxaèr 11 751 April 15, 2021 at 11:27 am
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Republican Representative compares his party's fight to Imperial Japanese Soldiers Rev. Rye 2 283 November 24, 2020 at 10:12 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Does the positive side of tribalism/racism outshine the negative side? Greatest I am 58 2165 August 13, 2020 at 2:28 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  UK general election - right wing Conservative party wins large majority Duty 30 1515 December 16, 2019 at 6:12 am
Last Post: Duty
  Race baiting is economic racism Rickimoto 3 466 April 1, 2019 at 2:00 pm
Last Post: GUBU
  Race baiting, economic reasons. But why isnt it defined as racism? Rickimoto 4 531 April 1, 2019 at 12:20 pm
Last Post: brewer
  I've been thinking about racism, immigration, violence, murder and culture Shinri 6 722 October 12, 2018 at 12:15 pm
Last Post: LastPoet
  Penis Lives Matters. How to solve racism Kimmy 27 2598 August 24, 2018 at 3:33 am
Last Post: bennyboy
  The Iowa Republican Party platform. Jehanne 14 1444 August 20, 2018 at 9:18 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger