Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 29, 2024, 7:57 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gooday
Gooday
Hi,

My name's Declan, I'm a 20 year old Male from holland.
I was born and raised a Catholic but turned to Atheism around 15, I still realy enjoyed reading stuff like and about the bible Koran. When I was 18 years old I read the satanic bible and realised I was a Satanist. I love having discussions about religeon and it sometimes fasinates me how many people have been brainwashed in to believing in an allmighty god.
I can still mostly hold my cool and speak with respect although I dont have very much respect for any belief in any god(s).

Nice to find you people here,
byebye,
Declan
RE: Gooday
(August 7, 2010 at 8:17 am)Decsel Wrote: Hi,

My name's Declan, I'm a 20 year old Male from holland.
I was born and raised a Catholic but turned to Atheism around 15, I still realy enjoyed reading stuff like and about the bible Koran. When I was 18 years old I read the satanic bible and realised I was a Satanist. I love having discussions about religeon and it sometimes fasinates me how many people have been brainwashed in to believing in an allmighty god.
I can still mostly hold my cool and speak with respect although I dont have very much respect for any belief in any god(s).

Nice to find you people here,
byebye,
Declan

Hello there. Can you tell me what it means to be a satanist? I am not familiar with their beliefs.
Can't say that we get too many Satanists around these parts. Welcome.

Should be interesting.
Nothing is your own except the few cubic centimeters inside your skull. - George Orwell
Isn't Satanism like a rebellious sort of Humanism? Almost like Scientology but not believing you're a God so much.. instead, you're your own God. Satanism has no supernatural beliefs.. it's just a simple philosophy of believing in oneself.

The title makes it sound eeeeevvviilllll, eh?

Welcome to the forums!

It's okay if you have trouble respecting the beliefs of some theists here... just stick to the rules and you'll be fine Wink
"We need not a God; just another human being to give life a meaning. For people are truly all people have" author unknown

Welcome, Decsel. I was just browsing the "Official Church of Satan" website to try to get a feel for what Satanism actually is. All in all, based on very limited and superficial information, it seems to be a hedonistic philosophy that stands in direct (and literal) opposition to Christianity (or Catholicism specifically). What I couldn't quite figure out from the info on the site is whether or not they claim the actual existence of the beings known as 'God' and 'Satan'. It seems more like they believe that 'Satan' is simply a concept that embodies the preferred 'way of life', which is the exact opposite of that of Catholics. If that is the case, why bother putting the mythological 'Satan' into the mix at all?
Hi there...
Trudging through endless religion one step at a time.
I should think that 'Satanism' should be reserved as a label for those who actually believe in Satan (which is just as fucking stupid as believing in 'God') - otherwise it's kinda odd, silly and misleading as a label in my mind.

Welcome to the forums anyhow.
Ooooh, welcome. I never met a real satanist before (I know you guys don't believe in the devil, I've read your Bible. ^^)
Eeyore Wrote:Thanks for noticing.
Hi, welcome.
[Image: siggy2_by_Cego_Colher.jpg]
Hi, thanks for all the replies. For the questions on what satanism is, i think theyve been answered by some of the posts.
For the question:' why satanism?' Heres my answer.
If you ever do have the time or patience to have a browse through the satanic bible you either agree or disagree with it. What satanist mostly say is that you dont become a satanist. Your born one. If you read the satanic bible and you think, hey thats pretty much how ive always been. Then you could considder yourself a satanist. That is exactly what i did.
Now, being your own god, is a rather theatrical way of putting it. What it basicly means is that im saying:' you know what, Im only gonna live once so i should make my life the best I could posibly make it for myself! Its a form of controlled selfishness. Example: I love my girlfriend very much, seeing her happy makes me happy so I will be respectfull, loving, caring and all that other sentimental bs Tongue. Im also very respectfull towards other people as you should treat others as you want to be treated yourselff. But if that other person doesnt show me respect, i will be everything but a nice person to them.

Anyway im gonna stop now. If you want to know anything else about me or satanism just send me a message.

Cheers,
Declan