Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 4:28 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Not sure what religion this is.
Not sure what religion this is.
"We all enter into this world the same way we shall leave it; alone. Our only comfort, the only presence that remains constant is the love of our father in heaven."

It is from a show I am watching. A search of the quote above provides:

https://www.google.com/search?q=We+all+e...e&ie=UTF-8
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
RE: Not sure what religion this is.
Okay, so the scene that takes place was in Berlin, Germany.

Religion in Berlin – 2010
Non religious 60.0%
EKD Protestants 18.7%
Roman Catholics 9.1%
Muslims 8.1%
~ Erin Hunter
My main point about the quote is that we do not enter the world alone. We enter the world into the loving arms of our parents.
~ Erin Hunter
It sounds like a theft of the following quote:

"We're born alone, we live alone, we die alone. Only through our love and friendship can we create the illusion for the moment that we're not alone." ~ Orson Welles
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
Even that's an inaccurate description, though.

We are not born alone. If we were born alone, there would be no one there to pull us out of the womb, no one to take us home, no one to care for us.

We certainly do not live alone; society places too much emphasis on being with other people.

We do not die alone because our family is there for us in the end.
~ Erin Hunter
We are alone inside our own heads.
Only through love and friendship do we feel like somebody's in there with us and vice versa.
That's how I understand it.
(July 18, 2016 at 8:01 pm)Maelstrom Wrote: Even that's an inaccurate description, though.

We are not born alone.  If we were born alone, there would be no one there to pull us out of the womb, no one to take us home, no one to care for us.

We certainly do not live alone; society places too much emphasis on being with other people.

We do not die alone because our family is there for us in the end.

Not for everyone. Go to a hospice and you'll find those on there own.
Also you can be a crowded room and still be alone.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Right of freedom of religion should not be a human right Macoleco 19 1561 May 26, 2021 at 1:10 am
Last Post: Belacqua
  Religious culture is the problem, not religion. Since Atheist culture can be good or Snideon 17 1849 July 17, 2020 at 5:55 am
Last Post: Porcupine
  It's not religion..believe me. It's something else WinterHold 49 7014 November 15, 2018 at 2:09 pm
Last Post: downbeatplumb
  Religion and health - not exactly what we've been told.... Angrboda 4 733 July 22, 2018 at 10:18 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  "Jesus take the wheel, 'cause I sure ain't!" Gawdzilla Sama 19 2124 December 20, 2016 at 12:44 pm
Last Post: Asmodee
  I'm Sure Gibson Will Make A Fortune Minimalist 24 3181 June 19, 2016 at 10:54 am
Last Post: Cato
  Religion hurts homosexuality but homosexuality kills religion? RozKek 43 10732 March 30, 2016 at 2:46 am
Last Post: robvalue
  Terrorism has no religion but religion brings terrorism. Islam is NOT peaceful. bussta33 13 4907 January 16, 2016 at 8:25 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Religion's affect outside of religion Heat 67 19829 September 28, 2015 at 9:45 pm
Last Post: TheRocketSurgeon
  Religion may not be the enemy. The_greatest_river 58 12046 December 25, 2014 at 11:59 am
Last Post: Alex K