Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 3:51 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Atheist Debates Project - Matt Dillahunty
I know it's unbecoming of me to be googlie-eyed over "mainstream" atheists or elevate any one person to hero-status, but I really do enjoy just about everything Matt Dillahunty has to say.

For your entertainment: a short, informative bit on the contents of common ID arguments from Matt -

https://youtu.be/fsw8VXAcHz4
Nay_Sayer: “Nothing is impossible if you dream big enough, or in this case, nothing is impossible if you use a barrel of KY Jelly and a miniature horse.”

Wiser words were never spoken. 
RE: Atheist Debates Project - Matt Dillahunty
I adore the ground that Sam Harris walks on.
(September 5, 2016 at 1:11 pm)Excited Penguin Wrote: I adore the ground that Sam Harris walks on.

Nothing wrong with the ground, I guess.

As for Dillahunty, I used to watch his vids and tv shows for a while. Especially for the occasional two legged stupidness phoning in. But that got old after a while too. And that's my general problem with all these people. They don't tell me anything new.
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]
Abaris thinks he's too good to admire any public figures.

All the same I'll bet you a million bucks he salivates after Chomsky's every word.
(September 5, 2016 at 1:33 pm)abaris Wrote:
(September 5, 2016 at 1:11 pm)Excited Penguin Wrote: I adore the ground that Sam Harris walks on.

Nothing wrong with the ground, I guess.

As for Dillahunty, I used to watch his vids and tv shows for a while. Especially for the occasional two legged stupidness phoning in. But that got old after a while too. And that's my general problem with all these people. They don't tell me anything new.

Yeah, I understand. I'm a "newish" atheist so I'm still behind on the learning curve compared to the rest of you smart and seasoned folk. [emoji846]

But perhaps we have some "brand new" atheists lurking around here who might find these types of videos as useful and meaningful as I do; ya know...until we're caught up. [emoji13]
Nay_Sayer: “Nothing is impossible if you dream big enough, or in this case, nothing is impossible if you use a barrel of KY Jelly and a miniature horse.”

(September 5, 2016 at 1:37 pm)Excited Penguin Wrote: Abaris thinks he's too good to admire any public figures.

You know, if you feel that way, let's just put it down to your usual defensive nature. As for admiring public figures, I take the liberty of not admiring most of them, if that's OK with you. I continue to do so even if it's not OK with you, but that's a different matter entirely.
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]
Smart and seasoned. Lmfao.
(September 5, 2016 at 1:37 pm)Excited Penguin Wrote: Abaris thinks he's too good to admire any public figures.

All the same I'll bet you a million bucks he salivates after Chomsky's every word.

Why, EP? WHY?! [emoji34]

(September 5, 2016 at 1:42 pm)LadyForCamus Wrote:
(September 5, 2016 at 1:37 pm)Excited Penguin Wrote: Abaris thinks he's too good to admire any public figures.

Why, EP?   WHY?!  [emoji34]

Sweetie, this is an old debate between me and abaris. And he's on the wrong side of it, I can guarantee you. You'll see it soon enough when he starts with his ad homs.
(September 5, 2016 at 1:43 pm)Excited Penguin Wrote:
(September 5, 2016 at 1:42 pm)LadyForCamus Wrote: Why, EP?   WHY?!  [emoji34]

Sweetie, this is an old debate between me and abaris. And he's on the wrong side of it, I can guarantee you. You'll see it soon enough when he starts with his ad homs.

Why do you consider this a 'right' or 'wrong' type of discussion in the first place? Can't people ever just talk to each other about differing thoughts, feelings and experiences without it turning into some kind of stupid battle?

GOD, I'm already sorry I posted this. And, please don't "Sweetie" me; I'm an adult, and I think maybe almost twice your age. Kthanks.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Dr. Bill Craig's Debates: Why do Atheists lose/run away from debating him? Nishant Xavier 123 7052 August 6, 2023 at 4:22 pm
Last Post: LinuxGal
  Looking for comments / ideas for WIP project ABCs of Atheism Judashpeters 18 4555 April 9, 2018 at 2:22 pm
Last Post: Judashpeters
  Need a project Sayetsu 12 1680 March 15, 2018 at 2:04 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  The Atheist Experience talk show by Matt Dillahunty and others Alexmahone 12 2692 December 6, 2017 at 9:30 pm
Last Post: Simon Moon
  Matt Dilahunty On What Would Change His Mind About God Edwardo Piet 14 5106 January 29, 2017 at 1:12 pm
Last Post: Cyberman
  Aren't Science vs. Creation Debates......rather pointless? maestroanth 30 5601 March 29, 2016 at 9:20 am
Last Post: Whateverist
  Naturalism explained by Matt Dillahunty mralstoner 0 956 January 10, 2016 at 4:32 am
Last Post: mralstoner
  Matt Dillahunty's great argument against some people who deny Evolution Heat 1 2275 November 11, 2015 at 4:12 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  Good atheist videos, debates, or documentaries? BitchinHitchins 5 2773 August 1, 2015 at 5:04 pm
Last Post: BitchinHitchins
  The Clergy Project Exian 10 2609 September 16, 2014 at 10:07 am
Last Post: Exian