Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 7:23 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gender Roles
Gender Roles
I think men and women are the same.  I think it just depends on the person.

People say men and women are different purely to justify promiscuity and cheating in men. 

Evolutionary psychology says that men evolved to seek a variety of fertile, young, attractive women for sex.  Fine.

Then women evolved to seek one wealthy, older, protective alpha male!!

But now if a woman seeks that out, she's accused of being a "gold digger" or a "sugar baby."

Women have been shamed out of their natural role.

At best, they have to use tame words like "secure," "financially stable," or even just "ambitious."  At worst, they can't be remotely shallow or logistical and have to just love the person on the inside.

Meanwhile men can still use loaded words like "beautiful" or "gorgeous."  They can be complete dogs (not saying all men are, just that they're allowed to be).  They can say "no fatties" but you can't say "no losers" otherwise, people will say "who are you to call anyone a loser?"

So we should rise above evolution then and just split everything down the middle.  50-50.  Both be breadwinners.  Women learn to protect themselves.  And let women have a variety of sexual partners and still be marriage material.
RE: Gender Roles
Is that not what has been happening over the past few decades?
[Image: nL4L1haz_Qo04rZMFtdpyd1OZgZf9NSnR9-7hAWT...dc2a24480e]
I'm up for a wealthy, older, protective alpha male too . . .
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

(December 5, 2016 at 10:27 am)vorlon13 Wrote: I'm up for a wealthy, older, protective alpha male too . . .

Older? Tongue
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
Excepting Brian, I've always been attracted/dating/with guys a few years older than myself. Older brother thing I guess.

Brian gets a pass since he demonstrated maturity beyond his years.

the older guy thing goes back to at least 3rd grade for me when I noticed the junior high boys smelled good after PE . . . .

WOOT!
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

I don't think men and women are the same. I don't think one is superior to the other, mind you, but I do think there are differences between men and women that go beyond just the outward physical appearances. Don't studies show that their brains are different as well?
"Of course, everyone will claim they respect someone who tries to speak the truth, but in reality, this is a rare quality. Most respect those who speak truths they agree with, and their respect for the speaking only extends as far as their realm of personal agreement. It is less common, almost to the point of becoming a saintly virtue, that someone truly respects and loves the truth seeker, even when their conclusions differ wildly." 

-walsh
And it does seem, even in the gay world, my occasional foray into being a sugar daddy for an older guy seems to be constitutionally difficult/weird for most older guys to digest.

Are there any popular movies about a young rich woman setting her sights on an older male and the difficulties that ensue ? Might be dram/rom/com Oscar nom with that plot if no one has tried it yet . . .

(December 5, 2016 at 10:12 am)Athena777 Wrote: People say men and women are different purely to justify promiscuity and cheating in men. 
...And for the record, I don't justify this in the least. I think promiscuity and cheating are just as immoral when a man does it as they are when a woman does it. Absolutely 0 difference there.
"Of course, everyone will claim they respect someone who tries to speak the truth, but in reality, this is a rare quality. Most respect those who speak truths they agree with, and their respect for the speaking only extends as far as their realm of personal agreement. It is less common, almost to the point of becoming a saintly virtue, that someone truly respects and loves the truth seeker, even when their conclusions differ wildly." 

-walsh
They are different. Their brains are different. We can't really 'rise above evolution' in this matter.
"What are you a fag?"

That sentiment keeps guys in check more than women know. I'm no men's rights activist but certainly both genders are different and have their struggles. Our real goal is to allow people to be who they are regardless of their genders or sex and try to create a society that will nurture people even if they deviate from the norms.

"What is normal anyway?"

Well, you see how I am typing this with my dick INSIDE my pants...

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Gender reversal in the presidential debates John V 11 4313 June 3, 2017 at 7:58 am
Last Post: brewer
  "third gender" to be officialy recognised in Germany Something completely different 27 6648 August 20, 2013 at 3:23 am
Last Post: Kayenneh
  Georgia Woman Told Vaginal Exam Needed To Prove Gender Raven 24 7302 June 27, 2013 at 11:27 am
Last Post: Minimalist
  Sweden Aims for "Gender Neutrality" Tiberius 63 27713 April 14, 2012 at 1:26 am
Last Post: KichigaiNeko