Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 10:27 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"third gender" to be officialy recognised in Germany
"third gender" to be officialy recognised in Germany
Quote:Germany is set to become the first country in Europe to introduce a third, "indeterminate" gender designation on birth certificates. The European Union, which is attempting to coordinate anti-discrimination efforts across member states, is lagging behind on the issue.

http://www.spiegel.de/international/germ...16940.html
RE: "third gender" to be officialy recognised in Germany
Probably an improvement over the Spartan method.

Quote:Infanticide was a disturbingly common act in the ancient world, but in Sparta this practice was organized and managed by the state. All Spartan infants were brought before a council of inspectors and examined for physical defects, and those who weren’t up to standards were left to die.
Don't cut my head off, I just want to know...what does this accomplish? I'm fine with it just being an acknowledgement of individual rights, but is there more at stake?

(The sudden image of a fundy nutjob running around a LGBT rally swinging a gladius is mucho disturbing...thanks Min.) Damned overactive imagination....
People born intersexed will be less likely to have their genitals fucked with because they have to either be male or female.

And I really can't wait for society as a whole to make the distinction between sex (what this article is actually about) and gender.
(August 19, 2013 at 12:22 am)The Germans are coming Wrote:
Quote:Germany is set to become the first country in Europe to introduce a third, "indeterminate" gender designation on birth certificates. The European Union, which is attempting to coordinate anti-discrimination efforts across member states, is lagging behind on the issue.

http://www.spiegel.de/international/germ...16940.html

What is that? Either you have a vagina or you have a penis. Your gender is determined not by your self-designation.
Indeterminate, wow.

In the rare cases that an abnormality occurs such as a child with both organs, I don't really know, I do know however that such cases are rare as to not give them a "special status" on their own.
[Image: trkdevletbayraklar.jpg]
Üze Tengri basmasar, asra Yir telinmeser, Türük bodun ilingin törüngin kim artatı udaçı erti?
gender =/= sex.
(August 19, 2013 at 11:12 am)pineapplebunnybounce Wrote: gender =/= sex.
Fuck off.
[Image: trkdevletbayraklar.jpg]
Üze Tengri basmasar, asra Yir telinmeser, Türük bodun ilingin törüngin kim artatı udaçı erti?
You are talking about sex, not gender, but I wouldn't expect you to know shit about that. And yeah, let's just ignore intersex people because it's not that common. Makes perfect sense /sarcasm
read a fucking book.
(August 19, 2013 at 11:15 am)pineapplebunnybounce Wrote: read a fucking book.

Might as well start praying for that, I'm sure Mehmet would rather burn books.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Are conservatives in this country trying to turn 'Murica into Nazi Germany? Foxaèr 11 1454 May 6, 2022 at 8:22 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Third parties profiting off of poor outcomes for patients....in AMERICA!? Aegon 23 3391 April 28, 2018 at 5:41 am
Last Post: downbeatplumb
  And on the third day, God created the Remington bolt-action rifle NuclearEnergy 6 2807 June 12, 2017 at 8:19 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Gender reversal in the presidential debates John V 11 4313 June 3, 2017 at 7:58 am
Last Post: brewer
  Merkel will pay migrants to leave Germany account_inactive 26 4734 February 12, 2017 at 3:28 am
Last Post: account_inactive
  Periods, body positivity, and third wave feminism BrokenQuill92 143 11969 February 8, 2017 at 11:06 am
Last Post: Catholic_Lady
  Gender Roles Athena777 53 4607 December 6, 2016 at 12:45 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  Can We Sue Germany for WWII? InquiringMind 59 5193 September 30, 2016 at 7:13 am
Last Post: Faith No More
  Bill Kristol Wants a Third Party Minimalist 21 2523 May 7, 2016 at 6:15 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Fuck Man....When GERMANY Accuses You of War Crimes Minimalist 75 12497 January 2, 2015 at 8:03 pm
Last Post: abaris