Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 5:41 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Misheard Lyrics
Misheard Lyrics
I am certain I am not alone here... Hearing things  wrong.

When I hear Led Zeppelin "Immigrant Song" ...the line "On we sweep with threshing oar, our only goal will be the Western shore.." 

I hear ...." On we sweep with threshing oar.. I wanna go where there's a restaurant"!

You?
God thinks it's fun to confuse primates. Larsen's God!

RE: Misheard Lyrics

Hotel California: Once saw a police man, rising up thru the air. 

I'll let you guess what I heard wrong for decades.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
Here's one example from my past:

The first couple times I heard it (in this version, not the Joni Mitchell original), I thought "paved paradise to put up a parking lot" sounded like "paved paradise and put up a fucking lie." And is it strange that I actually think it sounds better with those lyrics?
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.
Manfred Mann's Blinded By The Light: "Blinded by the light, wrapped up like a douche, another roller in the night..."
"Well, evolution is a theory. It is also a fact. And facts and theories are different things, not rungs in a hierarchy of increasing certainty. Facts are the world's data. Theories are structures of ideas that explain and interpret facts. Facts don't go away when scientists debate rival theories to explain them. Einstein's theory of gravitation replaced Newton's in this century, but apples didn't suspend themselves in midair, pending the outcome. And humans evolved from ape- like ancestors whether they did so by Darwin's proposed mechanism or by some other yet to be discovered."

-Stephen Jay Gould
Wrapped up like a douche, another runner in the night.
"For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." - Carl Sagan
(December 12, 2016 at 11:01 pm)c172 Wrote: Wrapped up like a douche, another runner in the night.

No, the correct mondegreen is "Revved up like a douche, another runner in the night." Chris Thompson said every word clearly except "douche."
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.
(December 12, 2016 at 11:01 pm)Tonus Wrote: Manfred Mann's Blinded By The Light: "Blinded by the light, wrapped up like a douche, another roller in the night..."

43 years I have heard it like that. From a family of 4 brothers and no sisters that was my first reference to douche. I was like " My Mom has to do that?"
God thinks it's fun to confuse primates. Larsen's God!

Yeah, we all her things a bit differently, I think.

On another note, I'ma use the word "mondegreen" at the cocktail party on Friday.
"For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." - Carl Sagan
Fat Boy Slim.  Gangster trippin.

The actual lyrics are "what we doin with the fatboy slimmin"

All I hear is "Fuck with the women and fuck with the women and fuck with the women"

I remember my family being at a table together and this song came on and I thought how can they let us sit here listening to this.

Also I remember the song "Don't want no short dick man"  Being on MTV while I was sat there watching it with my female cousin and I was thinking I must be mishearing the lyrics like on that fat boy slim song.  I was wrong.

It DEFINITELY says fuck with the women over and over.

I hear it clear as day.

Are you ready for the fire? We are firemen. WE ARE FIREMEN! The heat doesn’t bother us. We live in the heat. We train in the heat. It tells us that we’re ready, we’re at home, we’re where we’re supposed to be. Flames don’t intimidate us. What do we do? We control the flame. We control them. We move the flames where we want to. And then we extinguish them.

Impersonation is treason.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Incorrect Song Lyrics The Valkyrie 22 1166 January 20, 2021 at 5:15 pm
Last Post: Dundee
  Random Song Lyrics Puke Skywalker 13 2606 July 22, 2017 at 8:38 am
Last Post: brewer
  Final Determination of Christmas Carol Lyrics/Make Your Videos Shell B 64 4600 December 22, 2016 at 10:59 pm
Last Post: Shell B
  The 'Random Lyrics When Drunk And In A Good Mood' thread. Edwardo Piet 5 1685 August 22, 2016 at 7:58 am
Last Post: Brian37
  Pro Sanders Lyrics Mechaghostman2 4 1116 January 29, 2016 at 11:44 pm
Last Post: Sterben
  Favorite song lyrics Longhorn 20 2772 May 19, 2015 at 2:31 pm
Last Post: Longhorn
  Lyrics paulpablo 14 4399 August 7, 2013 at 1:44 pm
Last Post: Rahul
  Lyrics, rhymes, poems, ect thread. JohnDG 6 1901 November 30, 2012 at 3:40 pm
Last Post: JohnDG
  My favorite lyrics. leo-rcc 7 2481 February 7, 2010 at 12:42 pm
Last Post: Tiberius
  Some Bad Religion lyrics... Baird 1 1884 December 16, 2008 at 5:16 am